What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Offseason Thread

Noyer faces an uphill task. Won't take part in Spring drills due to his Shoulder surgery. He needs to work on his game. Coming back to provide depth is a good thing. Looks like the QB battle will be between Lewis and Shrout. Carter will need a redshirt year.

What if.... and hear me out here..... Karl Dorrell knows what he's doing? Need to see it in recruiting this year, of course, but he seems to be handling most other things pretty well.
I know people are disappointed with the recruiting class... but has KD done anything to make us think he's not doing a good job? For the most part the players seem to love him, he's a good leader, and he's just rock steady. Time will tell obviously, it's been only one year, but he earned a Pac-12 COY award... I think the program is in pretty good hands.

I know people are disappointed with the recruiting class... but has KD done anything to make us think he's not doing a good job? For the most part the players seem to love him, he's a good leader, and he's just rock steady. Time will tell obviously, it's been only one year, but he earned a Pac-12 COY award... I think the program is in pretty good hands.
He has done a great job with what is currently in the program. His first recruiting class is on par with the mid to upper tier G5 programs, though, which will definitely come back to bite him in a couple years if he doesn't right that ship.

Last edited:
On field/In program = Solid B
Recruiting = Solid F

Most of the portal entries are a good sign. But I have to admit the Mangam and Rakestraw entries concern me a bit.

That's the biggest issue, yes, but another major concern was how he would manage the staff and whether he'd be aggressive in firing and trying to upgrade and whether he would just promote internally or look outside.
The 2021 staff is not finished. Will judge it appropriately when it is. Right now, it is a work in progress.

Absolute nightmare for coaches.

Especially because NFL free agency has a salary cap and term contracts so players can't play one year for a team and then bolt to a new team. In college now that's exactly how it works. Every player in CFB is a free agent at all times and it costs another team nothing except a roster spot to nab them. And the coach is the de facto GM, trying to convince his free agents to stay while also trying to coach. Very very difficult I imagine

Especially because NFL free agency has a salary cap and term contracts so players can't play one year for a team and then bolt to a new team. In college now that's exactly how it works. Every player in CFB is a free agent at all times and it costs another team nothing except a roster spot to nab them. And the coach is the de facto GM, trying to convince his free agents to stay while also trying to coach. Very very difficult I imagine
Correct. Significantly more difficult to manage a roster now. NFL gigs look much cushier and the pay is better for the most part

Back