What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

Hasn’t it already been announced that it’s in Tempe?
It hasn't been announced or finalized at all. I think Coach Prime leaked it early being strategic about the stage he had. No one officially confirming and I don't think the Pac releases the conference schedule until April.

It better be in Glendale then. The Pac12 isn't doing this for a 10pm ET kickoff... They aren't still that dumb right?
Henry The Worst Yes GIF by Studios 2016

Nub/NW didnt play at 10pm EST though
Why would the CU-ASU be at that time when there's little competition that day? Could be if the network determines that's the most valuable slot, but could easily end up as the 7pm ET / 4pm PT, for example, or something else.

what advantage would we have on tcu? IMO this gives us the oppty to work out 1st game kinks against another program who will be doing the same. With max exposure
I'd rather work out kinks against a non-conf opponent

Why would the CU-ASU be at that time when there's little competition that day? Could be if the network determines that's the most valuable slot, but could easily end up as the 7pm ET / 4pm PT, for example, or something else.
CU vs ASU would be that late if it's outdoors at Sun Devil Stadium...

It hasn't been announced or finalized at all. I think Coach Prime leaked it early being strategic about the stage he had. No one officially confirming and I don't think the Pac releases the conference schedule until April.
Correction. I guess the P12 schedule announcement is actually delayed.

DID ANYONE STOP TO CONSIDER HE WAS MAKING A ****ING JOKE?! Holy hell. This was the national championship game, before anyone knew the outcome, they were talking about TCU. They said that he would open with TCU next season. He made a comment implying he doesn't want to open at TCU because they are good, and would rather have ASU because they aren't as good. Changing football schedules this late in the process is pretty difficult to do.

They have. I tape on us. We can obv speculate what we think the offense and defense will be but we’re not sure. They’ll get a full games tape of it. That’s huge
You're overthinking this. I haven't seen anything on a portal QB heading to TCU-so I would think Chandler Morris is the leader in the clubhouse right now to start for them. If I'm wrong, correct me. I don't know about you guys-but I wasn't wowed by him in the first half last year. Two, TCU's likely to bring back both coordinators. The college carousel is over barring somebody like Lincoln Riley wanting to try his hand at the NFL or a late retirement. Three, any game we play is big from an attention standpoint next year. In terms of how important TCU is to the success of the season overall.......we need a bowl-which makes Nebraska, CSU, both Arizona games, WSU. Stanford, and Oregon State more important.

DID ANYONE STOP TO CONSIDER HE WAS MAKING A ****ING JOKE?! Holy hell. This was the national championship game, before anyone knew the outcome, they were talking about TCU. They said that he would open with TCU next season. He made a comment implying he doesn't want to open at TCU because they are good, and would rather have ASU because they aren't as good. Changing football schedules this late in the process is pretty difficult to do.
He may have been. But numerous “sources” coming out and saying the same thing.

Not really. COVID showed that. How you guys have forgotten the San Diego State game that year (which I think was arranged on 48 hours notice).

Week 0 (especially with the joke that the NFL preseason is) should be more of a priority in CFB.

All I've found so far on the Week 0 schedule so far is USC vs SJSU and Vanderbilt vs Hawai’i. Any others?

Maybe they'll move the game to Glendale.
That would solve the issue of asking ASU to give up a home game, since a move to Glendale is essentially an ASU home game and it solves the heat problem, which honestly is more an issue for traveling Buff fans than it is for the Sun Devil faithful.

That would solve the issue of asking ASU to give up a home game, since a move to Glendale is essentially an ASU home game and it solves the heat problem, which honestly is more an issue for traveling Buff fans than it is for the Sun Devil faithful.
Having lived in the Phoenix metro, my experience was that locals did everything they could to avoid being outdoors when it was 110+. You don't acclimate to that type of heat - you adjust how you live to avoid it (like doing your daily walk or jog at 4:30am).

Having lived in the Phoenix metro, my experience was that locals did everything they could to avoid being outdoors when it was 110+. You don't acclimate to that type of heat - you adjust how you live to avoid it (like doing your daily walk or jog at 4:30am).
At 8:00 PM in Tempe in late August it will likely be in the mid to high 90s. The problem is late Aug is in the second half of Monsoon Season so the humidity will be a very atypical 50-65%. Not good. I was in Tempe at a night Buff game in early Sept way back when and the ASU fans were relatively happy while the 3 rows or so of CU fans were fidgeting and sweating up a storm. None of us had ever been so hot in the dark of night.

But yeah, 110+ is a total non-starter and folks up there just plan around it. Just one more reason to live in Tucson and not Phoenix metro. That little difference in elevation of 1,000’ can make 5-8 degrees difference in the daily high at certain times of the year. I don’t much like going outside when it’s over 105 but here in Tucson there really aren’t tons of days like that.

Theoretical Devil’s Avocacy: What’s in it for ASU to give up a home game in the PHX area? Why do we assume that the attendance would be any bigger in LV than in Tempe? Why do we assume that a big TV deal for this theoretical game will materialize? I get that Coach Prime plays the media like a true master, but some of this stuff seems like a stretch….Carry on.

The national audience you speak of won’t be much outside of asu and cu fans. You’ll have the eyes interested in Deion sure but it won’t be half what it would have been playing TCU fresh off the national championship game. Make it oregon or usc sure. No one gives a **** about Arizona state. The money it makes by having it a “pac12” broadcast isn’t worth it imo. Not to mention our biggest advantage going in to TCU is no one knows what to expect. We’re losing that right away
Yeah Deion's the reason people will watch.

Week 0's typically the 3rd week of the NFL preseason-Your everyday football fan wants games that involve 1s v 1s.

There's no way this is not a good idea, but keep talking out of your ass.

Back