What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Transfer Portal

Just so I'm clear:

Everyone who graduated this year has a extra year of eligibility, and can play right away? Is there any other special rules that apply to transfers this year because of the covid year?
This year didn't count against anyone's eligility.

Graduating seniors can transfer without sitting out a year, as they could in the past.

I'm unclear if underclassmen can transfer without sitting out a year.

All the rising Seniors for the 2021-2022 season are in the same boat; the transfer market is going to be spicy for a few years.

Lots of 1 year contracts in college football last year. Also have to think covid really prevented guys from bonding with their school

I feel like I should start a new thread just for this, but this is something everyone should see:

Yeah. It's so funny that these folks act like they're concerned about the little guys. It's helping them. This is hurting the blue blooods that pay the bills. No Duke or Kentucky this year. Sparty didn't make it to the Rd of 64. UNC got upset early. So did Kansas. That's the concern of big media.

I am intrigued what Jordan Bohannan of Iowa will decided. He let it be known yesterday that if the Iowa legislature passes the NIL legislation, he will return for an extra season.

He's a local kid, loved by the fans and probably not loved by the coaches for his activism with the NIL but they do like the way he plays.

He's been injured a lot and it has hampered his game. He is still better than any point guard on the roster who will be returning. As they say, he will be coming back for his 10th year. :LOL:

Bohannan did not get his wish from the Iowa legislature. They NIL bill is dead. Will be interesting to see what he decides.

Robert Sorell said:
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/bs-sp-georgetown-center-qudus-wahab-maryland-mens-basketball-20210403-uyuqbirncjgclhwpgicid62vbq-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Wahab to Maryland.

Assuming the Sun has it correct, he'll be playing next year.

So I'm guessing no sitting out for a year for underclassmen transfers?

Maryland doing some business in the transfer market. They are trying to get good fast.

I thought Tad mentioned one time that Grad transfers can get 2 years of grad school paid for by the school they are transferring into, but he would only be able to pay for 1 if they stayed. In essence he basically encouraged those players to find another school if they truly intended to complete grad school.
Grad school is huge, take the free education and the leg up in the job market. No brainer

As presumably the board's one Wake Forest fan, pretty excited about this. Forbes is doing work to turn over the roster and really upgrade talent this offseason.

And, frankly, the Buffs owe the Deacs for taking Bzdelik.
Bzdelik was fine. It was great timing that he chose to leave and Tad was ascending at UNC.

The cupboard was absolutely bare when Ricardo left, I think the only talent he recruited after Richard Roby was Xavier Silas, and Sials followed him to N. Illinois.

Bzdelik got the program out from rock bottom, and set Tad up with a much better program that what Bz inherited from Patton.

Bzdelik was fine. It was great timing that he chose to leave and Tad was ascending at UNC.

The cupboard was absolutely bare when Ricardo left, I think the only talent he recruited after Richard Roby was Xavier Silas, and Sials followed him to N. Illinois.

Bzdelik got the program out from rock bottom, and set Tad up with a much better program that what Bz inherited from Patton.
Sure, Bzdelik was Wake’s Patton though. And pretty sure he would have never gotten the Buffs to where Tad has

I feel like I should start a new thread just for this, but this is something everyone should see:

I’d be interested in how he defines “better” programs. By record? By conference affiliation?

Back