What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 NCAA Tourney 1st round game thread- #5 seed Men's bball scheduled to face #12 seed Georgetown (Sat., 3/20, 10:15 AM MT, CBS)

I absolutely love the feeling of standing right on the doorstep of the greatest moment in CU hoops history. A win Monday cements Kin’s legacy as the greatest Buffs hoops player ... Tad is already our best coach but that would remove all doubt. Can’t wait to see it.

Okay, I have to say this. Georgetown is not a tournament caliber team. They finished the season 13-13. We beat them they way we should’ve. They weren’t much of a test and would’ve finished last in the Pac 12.

However, we played great and would’ve beaten just about anyone playing like that.
Disagree. They went 10-4 since the end of Jan ... in the Big East, after a month layoff, after rejiggering their lineup. They weren’t great but still a legit team. We just were WAY better.

Disagree. They went 10-4 since the end of Jan ... in the Big East, after a month layoff, after rejiggering their lineup. They weren’t great but still a legit team. We just were WAY better.
Whatever.

I'm changing my public narrative (nobody has to know that it's a change) to:

"Oh, I just feel bad for Georgetown. A .500 Big East team facing an upper echelon Pac 12 team. It was just a tough draw for the Hoyas."

I absolutely love the feeling of standing right on the doorstep of the greatest moment in CU hoops history. A win Monday cements Kin’s legacy as the greatest Buffs hoops player ... Tad is already our best coach but that would remove all doubt. Can’t wait to see it.
Love Kin but the recency bias here is ridiculous.

He is easily one of the best ever but GOAT? No.

Chauncey with this kind of team around him would have been even more amazing than he was.

Whatever.

I'm changing my public narrative (nobody has to know that it's a change) to:

"Oh, I just feel bad for Georgetown. A .500 Big East team facing an upper echelon Pac 12 team. It was just a tough draw for the Hoyas."

You're not even wrong.

Although, a just as good narrative is that Georgetown was a mediocre to bad team that went on a magical run before reverting to form, meanwhile Colorado came back from a temporary setback in the Pac-12 tournament to resume their winning ways.

Did CU’s win get the Pac-12 another “unit” of tournament money? I thought I heard something like each win nets the conference more money.

ESPN APP front page
Kin and pops
Really appropriate for this team.

Kin is talented enough as are a number of the Buffs that they could get away with being "look at me, me first" type players.

Kin is the leader but this team is full of guys who are more about the "we" than the "me."

In a game where guys are scoring in bunches Kin ends with more assist than points, Evan ends with 6 points, 3 rebounds, a blah stat line for him. Horne had a tough shooting game, Dallas only played 13 minutes. To watch those guys on the bench though you would think they were having the time of their lives supporting teammates, having fun every time the guys on the floor made a play, Kin pointing to his father, other players seeking out assistant coaches to hug after the game.

This team is talented but there are certainly more talented teams in the tourney, there were also more talented teams in the PAC. This team though is truly a team, not a bunch of guys wearing the same color jerseys and riding the same bus from the hotel to the game.

all the way. all the way. i feel relatively confident that when our Buffs win the whole thing, it will be one of us degenerate half-blinded by whiskey diehards who has the winning tourney pickem.

puff.puff.pass.

I few observations:
1. We played in the Pac 12 bubble, not really knowing how good we were compared to the rest of the country. That question has been answered. Pac 12 is good. Buffs are good. Media totally whiffed on this. We looked like a team that could beat Gonzaga today. Or is the reality that Georgetown is really really bad? They looked way worse than UW and Cal, or anyone else we played this year. Or are the Buffs really that good? More data Monday.
2. Jabari was the difference today. He plays with a swagger I've never seen in a Buff uniform before. That swagger and confidence is contagious. The dude is big time. If he plays like this on Monday we could lose him to the draft this year. Still we win almost as easily without him because of Kin and Schwartz.
3. We need to lock up Tad. Give him a coach for life contract with a massive buyout. I know he's not going anywhere, but you never know when someone offers a truckload of money. Even when he's bad he's good. I love the players he gets. Still, I don't think the CBS pre/half/post-game announcers said his name even once. Just Ewing Ewing and more Ewing.

Exactly. Chauncey might be the better player ... but Kin’s legacy and what he did while he was here makes him the greatest.
I think you have, sort of, two different categories. The greatest player and the player with the greatest career.

You're not even wrong.

Although, a just as good narrative is that Georgetown was a mediocre to bad team that went on a magical run before reverting to form, meanwhile Colorado came back from a temporary setback in the Pac-12 tournament to resume their winning ways.

Overseeded too. A team with their body of work should have been a 14.

Really appropriate for this team.

Kin is talented enough as are a number of the Buffs that they could get away with being "look at me, me first" type players.

Kin is the leader but this team is full of guys who are more about the "we" than the "me."

In a game where guys are scoring in bunches Kin ends with more assist than points, Evan ends with 6 points, 3 rebounds, a blah stat line for him. Horne had a tough shooting game, Dallas only played 13 minutes. To watch those guys on the bench though you would think they were having the time of their lives supporting teammates, having fun every time the guys on the floor made a play, Kin pointing to his father, other players seeking out assistant coaches to hug after the game.

This team is talented but there are certainly more talented teams in the tourney, there were also more talented teams in the PAC. This team though is truly a team, not a bunch of guys wearing the same color jerseys and riding the same bus from the hotel to the game.
amen, praise Tad

Love Kin but the recency bias here is ridiculous.

He is easily one of the best ever but GOAT? No.

Chauncey with this kind of team around him would have been even more amazing than he was.
Recency Bias??? Burdie Halderson, Wilky Gilmore and Cliff Meeley unavailable for comment!

Back