What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 NIT Tournament Thread - MEN'S Bball (1st round- #4 seed Buffs hosting St. Bonaventure, Boulder; Tues., March 15, 9:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

Do you ever stop bitching about the refs? Walker was awful tonight and complete neutralized by an excellent defensive game plan. St Bonny played harder and smarter. They wanted it more. CU got its ass handed to it tonight.
Refs were awful. The Buffs are to blame for losing though. Piss poor effort.

Tad, obviously, really disappointed with the effort and especially the defensive effort. Said we’ve been a mediocre defense all year and wants to be a top 3 defense next year. Also mentioned we lost 6 games at home this year and have to figure that out. Said we should never lose at home.

Tad, obviously, really disappointed with the effort and especially the defensive effort. Said we’ve been a mediocre defense all year and wants to be a top 3 defense next year. Also mentioned we lost 6 games at home this year and have to figure that out. Said we should never lose at home.
Spot on.

We showed probably do something' about getting off of ball screens then.

Sure, half of them were moving and never got a single call, but our defenders ran into them and stuck like a booger on a toddler's face.

Tad should have the team take layups until they make 1000 in a row, then move them back to 2 feet away and do the same thing. Absolutely ****ing pathetic from 5' in.

Jabari needs to come back next year or this team is in bigger trouble than most of you think. If KJ doesn't take the lead, there is no voice left.

Do you ever stop bitching about the refs? Walker was awful tonight and complete neutralized by an excellent defensive game plan. St Bonny played harder and smarter. They wanted it more. CU got its ass handed to it tonight.
I’ll stop bitching when you post something intelligent and not straight out of your a$$ on here. So I guess I’ll be abitchin’ for awhile.

wow their players sure were talking **** there at the end
They ran their mouths a lot for a team that was top 25 preseason and way underperformed. I will not be cheering for the Bonnies moving forward.

We just didn’t play very good. A couple stretches were real strong, but an all around weak performance. Transition defense was non existent in the first half, half court defense wasn’t good enough in the second half, and we missed a bunch of easy looks. I will say, their big guy is about the best shot blocker I’ve seen this year. Jumps out of the gym and times his jumps tremendously well. It made a difference.

At 3:37 SBU lost the ball out of bounds and then there was a TV time out. Buffs in bound and get a shot clock violation 3:16. Was the 20 second shot clock a mistake or some NIT experimental rule? Or did they rule that SBU never possessed the ball after the rebound?

We showed probably do something' about getting off of ball screens then.

Sure, half of them were moving and never got a single call, but our defenders ran into them and stuck like a booger on a toddler's face.

Tad should have the team take layups until they make 1000 in a row, then move them back to 2 feet away and do the same thing. Absolutely ****ing pathetic from 5' in.

Jabari needs to come back next year or this team is in bigger trouble than most of you think. If KJ doesn't take the lead, there is no voice left.
Yeah, shooting was putrid, just like v Arizona. It’s not like their defense was all that stifling.

Shot clock violations
Lack of cohesive scoring plays
No inside-outside game
No good pick n roll action
Terrible at the rim, dunk when you can dunk it, pump fake the shot blocker, create smart body contact, go learn from Joker!
Proud of the team
Jabari please come back
Sweet 16 is my way early call for next year

Random musings from last night:
1) Don't freak out, but this was a game where we could've really used Lovering. I think having him occupy Osunniyi at times would have opened things up for Walker and Battey inside.
2) This is also a game where we could've really used Parquet's experience and grit against their experienced guards. Our young guards were undersized and a bit overwhelmed by them last night.
3) Walker isn't quite ready for the NBA. As much as scouts will look at all his double double games, they will look at this one and point to him going dark against longer, more athletic opposition. The NBA is full of guys built like Osunniyi, but 100x more talented.
4) Call it bitching, but when officiating crews miss 4-5 blatant calls every damn night, you have to wonder when the conference will realize there are problems. And it's not just a CU issue. There were plenty of awful calls against our opponents this year as well.
5) The Bonnies could've been the biggest bunch of pricks we've seen come through here in a long time. They're going to fall off a cliff next year when they lose 95% of their off/def production, and I for one will be watching from afar with glee.
6) We need a different S&C program for our guys. We'll see what we look like next pre-season, but whoever is overseeing that program better get their a$$ in gear starting today.
7) Some people are freaking out about next year after one game, but we'll be fine. I do now think we need to pick up a bigger off guard and of course, another big whether Jabari leaves or not.

24 wins in 2022-2023 is a guarantee. Go Buffs.

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

1) Don't freak out, but this was a game where we could've really used Lovering. I think having him occupy Osunniyi at times would have opened things up for Walker and Battey inside.
2) This is also a game where we could've really used Parquet's experience and grit against their experienced guards. Our young guards were undersized and a bit overwhelmed by them last night.
3) Walker isn't quite ready for the NBA. As much as scouts will look at all his double double games, they will look at this one and point to him going dark against longer, more athletic opposition. The NBA is full of guys built like Osunniyi, but 100x more talented.
4) Call it bitching, but when officiating crews miss 4-5 blatant calls every damn night, you have to wonder when the conference will realize there are problems. And it's not just a CU issue. There were plenty of awful calls against our opponents this year as well.
5) The Bonnies could've been the biggest bunch of pricks we've seen come through here in a long time. They're going to fall off a cliff next year when they lose 95% of their off/def production, and I for one will be watching from afar with glee.
6) We need a different S&C program for our guys. We'll see what we look like next pre-season, but whoever is overseeing that program better get their a$$ in gear starting today.
7) Some people are freaking out about next year after one game, but we'll be fine. I do now think we need to pick up a bigger off guard and of course, another big whether Jabari leaves or not.

Walker is good enough for the G League and a potential 2-way contract. If he has teams telling him he's a first rounder then he's gone, and we should all wish him well.

Walker is good enough for the G League and a potential 2-way contract. If he has teams telling him he's a first rounder then he's gone, and we should all wish him well.
True, but if he stays a year and even puts up just slightly better stats next year he's a Top 12 pick. Biiiiiiiiig difference in money between the 2 scenarios.

True, but if he stays a year and even puts up just slightly better stats next year he's a Top 12 pick. Biiiiiiiiig difference in money between the 2 scenarios.
Don't see this as being true. He needs to put up significantly better 3 point #s and have an all time great year scoring + improve his rebounding (very hard to do) to show big enough growth to get in the top 12.

Excellent points, and I agree with every single one.
It seems that Tad needs to ramp up the details come tournament time, and we need to have a few rock-solid set plays that can get us buckets.
If Jabari stays, guys get healthy, and we grow up both physically and mentally, then this is a Sweet 16 team.
I agree that these guys need to have way more base strength, so whatever needs to be improved in the weightroom needs to happen.
I would actually just like to see us find an older really athletic big guy, similar to the shot blocker last night that way it give Lovering time to heal, and give us a rim protector.
Love this team, need it to stay together and grow up another year, and then Tad needs to not have to rip into them early, rather they should be ready to go from the jump, it is his responsibility to make them ready before.

You b-walkin mother****er

Back