What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

Per Adam on 24/7, Brady Russell, Carson Wells, Nate Landman, Robert Barnes, Jon Van Diest, Chris Miller, Matt Lynch, Carson Lee, Casey Roddick, Austin Johnson are not participating.

Wait I thought everyone said montez was garbage that year? So if our QB was garbage and we still were 5th in the conference that leads me to believe he was pretty damn good. And no, a running back who puts up those stats isn’t a “rotational player” that is a starting caliber player in this conference. Is he a rotational guy on this team? Yes but that is because we have a freak of nature in front of him not because he is just some JAG. And speaking of

Montez? I don’t follow. I’m saying they were 5th and 7th in the conference in those rushing statistics in 2019, so they were objectively average relative to the Pac 12.

And what stats are you saying are starting caliber? Fontenot’s 4.7 ypc that put him 10th in the conference? I guess that’s technically starting caliber. He’s a fine player, but he is not special.

Montez? I don’t follow. I’m saying they were 5th and 7th in the conference in those rushing statistics in 2019, so they were objectively average relative to the Pac 12.

And what stats are you saying are starting caliber? Fontenot’s 4.7 ypc that put him 10th in the conference? I guess that’s technically starting caliber. He’s a fine player, but he is not special.
Everyone one here was bitching about montez and how bad he was and the only reliable, consistent part of that offense was the run game. You said it was 5th and 7th in yards and yards per game correct? He was the starting running back, he was a good player. He didn’t have offers from any big schools so people will **** on him and it’s dumb

To be clear, averaging 4.7 yards/carry in college is actually not very good. Fontenot ranked 156th in that category in 2019. Even if you remove the 14 players with fewer than 100 carries that were ahead of him, it's still not good.

If a guy isn't averaging over 5 yards/carry (probably more like 5.5), he's just not that effective, and definitely isn't considered explosive.
Lindsay had a career average of 4.9.

I was nervous about reading that Broussard was busting big runs up the middle. Then I saw that Barnes, Wells, and landman were out. Good to see Deion Smith is fast, even with a brace…but Where TF is Clayton in this mix?

Everyone one here was bitching about montez and how bad he was and the only reliable, consistent part of that offense was the run game. You said it was 5th and 7th in yards and yards per game correct? He was the starting running back, he was a good player. He didn’t have offers from any big schools so people will **** on him and it’s dumb
I think you have a different definition of “sh**ting on him” than a lot of other people here.

Refreshing to hear our starting QB *likely* is working through a scrimmage in a solid fashion. Better than the past couple years of Montez not taking practice very seriously.
But… calf test

1628962054199.png
I thought we all agreed years ago this was most important.

Per Adam on 24/7, Brady Russell, Carson Wells, Nate Landman, Robert Barnes, Jon Van Diest, Chris Miller, Matt Lynch, Carson Lee, Casey Roddick, Austin Johnson are not participating.
Thanks. Thumbs up seemed inappropriate

Back