What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

Have to be at least .500 after the Arizona game. If not, it is going to be an ugly season.
I think if we are not .500 at this point, knowing our depth issues, we might be looking at 3-5 wins total. If we are .500 here I would go with 4-6 wins total.

I see us with maybe 4 wins. This is not a schedule for the faint of heart at all. 7 is possible but so is zero wins.

The doubt of the overall talent level is strong. And it is not getting better
With the exception of LT, every offensive position is better in 2021 than it has been in years.

The addition of Lamb and Barnes on defense is big (they likely aren’t done adding transfers) and if Landman is able to come back the defense should be a decent unit.

Like every other year since 2016, this is a five to seven win team.

I’m not worried about the offense. I’m worried that we will give up 50 points a game. We are depending on Landman to fully recover and that somehow we will figure out how to cover the tight end.

The doubt of Brendon Lewis is strong.
I'm not worried about Lewis and Broussard doing work. I'm worried about them trying to keep up with teams that are able to score nearly every drive on us by simply running down the middle for the first 5+ games of the season while Landman is still out.

I'm not worried about Lewis and Broussard doing work. I'm worried about them trying to keep up with teams that are able to score nearly every drive on us by simply running down the middle.

I doubt bowl eligibility will be out of reach before November. Beyond that? Who knows.

I'm not worried about Lewis and Broussard doing work. I'm worried about them trying to keep up with teams that are able to score nearly every drive on us by simply running down the middle for the first 5+ games of the season while Landman is still out.
New DC, new ILBs coach, new scheme, and new players.

This is a talented team. Not necessarily deep, but there are some nice pieces all over the place.

A good QB covers up a lot of warts.

With the exception of LT, every offensive position is better in 2021 than it has been in years.

The addition of Lamb and Barnes on defense is big (they likely aren’t done adding transfers) and if Landman is able to come back the defense should be a decent unit.

Like every other year since 2016, this is a five to seven win team.

A good QB can cover warts and we will see where we are there. I am not buying we have a better than ave QB on this squad. They are going to have to score a much better than average rate to cover for a defense that is going to regress quite a bit. My point is that I look at the schedule and see the vast majority of the teams were or are improving talent wise at a greater rate than the Buffs.

I see 4 to 5 wins. Would love to eat the crow that would come with winning 6 or more. Just not going to happen without Lewis being a top quad QB in the PAC.

A good QB can cover warts and we will see where we are there. I am not buying we have a better than ave QB on this squad. They are going to have to score a much better than average rate to cover for a defense that is going to regress quite a bit. My point is that I look at the schedule and see the vast majority of the teams were or are improving talent wise at a greater rate than the Buffs.

I see 4 to 5 wins. Would love to eat the crow that would come with winning 6 or more. Just not going to happen without Lewis being a top quad QB in the PAC.
That’s fair, although, I don’t see the defense being as bad as people think. I just look at the conference in most years and how none of the teams tend to live up to their hype or supposed talent level. I think the conference is mostly mediocre to the high end of really good, but I think any team can beat/lose to any other team in a given week. Except Arizona. They suck

That’s fair, although, I don’t see the defense being as bad as people think. I just look at the conference in most years and how none of the teams tend to live up to their hype or supposed talent level. I think the conference is mostly mediocre to the high end of really good, but I think any team can beat/lose to any other team in a given week. Except Arizona. They suck
I really hope so. I do want to see them win. I have lost my gold colored glasses though which is a new perspective for me. I used to be on the optimistic side but that changes last year. They over performed last year and were lucky the season ended when it did. The ending and my feeling they would not have won another game is where I am coming from. I do not think the base is a s good as some and I know the depth in key areas could end up being a major problem.

I thought they were going to change the PAC 12 championship game back to Saturdays. When is that supposed to happen?

Not sure Lewis even has to be that good. If he close to the middle of the conference, we are in good shape.

This team still has some holes and major depth issues which will be exposed in a 12-game season, but I think it will end up being a question of bowl eligibility right up to the final game... again.

I'm curious to see how Chev uses Brou, Fontnote, and Clayton this coming season and I saw some things that could be done from watching some FCS teams (Southern Illinois & Nicholls are two examples I'm referring to) this spring. Think Clayton could be a good wildcat QB in that case? Nothing wrong with sending Lewis to the sidelines for a play every drive or every other drive to have a chat with Chev or HCKD to calm the nerves & discuss some plays in addition to keeping the RB room content. The offense certainly has the potential to be very good this upcoming season as long as the Buffs keep the ball.

Defense will be okay if the Buffs can slow running games down and pressure QBs consistently. Good thing we have that UNC game to give some new defensive players some downs.

If the Buffs go bowling again, HCKD gets his contract extension no questions asked and Chev might land a HC gig somewhere.

Not sure Lewis even has to be that good. If he close to the middle of the conference, we are in good shape.

This team still has some holes and major depth issues which will be exposed in a 12-game season, but I think it will end up being a question of bowl eligibility right up to the final game... again.
Depth is THE issue. It bit us last year when Landman went down. It will bite us again, because injuries are inevitable. We'll be competitive up until the critical injuries happen. Then game performances will suffer and the losses will mount. I don't see us bowling at the end of the year, but I also see us beating a team or two that no one expects us to - mostly because I think our starting talent is good enough to compete with most of the teams in the PAC.

Back