What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

Looks like GA Tech is about to enter the Carousel

Lucky Jon Heder GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I think I could deal with waiting until next year if I knew for certain that we'd have a new Chancellor who was fully prepared to pull the trigger on a complete house cleaning of the AD and football staff in 2023.
Roach George is gonna keep getting that $100K a month and outlive them all.

I think I could deal with waiting until next year if I knew for certain that we'd have a new Chancellor who was fully prepared to pull the trigger on a complete house cleaning of the AD and football staff in 2023.

I'm gonna say it again. Hiring a coach while DiStefano is still here, but on his way out, would be a mistake. It would significantly limit the pool of applicants. How many of you would take job where your boss is getting replaced in a few months?

I understand that this is the worst CU football team since the ones that lost to Drake, but that doesn't mean you continue on the futility cycle by canning KD and hiring a new coach with the same old Chancellor. We all need to take the long view.

Last edited:
I'm gonna say it again. Hiring a coach while DiStefano is still here, but on his way out would be a mistake. It would significantly limit the pool of applicants. How many of you would take job where your boss is getting replaced in a few months?

I understand that this is the worst CU football team since the ones that lost to Drake, but that doesn't mean you continue on the futility cycle by canning KD and hiring a new coach with the same old Chancellor. We all need to take the long view.
CU President needs to make AD a direct report and that issue goes away.

I'm gonna say it again. Hiring a coach while DiStefano is still here, but on his way out would be a mistake. It would significantly limit the pool of applicants. How many of you would take job where your boss is getting replaced in a few months?

If you could guarantee me that PD was going to retire at the end of this year, a new pro-athletics Chancellor hired shortly after, and then both RG and KD were going to be **** canned after another abysmal season in 2023, I could probably get on board with taking the long view. I don't have any faith that will happen, though, and even with the incompetents running the AD and campus, there are competent football coaches who can at least make this program respectable.

Still not optimal. The coach has to trust that the President will actually follow through on that. The bottom line is that uncertainty about the leadership of the Boulder campus will scare off some candidates.

Still not optimal. The coach has to trust that the President will actually follow through on that. The bottom line is that uncertainty about the leadership of the Boulder campus will scare off some candidates.
Deeper candidate pool with more CU resources next year based on our circumstances.

Problem is that KD's making it impossible to wait. His historically bad results are nuking the plan.

Or just hire a competent Chancellor.
I think both of these can happen. The coach isn’t going to directly report to the Chancellor. While I agree that the timing of events is far from ideal, there is a way to overcome it as Bohner points out.
Problem is, that’s a very unlikely scenario. So we are ultimately right back where we started. Have to get rid of Phil first. This bukk**** about him serving out to the end of the school year is completely unnecessary. The “school year” is an artificial construct anyway, and there are students enrolling and graduating at all times throughout the calendar year. Phil needs to go. Announce it now that he’s gone at the end of 2022. Start the process to replace him, and have the new person fully involved with the process for the new HC.

Deeper candidate pool with more CU resources next year based on our circumstances.

Problem is that KD's making it impossible to wait. His historically bad results are nuking the plan.
This talk of CU being broke, poor leadership, etc as reasons why they can't possibly make a change right now are all just bull**** excuses. I said it before, but this is still CFB, where coaches are hired to be fired and they are paid handsomely to go away. CU is not unique in this situation, nor are they the only AD in the country that wishes it didn't have to pay a buyout.

Isn't this the last year with unlimited transfers? That could factor into a decision to make the move now rather than wait.

If I have that right, CU could be a completely transformed team next fall.

I'd assume they'll get the AD in place first, but here's an initial speculation on GA Tech HC candidates:

Back