What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams has seen Riley up close. He’s seen how he handled Spencer Rattler. There’s a very good chance he didn’t have the best experience with Riley this last year. Not saying that’s true but it’s certainly a possibility.
Possible, although I read somewhere that CW and SR didn’t get along at all. Who knows if it was factual.

I was thinking about this a little more last night after talking to my FIL in Madison. Crazy to think this appears to be down to Wisconsin and USC for Caleb Williams and there really isn't anything you can point to that gives Wisconsin an advantage over USC when recruiting a QB.

However, it occurred to me that Wisconsin's OL coach/OC, Joe Rudolph, left to be the OL coach at VaTech (making me believe Chryst encouraged him to move on), and Chryst is likely bringing in Bobby Engram to be the new OC. Engram was the WR coach under Chryst at Pitt and is currently the Ravens' TE coach.

Pair these moves at key offensive staff positions, a new AD at UW with Alvarez no longer running the show (at least publicly), increasingly lackluster offensive performances over the last couple seasons, the program falling short of expectations, and now the rumors of the top QB transfer and former 5* recruit Caleb Williams being courted and seriously entertaining the idea, and I am wondering if we are about to see Wisconsin enter the modern age of offensive football.

TL/DR - I think there is evidence that Wisconsin could be moving to a modern offense, which could be part of the sell to Williams.
Maybe. I lean toward the driver here being that Wiscy shadow booster(s) stepped up with a package that even USC is struggling to beat. But it could be both.

Maybe. I lean toward the driver here being that Wiscy shadow booster(s) stepped up with a package that even USC is struggling to beat. But it could be both.
I think that’s part of it, but just a wildly stupid move on CW’s part if they plan to use him like every other QB they’ve ever had

Jarek Brousard was out for like 2 years due to his injury. CU stood by him. Then gave him a chance for about 2 seasons to be the guy. CU could have cut him and gone with the younger guy. But we didn't. Then he stabs us in the back and goes to Michigan State. College football is changing. There is no more loyalty. I fear coaches will no longer hesitate to pull scholarships.

Jarek Brousard was out for like 2 years due to his injury. CU stood by him. Then gave him a chance for about 2 seasons to be the guy. CU could have cut him and gone with the younger guy. But we didn't. Then he stabs us in the back and goes to Michigan State. College football is changing. There is no more loyalty. I fear coaches will no longer hesitate to pull scholarships.
As they shouldn’t. It’s a mercenary sport now.

And he would likely still be the starter in a run heavy offense with designs around him. I like Brou, wish him luck, he was not a Tucker recruit, but not thrilled with his destination

The Broussard transfer still doesn’t make sense to me unless he’s just getting more money right now and that’s the most important factor. He’s a very undersized back with a bad history of knee injuries. He’s a graduate transfer with 1,500 career yards, 1/5th of which came in a single game against a truly terrible team. If Broussard is trying to make it to the nfl, what he needs most is to continue to prove himself as a workhorse whose injuries are behind him. Yet, he’s stepping into a program that is returning their leading rushers from 2019 and 2020 (different guys who are not Walker), two other four star running backs, and another highly sought after transfer.

Rice can go to USC, be a JAG, average 30 receptions and 300 receiving yards for the next two years, and still get drafted in the later rounds because he has the measurables. Broussard does not have that luxury, he needs touches more than anything.

The Broussard transfer still doesn’t make sense to me unless he’s just getting more money right now and that’s the most important factor. He’s a very undersized back with a bad history of knee injuries. He’s a graduate transfer with 1,500 career yards, 1/5th of which came in a single game against a truly terrible team. If Broussard is trying to make it to the nfl, what he needs most is to continue to prove himself as a workhorse whose injuries are behind him. Yet, he’s stepping into a program that is returning their leading rushers from 2019 and 2020 (different guys who are not Walker), two other four star running backs, and another highly sought after transfer.

Rice can go to USC, be a JAG, average 30 receptions and 300 receiving yards for the next two years, and still get drafted in the later rounds because he has the measurables. Broussard does not have that luxury, he needs touches more than anything.
Maybe he just wants to play for a winning team and get free graduate school.

He’s not getting drafted regardless. He might be a Phil Lindsay type and go as an UDFA but the NFL doesn’t draft tiny RBs that aren’t special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back