What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just be clear though. His transfer out of CU wasn't a mistake. Transferring to USC at this time could end up being one.
Transferring from (almost) the worst offense in CFA is an easy choice to make, but grass is always greener, as the saying goes. I’ll be interested to see how the numbers break down after this tidal wave of transfers flows through the system, how many players truly improved their situations?
I bet the players at the higher end may do well for themselves, and most of the rest won’t have improved.

I think I've seen this somewhere in Allbuffs, but can't find it. (In any case, looks like he's visited Boulder now.)

SMU WR in the portal.

I think I've seen this somewhere in Allbuffs, but can't find it. (In any case, looks like he's visited Boulder now.)

SMU WR in the portal.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

SMU WR in the portal.

One of the top return guys in college football last year.

I'd prefer an OL, of course, but he does make us better. He'll help with field position and as a reliable outlet receiver from the slot.

I'd prefer an OL, of course, but he does make us better. He'll help with field position and as a reliable outlet receiver from the slot.
I will be ecstatic to get any proven players who want to come. Sure, we need--at least--one more OL, but the hope for a reasonable offense this year seems to rest--in large part--on the idea that the light has gone on for Arias, or that some other WR with fewer than 20 career catches is going to look all-conference this year. As I understand it, we only have one scholarship left open, but I have a hard time believing we can't figure something out during this insane year of transfers.

I will be ecstatic to get any proven players who want to come. Sure, we need--at least--one more OL, but the hope for a reasonable offense this year seems to rest--in large part--on the idea that the light has gone on for Arias, or that some other WR with fewer than 20 career catches is going to look all-conference this year. As I understand it, we only have one scholarship left open, but I have a hard time believing we can't figure something out during this insane year of transfers.
If we don't drastically improve the protection that the QB gets (any QB btw), having hall-of-fame receivers line up for the Buffs will make zero difference. Zero.

If we don't drastically improve the protection that the QB gets (any QB btw), having hall-of-fame receivers line up for the Buffs will make zero difference. Zero.
The point was not one of mutual exclusion, but rather that we NEED both. As a matter of priority, I will always agree solidify the LINES first.

The point was not one of mutual exclusion, but rather that we NEED both. As a matter of priority, I will always agree solidify the LINES first.
As a matter of point, I'd take OL with every available pick we have, before even considering a WR. We need all kinds of help before we have a workable OL with depth.

Doesnt the RB transfer in leaving open up another scholarship?

Ô
As a matter of point, I'd take OL with every available pick we have, before even considering a WR. We need all kinds of help before we have a workable OL with depth.
There is balance in all things FB. Without any real WR threats, the defense walks up 8 or 9 players within 10 yards of the LOS. We’ve seen that a ton over the past years. No way we can hope to field an OL (no matter how many we bring in) capable of overcoming stacked boxes on every down, game after game, with no passing game relief.

I agree fully, especially at the tackle position. The depth there is beyond awfull.

From what I have read though, there are not enough P5 olineman in the portal. They brought in a transfer JUCO and transfer from Arizona who I'd be surprised ever play any meaningful downs in their career at CU, unless its because of injuries.

I'd rather they bring in a player for a year who can contribute (punt returns and slot) than another tackle/guard who flat out isn't ready for P5 football or isn't a P5 talent.

Ô

There is balance in all things FB. Without any real WR threats, the defense walks up 8 or 9 players within 10 yards of the LOS. We’ve seen that a ton over the past years. No way we can hope to field an OL (no matter how many we bring in) capable of overcoming stacked boxes on every down, game after game, with no passing game relief.
Thanks for the football lesson!

The passing game can look incredibly competent when there's a competent offensive coordinator AND just an average QB and average receivers, IF the OL can hold up and give the QB some time. Without that, makes zero ****s.

Thanks for the football lesson!

The passing game can look incredibly competent when there's a competent offensive coordinator AND just an average QB and average receivers, IF the OL can hold up and give the QB some time. Without that, makes zero ****s.
I’m sorry for upsetting you by stating my perspective on CU football. I’ll endeavor to mitigate my—apparently—condescending language and give proper deference to canon going forward.

App State! Even this nobody sees the joke that Kardboard is. Burn it to the ground.

Ô

I think Bernard Jackson as well as the 2001 Fiesta Bowl team beg to differ. :confused:

CU gonna be a pathetic mess, a shell of its formal self, a continued laughing stock in the college football world, and in jeopardy of being completely wiped off the map in the future of college football realignment.
FIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back