What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

Alabama replacing both coordinators this year. Excellent hot board for both Assistants.

OC - Joe Brady, Jeff Lebby, Derek Dooley, Brian Johnson, Kliff Kingsbury, Dan Mullen, Jeff Scott, Greg Roman

DC - Geoff Collins, Todd Grantham, Jimmy Lake, Jim Leonhard, Jeremy Pruitt
Don't count the golden boy Scott Frost out for that OC role.

Sorry, I called it a firing because that's what it looked like even if that's not what it was technically.
Same effect, same outcome. Kind of a dick move to let him work and recruit for a month and then say, you know, we don't like you cussin and talkin bad about how the campus looks. NCAA should give a free pass to anyone who transferred there during January.

Same effect, same outcome. Kind of a dick move to let him work and recruit for a month and then say, you know, we don't like you cussin and talkin bad about how the campus looks. NCAA should give a free pass to anyone who transferred there during January.
I don't think the kids on campus, especially the football team are making their decision easy to live with.

Come on, man. When an offense is Top 5 in the nation despite the starting QB missing a couple games and not being 100% most of the season, I don't know how anyone can say the OC did a bad job or has a bad scheme for college.
With a returning Heisman Trophy winner and a roster full of 4-5 star players, those rankings aren’t that impressive. I know that a lot of Alabama fans haven’t been impressed.

I think they’ve learned their lesson.
We’ll see. I just don’t believe they will ever acknowledge their place in modern CFB as a program with a “10-2 every few years” kind of ceiling, but hey, maybe they eventually look at Iowa and actually accept that it’s better to be a 7-9 win team most years than a 3-5 win team

Ideally we beat the **** out of Nebraska this year and rhule wins 10 games while talking non stop about how Colorado should be in the B1G

We’ll see. I just don’t believe they will ever acknowledge their place in modern CFB as a program with a “10-2 every few years” kind of ceiling, but hey, maybe they eventually look at Iowa and actually accept that it’s better to be a 7-9 win team most years than a 3-5 win team
CU's success under Coach Prime will make it so anything short of Playoff success is failure. They look down on CU, so will never accept that they shouldn't be able to surpass anything we achieve as a birthright.

CU's success under Coach Prime will make it so anything short of Playoff success is failure. They look down on CU, so will never accept that they shouldn't be able to surpass anything we achieve as a birthright.
Agreed, but I am genuinely curious about people’s expectations for Rhule, not how Nebraska fans perceive their program. Would you really be surprised if he got them to 6 wins in year one, 7-8 wins in year two and 9 wins in year three, only to fall back to 6-7 wins in years four and five?

Agreed, but I am genuinely curious about people’s expectations for Rhule, not how Nebraska fans perceive their program. Would you really be surprised if he got them to 6 wins in year one, 7-8 wins in year two and 9 wins in year three, only to fall back to 6-7 wins in years four and five?
Yeah. I don't think they're any better positioned than Iowa State as a program these days.

Literally every person I know from Nebraska has accepted mediocre or slightly above as their fate.

Alabama replacing both coordinators this year. Excellent hot board for both Assistants.

OC - Joe Brady, Jeff Lebby, Derek Dooley, Brian Johnson, Kliff Kingsbury, Dan Mullen, Jeff Scott, Greg Roman

DC - Geoff Collins, Todd Grantham, Jimmy Lake, Jim Leonhard, Jeremy Pruitt
Saban should go with Jim Leonhard at DC. I thought I read after Brady left LSU that he doesn't like to recruit?

Back