What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

The rest of the world is able to get soccer to work now and we have insiders predicting that in the US, we still won't have our act together by next spring to make sports happen.

. . .We did see a recent "spike" in cases/deaths (protests??) . . .
EfFbMemXgAEA8JF

Help me with playing college football in the spring. Your going to be competing with college basketball and March Madness.

TV has only so many broadcasting trucks and trying to get them from city to city to broadcast is not going to happen.

They lost March Madness last year and if possible they will not let that happen again.

Same with high school football here in Colorado. Best athletes can't play football, basketball and baseball all at the same time.

Where is the NCAA in all of this? I thought they were paid to make decisions, how is leisure suit Larry cancelling football while other schools are still planning to play?

P12 and B1G: “We’re very concerned about our students health this fall. So instead we would like to have them play 24 games next year. But please don’t forget going to class, working out and practicing 20 hours a week is totally cool, 100% safe.”

Where is the NCAA in all of this? I thought they were paid to make decisions, how is leisure suit Larry cancelling football while other schools are still planning to play?

P12 and B1G: “We’re very concerned about our students health this fall. So instead we would like to have them play 24 games next year. But please don’t forget going to class, working out and practicing 20 hours a week is totally cool, 100% safe.”
the NCAA has cancelled fall sports for DII and DIII. Their group on DI meets 21 Aug to address plans for that division, but note the NCAA does not have governance over the FBS conferences. As I understand it, the 21 Aug meeting will only impact FCS sports.

Help me with playing college football in the spring. Your going to be competing with college basketball and March Madness.

TV has only so many broadcasting trucks and trying to get them from city to city to broadcast is not going to happen.

They lost March Madness last year and if possible they will not let that happen again.

Same with high school football here in Colorado. Best athletes can't play football, basketball and baseball all at the same time.
The absolute least of anyone’s concerns.

Basketball is also delayed, looking forward ro May Madness. You're welcone.

If Nebraska goes rogue and there is some sort of season with them playing in it, they will most certainly not be in the BIG conference anymore. If that happens, does CU entertain a move to the BIG?

There is an extremely small chance there will be a season. However, if there is, I think the Pac 12 conference is done for. Does RG tell his west coast alumni to come up with an extra $15 million a year or we move? I am most certainly sure this is all fantasy land but if that plays out, RG needs to be on the phone with at least having discussions with the BIG. P5 football is in for a massive changeover regardless of what happens in the next 12 months and CU needs to have everything on the table.

If ****braska goes rogue and there is some sort of season with them playing in it, they will most certainly not be in the BIG conference anymore. If that happens, does CU entertain a move to the BIG?

There is an extremely small chance there will be a season. However, if there is, I think the Pac 12 conference is done for. Does RG tell his west coast alumni to come up with an extra $15 million a year or we move? I am most certainly sure this is all fantasy land but if that plays out, RG needs to be on the phone with at least having discussions with the BIG. P5 football is in for a massive changeover regardless of what happens in the next 12 months and CU needs to have everything on the table.
did you mistype or I reading this correctly that you believe the Pac conference is "done for" if they play a season (i.e. you believe the Pac is better off if they don't play this year)?

did you mistype or I reading this correctly that you believe the Pac conference is "done for" if they play a season (i.e. you believe the Pac is better off if they don't play this year)?
No, I don't think I probably typed it out well. If the rest of the conferences who are still wanting to play actually have a season (ACC, SEC, Big12, and anyone else) and actually finish a season with minimal issues, then yes, I think the pac 12 is done for. The recruiting advantage will be massive and the money issues with the pac 12 will be astronomical. Again, the percentages of this happening are extremely small, but something to ponder.

No. If the rest of the conferences who are still wanting to play actually have a season (ACC, SEC, Big12, and anyone else) and actually finish a season with minimal issues, then yes, I think the pac 12 is done for. The recruiting advantage will be massive and the money issues with the pac 12 will be astronomical. Again, the percentages of this happening are extremely small, but something to ponder.

It’s fine, we will make all that money up in the spring when we play 24 games next year!

Live look at the Pac 12 offices:

giphy.gif

If ****braska goes rogue and there is some sort of season with them playing in it, they will most certainly not be in the BIG conference anymore. If that happens, does CU entertain a move to the BIG?

If they asked us, we’d have to say yes before the meeting was over.

No, I don't think I probably typed it out well. If the rest of the conferences who are still wanting to play actually have a season (ACC, SEC, Big12, and anyone else) and actually finish a season with minimal issues, then yes, I think the pac 12 is done for. The recruiting advantage will be massive and the money issues with the pac 12 will be astronomical. Again, the percentages of this happening are extremely small, but something to ponder.
That would really bad calculation on the other conferences’ part because, if they do have any outbreaks, their conference will get super-sued with damages accelerated because other big conferences cancelled.

fan384543SMALL.jpg

the NCAA has cancelled fall sports for DII and DIII. Their group on DI meets 21 Aug to address plans for that division, but note the NCAA does not have governance over the FBS conferences. As I understand it, the 21 Aug meeting will only impact FCS sports.
They have published three drafts of guidelines for safe play adopted by most conferences as a minimum standard. The guidelines are well thought out b

That would really bad calculation on the other conferences’ part because, if they do have any outbreaks, their conference will get super-sued with damages accelerated because other big conferences cancelled.
The potential for negligence suits increases with every conference/team that decides not to play. The publication of the P12 medical reports also puts them in a bind. I suspect we will see B1G report soon.

Um. How does one “social distance” while tackling or even just blocking? Hey, maybe if everyone goes to Texas Tech’s huge line splits and then only tackles below the knees. Oh. Also no press coverage, no hand offs, so all-Option football; bring back the I-bone (without the fullback dive option, or the QB under center). Shoot. Maybe just flag football but the defense gets those extend-a-grab vice grippers.
In theory, if you don't have the virus you can't spread the virus, whether you social distance or not. That's the entire hope and premise the other conferences are continuing with their plans to play in the Fall. Test, test, test, test, test, play, test, test, test, test, test, play

big-12-schedule-2020.jpg

5 games on Sept 26th if things go well for them.

What do you want to happen here ?
Are you wanting it to off without a hitch because it's college football or are you rooting for failure?

big-12-schedule-2020.jpg

Are you wanting it to off without a hitch because it's college football or are you rooting for failure?
I hope no one is rooting for failure, that would mean a player got sick. Judging by some of the comments in this thread though, who knows.

big-12-schedule-2020.jpg

Not rooting for failure. Hoping to see these conferences play this Fall and everything go off without a hitch and then hoping to watch the BIG and Pac 12 play in the Spring.

So you're saying the Pac 12 and BIG are playing the long game here by allowing the SEC, ACC and Big 12 to play and open themselves up to lawsuits.

giphy.gif
I’m not saying that at all. I’m merely saying a norm has been set with MWC, SwAC, P12, B10 etc that has increased the liability for those that decide to play. SEC and others know that.

In theory, if you don't have the virus you can't spread the virus, whether you social distance or not. That's the entire hope and premise the other conferences are continuing with their plans to play in the Fall. Test, test, test, test, test, play, test, test, test, test, test, play
The P12 decided, in large part, to not play due to inadequate testing in light of community spread. Others will face this problem.

Attachments

• 77E8B043-5922-43A4-BCA9-B637E658DC8E.jpeg
    77E8B043-5922-43A4-BCA9-B637E658DC8E.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 8
Back