What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

If someone who has a sub wants to summarize key points that'd be cool. From some Twitter responses, sounds like Larry expects the Pac 12 to play the same as other conferences and doesn't foresee certain programs not participating

LS expects all P12 schools to be unified to move forward as one and play the season. However when asked if a few schools refuse to play would the conference leave them behind or not play at all, he said "We'll have to cross that bridge when we get there, but I don't expect that." He doesn't expect decisions to be made until the end of June or early July.

The conference is starting to realize that college football is going to happen this fall even if the Pac12 is not part of it (there's an easy joke in there...)

CU should, at some point, offer season ticket holders an option to opt out this season and apply this years tickets to next year. Then have a plan to limit attendance to season ticket holders that opt to attend this season. No other tickets would be sold.

That would cut attendance to 25%. I do not know what the plan for students would be though. Maybe close every other row and seat in every 3rd seat? Just spitballing some ideas.

I told the ticket office when they called asking why i had not renewed that I would as soon as they could tell me they would play with fans in the fall. She said not an issue and told me they were putting me down as committed but waiting for more info. Told me my tickets and status were not in jeopardy

I told the ticket office when they called asking why i had not renewed that I would as soon as they could tell me they would play with fans in the fall. She said not an issue and told me they were putting me down as committed but waiting for more info. Told me my tickets and status were not in jeopardy
I got the following, April 28th, assuming all current ticket holders and donors got it even if they hadn't renewed yet.

Dear Aerobuff99,

We hope all of our Buffs season ticket holders are doing well during this challenging time. We miss our fans dearly, and are looking forward to the time when we can all be together again cheering on the Buffs at Folsom Field. We know there are a lot of questions about the upcoming fall, most of which we do not have answers for at this time just like many things in our world. We do, however, want to assure you that we will provide flexibility for your football season ticket investment amid this uncertainty.

In the event that any football games are not played, you will have multiple options for choosing how to handle the money you have already paid toward your season tickets and seat-related donations. These include:

• The ability to donate that money to funds within the Buff Club to support the welfare of our student-athletes.
• Keeping that money on your account as credit toward future purchases.
• Receiving a refund for the value of the games not played.

More details will be shared as specific circumstances arise. At this time, we continue to move forward planning for a full season of football, while assuring you that your investment is safe with us and you will have options if things change.

With that in mind, our season ticket renewal deadline is coming up on May 6 (moved from the original deadline of March 13), and we will begin our online seat improvement process on May 18 (originally scheduled for March 30). Please be on the lookout for a separate email with detailed instructions on how to engage with our online tool to move or add seats for the upcoming season. If you have already renewed and are happy with your current seat location, no further action will be needed and you are all set for the season.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time, as well as your ongoing support of CU Athletics. If you have any additional questions or are ready to renew your seats if you have not already, we are here to help and work with you and can be contacted at cutix@colorado.edu or by calling 303-492-8337. Please stay safe and Go Buffs!

CU should, at some point, offer season ticket holders an option to opt out this season and apply this years tickets to next year. Then have a plan to limit attendance to season ticket holders that opt to attend this season. No other tickets would be sold.

That would cut attendance to 25%. I do not know what the plan for students would be though. Maybe close every other row and seat in every 3rd seat? Just spitballing some ideas.

I've got a buddy who has seats in the White Club Level (so that's 1K for seats and then the 3K rights donation he's gotta make). He told me CU agreed to move his $4,000 for seats this year to 2021 if there is no football during the 20-21 calendar year. I would assume there would be some sort of credit for seats for OOC games that don't get played.

LA County going to stay shutdown at least until the end of July. USC and UCLA in a tough spot, they can’t promise the students they will be back on campus for fall. UCLA will have to join USC in Vegas.

LA County going to stay shutdown at least until the end of July. USC and UCLA in a tough spot, they can’t promise the students they will be back on campus for fall. UCLA will have to join USC in Vegas.

No school that isn't allowing in-person learning this fall will be playing football. If the UC system follows suit, UCLA and Cal won't play.

Last edited:
I thought it was three months. That puts them into mid August.

David Shaw was pushing back on that idea a few days ago.
giphy.gif

Fixed. Sports will be played whether California likes it or not.

I was talking to my brother about that a couple weeks ago. Just like the NCAAs when Duke and KU saying they weren't coming effectively sealed the deal on canceling the tournament, all it's going to take is one P5 conference saying they're not going to have a fall season to seal the deal on that, too.

It doesn't matter what the coaches, ADs, conferences, or TV execs think, it's what the attorneys think, and if legal counsel at ACC and Big Ten schools see the Pac-12 not having a fall season, they're not going to open themselves up to lawsuits by having a fall season.

I was talking to my brother about that a couple weeks ago. Just like the NCAAs when Duke and KU saying they weren't coming effectively sealed the deal on canceling the tournament, all it's going to take is one P5 conference saying they're not going to have a fall season to seal the deal on that, too.

It doesn't matter what the coaches, ADs, conferences, or TV execs think, it's what the attorneys think, and if legal counsel at ACC and Big Ten schools see the Pac-12 not having a fall season, they're not going to open themselves up to lawsuits by having a fall season.
Likewise, though, if the SEC says yes and holds some kind of season, the other attorneys will also say yes. Big time college football isn’t going to look to the state of California and the Pac 12 as any kind of example

Big time college football

If "Big Time college football" was making the choice, you're right. My contention is the lawyers will be making the choice, not the football folks.

I would expect the SEC and southern ACC schools to be the last to fall in line, as that's where the pressure to play will be the greatest, but if/when the Big Ten and Northern ACC schools see what the Pac-12 is doing (if the Pac-12 does in fact postpone the season), they're going to cancel.

If "Big Time college football" was making the choice, you're right. My contention is the lawyers will be making the choice, not the football folks.

I would expect the SEC and southern ACC schools to be the last to fall in line, as that's where the pressure to play will be the greatest, but if/when the Big Ten and Northern ACC schools see what the Pac-12 is doing (if the Pac-12 does in fact postpone the season), they're going to cancel.
We’ll see but the SEC institutions are just as invested in the football programs playing a season as the ADs are and it’ll be their lawyers making the decisions. Unless the feds or state governments specifically say no, I think you’re underestimating the power of football in that part of the country.

The B1G caving will be enough for the SEC to follow suit IMO. And I can see Michigan and Ohio being big problems there for the B1G.

The B1G caving will be enough for the SEC to follow suit IMO. And I can see Michigan and Ohio being big problems there for the B1G.
That is a fascinating point. I'm willing to bet the back office conversations are already taking place while the Governors, based on their public actions, don't want to hear a word about it at this point. What is even more interesting, is their decisive actions have been on the range of similar despite one being R and one being D. This is going to be amazing to watch it unfold!

source.gif

That is a fascinating point. I'm willing to bet the back office conversations are already taking place while the Governors, based on their public actions, don't want to hear a word about it at this point. What is even more interesting, is their decisive actions have been on the range of similar despite one being R and one being D. This is going to be amazing to watch it unfold!

source.gif

And to add to that, those two states also happen to house the two most prestigious programs in the conference.

If anything the Pac12 is a follower in this whole situation. Just a week or 2 ago it was looking like the Pac12 might not play and now suddenly they're talking about playing a conference-only schedule. If the other 4 P5 conferences decide to play and the Pac12 says no then the other 4 will move forward without them.

Like the governor of Oregon did last week?

Don't worry, Uncle Phil's Trustee Board has explicit directions to emacipate UO and Nike from the United States under certain conditions. This one certainly applies. If you don't think the board has the war chest to bribe the current Pub leadership, think again.

Back