What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Hoops coaching carousel

Dunlap was the guy I wanted when we hired Tad. Wasn’t there another serious candidate? I feel like there were 3. Alvin Gentry?

Gentry was pretty vocal about wanting the job as i recall. Tad was a surprise Bohn hire imo. though, i will say my step dad is an OU season hoops season tix holder since the mid 70's and a former OU walkon player and juco star.....knows some hoops, pretty cerebral, good guy, can still shoot the rock for a old guy....said he loved the way Tad's UNC team played in a near upset of a pretty good Kelvin Sampson OU team in Norman he saw. in person. got good shots when they needed to, good fundamentals. d up.

i liked the hire after that. fwiw.

If it ends up being Scheyer, I wouldn't be all that surprised. I've just thought Brad Stevens would end up there. Coach K has done it all, outside of an NBA title. He goes to the Lakers, they might have.

Hope Duke doesn’t go after Tad! But, thank God, it will be Jon Schyrer. It has been reported, so he’s the HC in waiting.

Last edited:
If it ends up being Scheyer, I wouldn't be all that surprised. I've just thought Brad Stevens would end up there. Coach K has done it all, outside of an NBA title. He goes to the Lakers, they might have.

The only way it isn't is if they bring like Wojo or some other Dukie back if they have an opening.

Personal feelings aside, I think Dana's the 3rd best coach in the conference after Cronin & Tad.

Personal feelings aside, I think Dana's the 3rd best coach in the conference after Cronin & Tad.

Sure, but how annoying is that "take senior transfers, have a starting 5 that averages 23 years old" schtick?

Back