What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 NCAA Tourney 1st round game thread- #5 seed Men's bball scheduled to face #12 seed Georgetown (Sat., 3/20, 10:15 AM MT, CBS)

Pretty obvious that Ewing’s scouting report was, “Stop Wright and you beat the Buffs. Their other guys can’t beat ya.” Ewing needs another scout.

Pretty obvious that Ewing’s scouting report was, “Stop Wright and you beat the Buffs. Their other guys can’t beat ya.” Ewing needs another scout.
13 Assist says they didn't stop Wright either.

Kin creates opportunities to score. He doesn't worry a lot about if he is putting the points on the board or one of his teammates.

That was my point. The better games are during the day on Sunday and during the evening on Monday.

If tomorrow's schedule is any indication then our chances of having an evening game on Monday are good. There's only 2 afternoon games tomorrow, one at 12:10 and one at 2:40 Eastern and those are both 1-8 matchups. The other 6 games start at 5:15 Eastern or later.

13 Assist says they didn't stop Wright either.

Kin creates opportunities to score. He doesn't worry a lot about if he is putting the points on the board or one of his teammates.
Tad said, after the game, that in the past not scoring would get into his head. Now he’s fine with taking what they give him. He’s really matured.

Avery Johnson talking about Jabari in the Oklahoma Missouri game.

Lots of people had no idea who we were. Blowing out a big name Big East team (even if they aren't a great team) has solved that.

We won't sneak up on anyone the rest of this tournament.

Interesting and accurate post from a USC fan site regarding the Colorado-Georgetown game, written prior to the game.
Good thing we smoked the **** out of them.

Interesting and accurate post from a USC fan site regarding the Colorado-Georgetown game, written prior to the game.
Well, if the writer’s primary hope was for the Pac to gain respect, mission accomplished. Everything after this weekend is gravy.

Well, if the writer’s primary hope was for the Pac to gain respect, mission accomplished. Everything after this weekend is gravy.
CznDIzrUQAAhsp3.jpg

Well, Kin was the was the best player on the floor, so this strategy would’ve been helpful if Gtown could’ve executed.

So I think I have the payout thing figured out. Sort of. Each team earns a unit for each level they get to. So, for making the field, the Pac earned 5 units. And if UCLA wins, we earn another 5, or 10 units total. I surmise asked on an earlier post that the Pac earned $11,000,000 for getting 5 teams in, so a unit is worth $2.2 million.

So if UCLA wins our 10 units will be worth $22 million. That is divided equally among all 12 schools and is paid over 6 years. So far that equates to $22,000,000 / 12 / 6 = $305,555.56 per year for the next 6 years.

With zero turnovers along with a dozen points. He was a part of an incredible portion of the team’s offensive output. Gtwon had the right idea. They just couldn’t do it. When Kin wasn’t in the game, CU looked like a very different team.
What doesn't show in the statistics is that Kin controlled the pace of the game. As much as they tried to pressure him he kept the game going at the speed Colorado wanted, not the Hoyas.

With zero turnovers along with a dozen points. He was a part of an incredible portion of the team’s offensive output. Gtwon had the right idea. They just couldn’t do it. When Kin wasn’t in the game, CU looked like a very different team.
For sure. They forced Kin to pass... but went too far in that direction. We've had of games from 3, sure, but they let us have shootaround for a half. I'm convinced Ewing only watched the last 5 games on tape or something. We've been cold from 3 a bit (outside of Horne, Jeriah) and they were ignoring the 3 point line to sag 3-5 guys onto Kin.

Reactions: DBT
So I think I have the payout thing figured out. Sort of. Each team earns a unit for each level they get to. So, for making the field, the Pac earned 5 units. And if UCLA wins, we earn another 5, or 10 units total. I surmise asked on an earlier post that the Pac earned $11,000,000 for getting 5 teams in, so a unit is worth $2.2 million.

So if UCLA wins our 10 units will be worth $22 million. That is divided equally among all 12 schools and is paid over 6 years. So far that equates to $22,000,000 / 12 / 6 = $305,555.56 per year for the next 6 years.
Doesn't Tad have bonuses in his contract based on levels reached in the tournament? $150k for the Sweet 16?

For sure. They forced Kin to pass... but went too far in that direction. We've had of games from 3, sure, but they let us have shootaround for a half. I'm convinced Ewing only watched the last 5 games on tape or something. We've been cold from 3 a bit (outside of Horne, Jeriah) and they were ignoring the 3 point line to sag 3-5 guys onto Kin.
The number of times Colorado has shot 60%+ from three on 25+ attempts is minimal. Despite their best efforts he got the job done. He just outplayed them.

The number of times Colorado has shot 60%+ from three on 25+ attempts is minimal. Despite their best efforts he got the job done. He just outplayed them.
Your response is a repeat of your point, not a response to mine. Kin did outplay them.

Go Abilene Christian!!

Is that Abilene KS or Abilene TX? Just wondering.

Back