What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
All they can do is judge players based off last season and perception.

Jordan Addison won the Biletnikoff...sure...he's not the best receiver on that team.
True.
I still think that a great decision for BRice would have been CSU. Norvell is going to put a pretty stout offense on the field and Rice would have been a standout from day one. The League will know about him anyway but putting up big numbers in college wouldn't hurt....Just hate to see talented college guys make weird decisions. Rice has made two in a row.

True.
I still think that a great decision for BRice would have been CSU. Norvell is going to put a pretty stout offense on the field and Rice would have been a standout from day one. The League will know about him anyway but putting up big numbers in college wouldn't hurt....Just hate to see talented college guys make weird decisions. Rice has made two in a row.
Hey ! Laugh all you want to guys. I'm just trying to give the guy a snowball's chance in hell of getting drafted.

Hey ! Laugh all you want to guys. I'm just trying to give the guy a snowball's chance in hell of getting drafted.
I think nfl scouts are smart enough to figure out who he is and what he can do regardless of whether he plays at usc or csu. He clearly wants to play P5 football and is talented enough to do it.

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

idk how, but CFB probably needs some parity rules. No idea how it'd get implemented, but I wouldn't be surprised if even the big schools get annoyed with their 2nd team players up and ditching every year. Or having to re-recruit their own players every offseason because some other team secured a donor to park a brinks truck on some kid's doorstep

idk how, but CFB probably needs some parity rules. No idea how it'd get implemented, but I wouldn't be surprised if even the big schools get annoyed with their 2nd team players up and ditching every year. Or having to re-recruit their own players every offseason because some other team secured a donor to park a brinks truck on some kid's doorstep
When have big schools ever supported parity rules in college football?

When have big schools ever supported parity rules in college football?

Well they've generally at least allowed them, have they not? Transfers used to sit out for a year thus penalizing transferring. Conference payouts used to be or are equal despite everyone knowing Northwestern isn't the value a Michigan is.

That's why I say I'm guessing they are tired of dealing with this, I mean does Nick Saban seem like he's loving the recent changes with CFB? I have no doubt they'd have to make it work for them and don't really care about a Colorado, but for the health of the sport it seems likely that the wild west will at least have a few rules implemented eventually.

But I'm also pretty off base when it comes to prognosticating the future of CFB lately so idk

Well they've generally at least allowed them, have they not? Transfers used to sit out for a year thus penalizing transferring. Conference payouts used to be or are equal despite everyone knowing Northwestern isn't the value a Michigan is.

That's why I say I'm guessing they are tired of dealing with this, I mean does Nick Saban seem like he's loving the recent changes with CFB? I have no doubt they'd have to make it work for them and don't really care about a Colorado, but for the health of the sport it seems likely that the wild west will at least have a few rules implemented eventually.

But I'm also pretty off base when it comes to prognosticating the future of CFB lately so idk
Not really.

Big programs are the ones who have always paid players - even when it was against the rules.
Big programs are the ones who started the practice of over-signing classes.
Big programs are the ones who built mega stadia to increase their higher game day take.
Big programs are the ones who created the “analyst” position to circumvent coaching limits.
Big programs have demanded unequal payouts on TV revenues, licensing deals, bowl appearances, and TV time slots.
Big programs are the ones who pioneered the recruiting schemes we see now using interns and low-tier wannabe coaches.

Big programs have always reveled in their built in advantages. They’ve worked to make those advantages even sturdier. They see other programs as pawns, not equals. They don’t even care about the health of the sport. They only care if they can secure more revenue and get more glory.

Not really.

Big programs are the ones who have always paid players - even when it was against the rules.
Big programs are the ones who built mega stadia to increase their higher game day take.
Big programs are the ones who created the “analyst” position to circumvent coaching limits.
Big programs have demanded unequal payouts on TV revenues, licensing deals, bowl appearances, and TV time slots.
Big programs are the ones who pioneered the recruiting schemes we see now using interns and low-tier wannabe coaches.

Big programs have always reveled in their built in advantages. They’ve worked to make those advantages even sturdier. They see other programs as pawns, not equals. They don’t even care about the health of the sport. They only care if they can secure more revenue and get more glory.
All true.

Now though they have dropped all pretense of fair competition. Now they don't have to pretend they aren't paying players, or that they care about their fellow conference members, or that they care if a player gets any kind of education, or that they care about the health of college football overall.

Now it is just a big open book free for all without having to figure out how to effectively cheat because there is no cheating, there is just pay money and make much more money.

CU Boulder has a $2.1 billion budget next year. Revenue from the AD is significant for a university, but barely so.

The value of the AD is with alumni & donor engagement and with marketing to prospective students. Possibly there's the potential for research partnerships, but I've been told by professors that the sports conference is irrelevant to that (they do see the benefit of making it easier to fill their student slots in their department if CU gets a lot of exposure, but that's it for them other than fan type considerations which fall outside their professional considerations).

That's what will drive CU's conference decision.

The most important thing Kliavkoff can say on Friday to make the presidents & chancellors (his bosses) happy is that he is expanding Pac-12 distribution to reach more people and expanding membership/footprint in a way that maintains conference prestige.

Revenue is important, but not for the reasons we are focused upon. Revenue is important to avoid member ADs running debt and/or having to cause a prestige loss by cutting non-revenue sports.

Not really.

Which is funny because it’s not like it necessarily benefits one specific person. Sure, there are now $10m/year coaches, but that’s peanuts compared to the revenue the programs bring in. The ADs make even less. The boosters get treated well but don’t see a monetary ROI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back