What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

You don’t bring back players who expect to start (and won’t) because you can conjure up the notion of a low probability fluke non contact injury to a better player.
I never thought Noyer didn't see the writing on the wall. And he'd likely have transferred anyway because of it. But it's tough to start out with only 2, and that trump's everything you're saying.

I never thought Noyer didn't see the writing on the wall. And he'd likely have transferred anyway because of it. But it's tough to start out with only 2, and that trump's everything you're saying.
Your argument is terrible and you’ve now contradicted yourself. Your original assertion was that we should’ve had Noyer back simply for depth reasons even though we all know that wasn’t a role he’d accept. You running a victory lap because of Shrout’s fluke injury with nobody else near him is so bizarre.

Since Noyer leaving was inevitable, your depth argument is not unique (i.e. you did not predict this scenario). It definitely doesn’t trump my argument that the program needed to move on by developing its younger, more talented players.

What it ended up being isn't the point. It was the strategy earlier in the year that was debated. Our new #2 is much too green. That was the concern then and now.
Noyer is/was a warrior. I was with you on the Noyer back part. Having only two eligible qb’s is bound to be bad news. The staff was in a no win situation with him. Noyer coming back was a Montez situation waiting to happen, IMO. As much of a warrior as he was/is, this program wasn’t going to take a step forward with him.
This isn’t a popular opinion but I give the staff kudos for making this move. The previous two staffs would have never done that.

Noyer is/was a warrior. I was with you on the Noyer back part. Having only two eligible qb’s is bound to be bad news. The staff was in a no win situation with him. Noyer coming back was a Montez situation waiting to happen, IMO. As much of a warrior as he was/is, this program wasn’t going to take a step forward with him.
This isn’t a popular opinion but I give the staff kudos for making this move. The previous two staffs would have never done that.
Yours is not an unpopular opinion.

jon stewart middle finger GIF

I’m gonna clap when Noyer comes on the field in November. He deserves it. I hope others do as well.

I was nervous about reading that Broussard was busting big runs up the middle. Then I saw that Barnes, Wells, and landman were out. Good to see Deion Smith is fast, even with a brace…but Where TF is Clayton in this mix?
Hopefully not Ole’ Miss or Tennessee…..

QB1 in Corvallis right now
Out of curiosity I read the 247 Beaver site yesterday, and it seemed that Noyer and Gebbia were both QB1 options at this point. Gebbia was out for a couple of days with something minor, which allowed Noyer to run with the ones for the first series in the Beavers’ scrimmage yesterday, but they really rotated the QBs with the rest of the first unit. Noyer had a really bad pick six, and it looks like Gebbia outplayed him in the scrimmage, although the offense as a whole struggled against the defense.

Out of curiosity I read the 247 Beaver site yesterday, and it seemed that Noyer and Gebbia were both QB1 options at this point. Gebbia was out for a couple of days with something minor, which allowed Noyer to run with the ones for the first series in the Beavers’ scrimmage yesterday, but they really rotated the QBs with the rest of the first unit. Noyer had a really bad pick six, and it looks like Gebbia outplayed him in the scrimmage, although the offense as a whole struggled against the defense.
All I saw was their scrimmage report where he was running with the 1s, but didn’t read much beyond that. Thanks

Back