What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

If anything the Pac12 is a follower in this whole situation. Just a week or 2 ago it was looking like the Pac12 might not play and now suddenly they're talking about playing a conference-only schedule. If the other 4 P5 conferences decide to play and the Pac12 says no then the other 4 will move forward without them.

Exactly. I also think there's a fair amount of the country who kind of rolls their eyes at stuff like LA County deciding we can't open up until August 1.

Even the SEC is being extremely vague on how the season will look, which means there are still many issues to address.

No one really wants to answer what happens if/when an outbreak occurs on a team.

Even the SEC is being extremely vague on how the season will look, which means there are still many issues to address.

No one really wants to answer what happens if/when an outbreak occurs on a team.

There's certainly alot of unknowns around how the season will look but it will happen in one form or another whether it's a delayed season, shortened season, or one that goes off as normal. Or some combination of these.

An outbreak on a team is certainly a tough question and other close contact sports are undoubtedly dealing with that same dilemma. Do you remove that player and more closely monitor all other players on the team? What if they have played a game or more since being contagious? These are just some of the questions that are still outstanding but at the same time it's still only May.

There's certainly alot of unknowns around how the season will look but it will happen in one form or another whether it's a delayed season, shortened season, or one that goes off as normal. Or some combination of these.

An outbreak on a team is certainly a tough question and other close contact sports are undoubtedly dealing with that same dilemma. Do you remove that player and more closely monitor all other players on the team? What if they have played a game or more since being contagious? These are just some of the questions that are still outstanding but at the same time it's still only May.

I'd call MMA a close contact sport. A fighter named Jacare Souza and two of his cornermen tested positive for COVID on Friday. UFC quarantined him and the cornermen of his and cancelled that fight, but moved forward with the rest of the card after they got the blessing from Florida officials. Lets see how the rest of their week goes-but if they get out of Jacksonville this week with only that happening-that's a pretty good sign for the return of sports who have don't have concrete return plans out there.

Arizona is opening professional sports beginning next week. They are clearly going after MLB. MLB also announced July 4th as when they are targeting to start in some capacity without fans in the stands. I know it’s different than college football because students on campus and all, but if MLB and other pro sports go off this summer without major issue, there’s going to be massive pressure for CFB to be played as well, regardless of whether students are on campus or not.

Dear Lord I just had a vision of the Pac 12 in the spring by ourselves. This conference is a ****ing joke.
I mean, do you know how much money the Pac 12 could theoretically leverage if it was the only football being played in the Spring? I guess it would just be a season instead of Spring camp and then they’d get the Summer off and then back to normal for Fall camp 2021?

Arizona is opening professional sports beginning next week. They are clearly going after MLB. MLB also announced July 4th as when they are targeting to start in some capacity without fans in the stands. I know it’s different than college football because students on campus and all, but if MLB and other pro sports go off this summer without major issue, there’s going to be massive pressure for CFB to be played as well, regardless of whether students are on campus or not.

I think you're on the right track, but I think its more likely they're targeting the NFL/MLB that would be in California.

I mean, do you know how much money the Pac 12 could theoretically leverage if it was the only football being played in the Spring? I guess it would just be a season instead of Spring camp and then they’d get the Summer off and then back to normal for Fall camp 2021?

Meh-I think you're looking at XFL/AAF quality football because the big name NFL prospects don't play. Not only that, but knowing Larry-these games would probably be played in the same raging insomniac window he's prioritized for the last few years.

My feeling RN is that the schools who are back on campus and have the green light to play football go and the ones who aren't sit this season. Only way we see football in the spring is if everybody decides that's the only way to get fans in the stands. I think the leagues collaborate to ensure the schools who need games (especially if the idea is to play 12 or get as close to that as possible) get them. For example, New Mexico is scheduled right now to play USC on 9/12. We're scheduled to host Fresno right now that same day. If we're both ready, why not have UNM come here?

Last edited:
Bama in Boulder. Epic beat down of those clowns!

That’s all I got.

Got a better idea. We're scheduled to play Washington 11/21. Midnight Mel and Nassar U are supposed to play Rutgers that same day. If the West Coast and NY/NJ sit the season, send Nassar U to Boulder on 11/21 and make sure fans can go.

Got a better idea. We're scheduled to play Washington 11/21. Midnight Mel and Nassar U are supposed to play Rutgers that same day. If the West Coast and NY/NJ sit the season, send Nassar U to Boulder on 11/21 and make sure fans can go.
Get the **** outta here!

What do you propose the P12 do about Californian political leadership?

I don't really think the league needs to do anything about California preparing for a 2nd wave of COVID that may or may not happen. Again, let the schools who are ready to play and want to play do so. The ones who aren't can sit the season. Don't hold CU, Utah, and the Arizona schools back because California won't let their residents leave their homes.

I don't really think the league needs to do anything about California preparing for a 2nd wave of COVID that may or may not happen. Again, let the schools who are ready to play and want to play do so. The ones who aren't can sit the season. Don't hold CU, Utah, and the Arizona schools back because California won't let their residents leave their homes.

You don't understand how the Pac-12 works and who holds the power in the conference do you?

My niece is enrolled in Iowa for the fall. My brother said he was on a virtual parents meeting where they said they are all set up to start on campus in the fall. Meanwhile, there was a report on the news this evening about Des Moines being a new hot spot.

All this talk about fall football is whistling past the graveyard, imo. You can laugh at LA and California all you want - my money's on them being ahead of the curve.

You don't understand how the Pac-12 works and who holds the power in the conference do you?

Stop. This league is a follower. Its also the most irrelevant of the power 5 leagues nationally. The only way this league plays in the spring is if that's what everybody else does. If not, the Pac 12 won't have a choice but to trot the schools who are ready to play do so and assist them in making up as many games as they need to for a full season.

My niece is enrolled in Iowa for the fall. My brother said he was on a virtual parents meeting where they said they are all set up to start on campus in the fall. Meanwhile, there was a report on the news this evening about Des Moines being a new hot spot.

All this talk about fall football is whistling past the graveyard, imo. You can laugh at LA and California all you want - my money's on them being ahead of the curve.

The number of new cases nationally today was as low as its been since late March per google.

The number of new cases nationally today was as low as its been since late March per google.
You also had the world’s leading expert in infectious diseases say that the cases are largely underreported and unknown given the limits on our testing apparatus.

You also had the world’s leading expert in infectious diseases say that the cases are largely underreported and unknown given the limits on our testing apparatus.

Two states-Minnesota and Wisconsin-are both testing far fewer people than they have the capacity to process.

Last edited:

Yeah-like those in MN. They can test 10k a week up there and they tested less than 4k last week.
I’ve been exposed to one person with a dead husband and can’t get a test. And yes, there are some states who are doing better than others wrt testing. That doesn’t defeat the concept that we should be working together.

Given the testing inconsitencies states face, there are a ton of intricacies with liability in college sports for a deadly virus that must be worked out before we dive head in. I’ll be fascinated to see what happens when a CA school defies state orders and a player gets C-19.

I’ve been exposed to one person with a dead husband and can’t get a test. And yes, there are some states who are doing better than others wrt testing. That doesn’t defeat the concept that we should be working together.

Given the testing inconsitencies states face, there are a ton of intricacies with liability in college sports for a deadly virus that must be worked out before we dive head in. I’ll be fascinated to see what happens when a CA school defies state orders and a player gets C-19

Oh I will too. Might be time for MN and WI to open testing up to anybody who wants one. For that matter, I'm watching the KBO via my DVR-and I'm fascinated to see what happens if they have a guy test positive.....especially given Karl Ravech said today they've had some spikes over there.

Two states-Minnesota and Wisconsin-are both testing far fewer people than they have the capacity to process.
So we aren't taking fauci's word anymore? Just checking because his word was golden to you a few weeks ago

How many people are involved with a college football team in fall camp? 150?

Now multiply that by the number of P5 teams. Or since a bunch of you think the Pac-12 means nothing to other conferences' school presidents, chancellors, and attorneys, just multiply it by 28 (Big Ten schools and SEC schools).

28 x 150 = 4200.

If a single one person shows up to fall camp carrying the virus, one out of 4200, you are going to see a program shut down, followed by a conference shut down, followed by the entire college football season.

It's ridiculous that anyone doesn't see this.

It is not only the political leadership in CA. It is OR and WA and let’s be honest, CO that will impact the decision for the PAC 12. I think these 4 states will keep practices from happening until late in the fall. We will see but I think OR has already said not sporting events until October. That cuts into the season dramatically. Maybe start the season late and only play a 9 game conference schedule but it will not accommodate the games like USC vs Alabama or CU vs CSU. I do not see this season going well from a national perspective at all. Would probably be a much better idea to move it to the spring and play an 11 game all in conference schedule.

How many people are involved with a college football team in fall camp? 150?

Now multiply that by the number of P5 teams. Or since a bunch of you think the Pac-12 means nothing to other conferences' school presidents, chancellors, and attorneys, just multiply it by 28 (Big Ten schools and SEC schools).

28 x 150 = 4200.

If a single one person shows up to fall camp carrying the virus, one out of 4200, you are going to see a program shut down, followed by a conference shut down, followed by the entire college football season.

It's ridiculous that anyone doesn't see this.

Back