What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Offseason Thread

Probably less of one if you're adding rather than hemorrhaging players
That’s the problem though. Every program is going to lose players every year, so it’s going to be a constant job of recruiting your own current players to stay as well the high school kids and transfers to back fill those kids that left. It’s going to make it very hard for coaches to plan very far out.

The tweet that Jens posted about more and more college coaches jumping to the NFL is true and it’s going to accelerate if there are openings.

That’s the problem though. Every program is going to lose players every year, so it’s going to be a constant job of recruiting your own current players to stay as well the high school kids and transfers to back fill those kids that left. It’s going to make it very hard for coaches to plan very far out.

The tweet that Jens posted about more and more college coaches jumping to the NFL is true and it’s going to accelerate if there are openings.
The portal is a disaster! Never thought about the idea of Coaches going to the NFL since it is a pain the arse to keep your squad together.

There still has to be a spot on a roster somewhere. Some of these kids might find out there might not be a home anywhere.
I think the portal is great for the athletes overall but at some point someone in the media is going to do research and report on the actual success rate of transfers. I'm sure some kids (like Noyer when he was going to transfer) know they aren't going to play at the same level but the amount of kids that don't land anywhere or end up without a scholarship walking on somewhere else is going to expose the ugly side too.

When they announced the transfer portal I liked it because I thought the kids needed to be able to have more control over where they play, and I still do.

I also thought that it would be a leveling factor in college football. Instead of top talent being stuck on the bench as a third stringer at Bama a kid could transfer to Oregon State and be a starter.

Unfortunately it seems like instead of evening things it has made them more unbalanced with top QBs going to playoff schools and good depth players leaving lower end P5 schools for G5/FCS.

Had this discussion before, but the Portal simply gives the "have's" an insurance policy to bail them out of recruiting mistakes and takes away the only possible way the "have nots" had to try to catch up, namely better player evaluation in the first place.

Back