What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

Cousin Jack has cooled off of Urban for several reasons. He isn't going to ND before he leaves.

I watched the first episode of Untold: Swamp Kings. Definitely put Urban in a good light but also shows what a demanding coach he is.
I thought it was a cool documentary about the success of Florida under Meyer. However, the “Untold” docuseries is supposed to be a bit more than that and they (Urban and Tebow) clearly had an agenda to make sure those Florida teams were memorialized in a good light and not the controversial tone around Hernandez, Cooper, Pouncey brothers, Dunlap getting a DUI before the SEC Championship game, Urban’s “heart attack”, Cam Newton, Percy Harvin choking out his position coach, etc.

Urban seems pretty injuried. The video of him in the bar and his awful NFL gig just feels like he's too damaged goods to get a huge job like Notre Dame.
He might get something like a UCF gig but would he even take it? Just my opinion, but the guy just is creepy now forever in my eyes.
Yeah, the bar thing was cringey and the liquid bed-****ting in Jacksonville made him look completely ineffective. And dumb. I think his chances of walking right into a Top 10 P5 program for huge dollars aren't quite what they were before.

I thought it was a cool documentary about the success of Florida under Meyer. However, the “Untold” docuseries is supposed to be a bit more than that and they (Urban and Tebow) clearly had an agenda to make sure those Florida teams were memorialized in a good light and not the controversial tone around Hernandez, Cooper, Pouncey brothers, Dunlap getting a DUI before the SEC Championship game, Urban’s “heart attack”, Cam Newton, Percy Harvin choking out his position coach, etc.
Spoiler Alert! 😜

Yeah, I have no illusion the rest of the series will continue to gloss over controversy.

TBF, they did mention that, "things just went away". Albeit brief 😆

Yeah, the bar thing was cringey and the liquid bed-****ting in Jacksonville made him look completely ineffective. And dumb. I think his chances of walking right into a Top 10 P5 program for huge dollars aren't quite what they were before.
Maybe ineffective to grown men with $MM. They military regiment he runs appears to churn out results. He's taking his timeout, top programs will be knocking on his door again.

Spoiler Alert! 😜

Yeah, I have no illusion the rest of the series will continue to gloss over controversy.
Ha sorry, I figured letting everyone know it is basically a UF/Urban/Tebow fluffer piece, rather than a true look behind that era would be OK. A lot of sentiment out there on social media that it was pointless to even make and people shouldn’t have bothered watching

Ha sorry, I figured letting everyone know it is basically a UF/Urban/Tebow fluffer piece, rather than a true look behind that era would be OK. A lot of sentiment out there on social media that it was pointless to even make and people shouldn’t have bothered watching
I was just kidding. If you don't know about the **** that went down at UF under Urban, you don't belong on this board.

I liked the insight in to the workouts and culture that Urban built, especially since he and Coach Prime have a relationship strong enough to have Urban visit practice. Based on countless hours of watching CP (including the Amazon fluffer piece), I am comfortable that CP is much more focused on developing good people than Urban was at UF.

really all depends on his “health”, doesn’t it? I mean, are his “health” issues behind him?

Maybe ineffective to grown men with $MM. They military regiment he runs appears to churn out results. He's taking his timeout, top programs will be knocking on his door again.
His time with the Jaguars was laughably embarrassing. Remember “This is like playing Alabama every week!”. But yeah, I agree he’ll get another shot in college somewhere if he wants it.

This was actually funny; the UNTOLD story was in fact the same sunshine pumping they've been spewing. Seeing Harvin choke his coach...

People here thinking Schools all of a sudden care about one of the best coaches ever past history 🤣
Part of it (for me) is I really question that Urban Meyer can any longer command the sort of respect that he used to be able to from his players. Clearly, he was a great coach and very demanding.

Does he really have that drive left? questionable.
Was he exposed as ****-ball and will current players respect him? questionable

Will some dumb ass program throw him the 10s of millions he'd want to give it another go? Probably so. I wouldn't.
But yeah, I'll admit, someone likely will. But still, the shine is off this scumbag.

Back