What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Rumors abound that USC could play home games in Vegas this season. Talking to USC season ticket holders, they are happily prepared to attend those games. CA most likely won't open up for fans in the stands during 2020 and Oregon and Washington governors have agreed to follow whatever CA tells them to do.

CU is telling incoming freshmen to get prepared to be on campus in August for the fall semester. CU is telling current students the same and expect to see an announcement on how CU plans to do it around the end of May. Not sure if that means fans in the stands, but it pretty much looks like CU is going to play football.

Rumors abound that USC could play home games in Vegas this season. Talking to USC season ticket holders, they are happily prepared to attend those games. CA most likely won't open up for fans in the stands during 2020 and Oregon and Washington governors have agreed to follow whatever CA tells them to do.

CU is telling incoming freshmen to get prepared to be on campus in August for the fall semester. CU is telling current students the same and expect to see an announcement on how CU plans to do it around the end of May. Not sure if that means fans in the stands, but it pretty much looks like CU is going to play football.
Where is your source on that info for incoming students? I know one, and he has not received that info. Additionally, the rumors I hear are that the campuses are making fairly extensive plans for remote learning in the fall

UNC

If that happens, where in Vegas does USC play? Allegiant Stadium has two tenants already-the Raiders and UNLV football. Is UNLV's old stadium still up?

If that happens, where in Vegas does USC play? Allegiant Stadium has two tenants already-the Raiders and UNLV football. Is UNLV's old stadium still up?
Is UNLV's normal stadium a covered one? How do you practice/play games in an uncovered stadium in Vegas in August/September?

If someone who has a sub wants to summarize key points that'd be cool. From some Twitter responses, sounds like Larry expects the Pac 12 to play the same as other conferences and doesn't foresee certain programs not participating

I saw the coach of PSU was talking earlier this week about having the Big-14 play this fall even is a few schools can't/won't participate. Basically he said tough ****...PSU, OSU, Michigan and most schools will play and they should not be penalized.

Schools that don't play this fall are DEAD. They will lose their players, their inbound recruits, and their 2021 class will suck eggs if they even have a class. I doubt those schools that don't play will get conference revenues either.

I saw the coach of PSU was talking earlier this week about having the Big-14 play this fall even is a few schools can't/won't participate. Basically he said tough ****...PSU, OSU, Michigan and most schools will play and they should not be penalized.

Schools that don't play this fall are DEAD. They will lose their players, their inbound recruits, and their 2021 class will suck eggs if they even have a class. I doubt those schools that don't play will get conference revenues either.
I think not playing is a multi-year setback for any middling or lower tier P5 program, for sure.

Is UNLV's normal stadium a covered one? How do you practice/play games in an uncovered stadium in Vegas in August/September?

They're moving into the Raiders' stadium-so yes. More important question is how do you work a Saturday if UNLV and USC are both supposed to be at home on the same day?

They're moving into the Raiders' stadium-so yes. More important question is how do you work a Saturday if UNLV and USC are both supposed to be at home on the same day?
I think they can manage scheduling changes or times if one of the 6 home games happens to conflict with one another

Explain your point. If nobody goes to the games, nobody goes to the games.

My point is USC would probably have to financially entice UNLV to work with them on the two Saturdays I've seen where they're both at home on the same day if USC decided we're playing home games in Vegas.

I hope I win the lottery. Neither of us are getting what we hope for.

UNLV still is an issue, though-but its something SC can fix with a couple pay games in LA in the future. I also don't think anybody who chooses not to bring students back will play football.

Last edited:
I hope you're right, but football is such a minor part of the University thought process for all this.

I haven’t seen anything publicized one way or the other as to how football fits in the process.

Back