What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

So it looks like the Boco orders will really have more to do with lifting and conditioning. They can’t start actual practice until Oct. 8

I didn't watch but apparently Larry Scott was pushed by someone as to if he is pushing for an expanded playoff and the reporter basically told him it would make sense if he was (Pac playing fewer games, left out of past 3 playoffs). Larry Scott just gave diplomatic answers and said that the Pac will be eligible for the conversation. I think a big name Athletic reporter but I'm forgetting who it was from the podcast I listened to.

Not that I expected any different but Larry Scott should be yelling from the rooftops that the playoff should be expanded this year. I don't think he likes to be the squeaky wheel but this is the year that you can be the squeaky wheel and have reasoning other than our teams aren't good enough to be in the top 4.

If half the teams in baseball can make the playoffs (You're welcome, Rangers West aka the Padres), the CFP can go to 6.

If half the teams in baseball can make the playoffs (You're welcome, Rangers West aka the Padres), the CFP can go to 6.

An expansion of the playoff would require more money. ESPN would need to pay more, which would mean advertisers would need to step up. Not happening in a year like this

I happen to be in CO for my daughter’s hockey games (ok to fly her from PHX, but I’m not allowed in to watch her). We drove by Valor on the way to the rink and I just had to SMH. Had to have been a minimum of 200 kids out there practicing multiple sports. Tale of 2 counties I guess.

Attachments

• 0938DD87-803C-4D63-B08F-95663A416C6D.jpeg
    0938DD87-803C-4D63-B08F-95663A416C6D.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 24
hcqtrial.com

Seems legit.
Look, I know that people like you and manhattanbuff are rooting for COVID.

But review the data yourself. Go to somewhere like Worldometers and plot it. There is clearly a difference in outcomes between countries that employed early usage of HCQ vs. those that didn't. That result doesn't necessarily mean that HCQ caused the difference in outcomes. But it is an interesting coincidence if HCQ usage didn't have some influence.

I happen to be in CO for my daughter’s hockey games (ok to fly her from PHX, but I’m not allowed in to watch her). We drove by Valor on the way to the rink and I just had to SMH. Had to have been a minimum of 200 kids out there practicing multiple sports. Tale of 2 counties I guess.
Boulder County restrictions only apply to 18-22 yo. The high schools are practicing now even though classes remain online.

But review the data yourself. Go to somewhere like Worldometers and plot it. There is clearly a difference in outcomes between countries that employed early usage of HCQ vs. those that didn't. That result doesn't necessarily mean that HCQ caused the difference in outcomes. But it is an interesting coincidence if HCQ usage didn't have some influence.
Please provide data because I have seen nothing to support this, I am interested to see it.

Your straw statements are so terrible.

Dont drink Dr Trumps Koolaid....

oh snap. Too late.

I had to double check to see if this post was from @Alfred91

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Your straw statements are so terrible.

And your non-stop doomsday predictions of COVID’s impact on college football are terrible and embarrassingly inaccurate.

I look forward to another day of college football tomorrow, especially with the SEC and Big 12 returning, while you self-righteously pound your chest about the affect of COVID on incredibly healthy 18-22 year old college athletes.

Last edited:
Boulder County restrictions only apply to 18-22 yo. The high schools are practicing now even though classes remain online.
I realize that, but just don't understand how 2 18 year olds in Boulder playing catch are a threat to the community, but 200+ 16 and 17 year olds (and parents watching a softball game on premise as well) practicing in close proximity in South Denver is perfectly fine. This is just so f'n insane.

A little leadership back in Jan/Feb would have helped.

Man, woman, person, Dunning, Kruger.

And your non-stop doomsday predictions of COVID’s impact on college football are terrible and embarrassingly inaccurate.

I look forward to another day of college football tomorrow, especially with the SEC and Big 12 returning, while you self-righteously pound your chest about the affect of COVID on incredibly healthy 18-22 year old college athletes.
Like this particular incredibly healthy college football player (who is by the way considered a solid NFL prospect.)

A little pneumonia and some hospitalization is nothing to worry about, certainly shouldn't get in the way of enjoying watching a game.

https://universe.byu.edu/2020/09/23...hares-cautionary-covid-tale-of-sons-sickness/

And he is far from the only one who has gotten seriously sick.

Back