What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

Doesn't sound good for JT Shrout...transfer portal is still open for another QB to come in right?

I trust that HCKD and Chev will have some extra wildcat plays for this season.

Doesn't sound good for JT Shrout...transfer portal is still open for another QB to come in right?

Transfer portal QB could not play this yr unless grad transfer.

They almost have to go find someone looking to be a Grad Transfer right? Like anyone who has taken a decent amount of meaningful snaps in a collegiate game.

Regarding the Transfer Portal, looking at the 247 portal page, there are something like 58 uncommitted QBs in the portal, so there should be a few that CU can look at, although most of them are listed as TBD on when they would be eligible to play. There are 11 3 stars (no 4 stars) listed as having “immediate” eligibility, although a certain number of the TBD QBs would probably have immediate eligibility, and there is 1 four star among those.

Of course, not all of them could qualify academically. Assuming that CU would want a dual-threat QB, there are few options listed as 3 stars with immediate eligibility:

Rhett Rodriguez. 6-1. Rich Rod’s son. Previous team AZ.
Keon Howard. 6-1. Previous team Southern Miss

A number of the QBs don’t specify whether they are pro style or dual-threat, and most are listed as pro-style.

Of the Pro-style QBS, the highest rated is Kevin Doyle, 6-4, previous team AZ.
There is also Devion Modster, 6-2, previous team Cal.

Also, Luke McAllister, 6-5, from Palmer Ridge here in Colorado, previously committed to CSU. Here is McAllister’s scouting report:

“Big frame with ideal length and physical tools. Room to add mass, but checks off all boxes from stature standpoint. Strong armed quarterback and seamless thrower. Comfortable in the pocket and steps into his throws. Keeps eyes down field to find open targets and does well to hit receivers in stride. Shows knack for putting touch on the ball. Can fit throws into tight windows. Looks far more at ease rolling to his right and could improve footwork, ability to escape pressure and throw on the run. Room to refine mechanics, particularly with quicker release. Potential multi-year starter at Division I level with chance to garner looks from NFL Draft scouts.”

McAlister bailed on CSU after one semester without playing a game. I don’t see any media reports as to why or what happened, and I don’t want to descend into the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is Ram Nation in order to see that those nincompoops had to say about it.

At any rate, it seems like CU would have a few guys to look at if they wanted to try to get someone from the portal.

Regarding the Transfer Portal, looking at the 247 portal page, there are something like 58 uncommitted QBs in the portal, so there should be a few that CU can look at, although most of them are listed as TBD on when they would be eligible to play. There are 11 3 stars (no 4 stars) listed as having “immediate” eligibility, although a certain number of the TBD QBs would probably have immediate eligibility, and there is 1 four star among those.

Of course, not all of them could qualify academically. Assuming that CU would want a dual-threat QB, there are few options listed as 3 stars with immediate eligibility:

A number of the QBs don’t specify whether they are pro style or dual-threat, and most are listed as pro-style.

Also, Luke McAllister, 6-5, from Palmer Ridge here in Colorado, previously committed to CSU. Here is McAllister’s scouting report:

“Big frame with ideal length and physical tools. Room to add mass, but checks off all boxes from stature standpoint. Strong armed quarterback and seamless thrower. Comfortable in the pocket and steps into his throws. Keeps eyes down field to find open targets and does well to hit receivers in stride. Shows knack for putting touch on the ball. Can fit throws into tight windows. Looks far more at ease rolling to his right and could improve footwork, ability to escape pressure and throw on the run. Room to refine mechanics, particularly with quicker release. Potential multi-year starter at Division I level with chance to garner looks from NFL Draft scouts.”

McAlister bailed on CSU after one semester without playing a game. I don’t see any media reports as to why or what happened, and I don’t want to descend into the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is Ram Nation in order to see that those nincompoops had to say about it.

At any rate, it seems like CU would have a few guys to look at if they wanted to try to get someone from the portal.
As mentioned earlier most guys would have to sit out the year. Even if they didn't it would be tough to get them admitted on time then the issue of trying to teach them enough of the offense in this short a time to be of value.

Probably the best bet is to hope that Lewis stays healthy and get the freshmen as ready as you can. Beyond that would a last minute transfer be likely to give us a better result than our walk-ons.

Might be an opportunity though if they know of a guy who they liked but didn't end up signing with a D1 program that they could convince to walk-on instead of going JUCO.

And agree on Ciccarone, it would have been nice to have him around right now.

McAllister ain’t it, Chief.

Is Tate Martell still out there?

okay, I’ll show myself out…

Back