What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

No AFA. It’s just such a terrible idea. It serves no purpose. We may have the talent and coaching to handle them going forward, but it’s just a dumb game
It keeps us in state for a game, it's an easy roadie, and it looks better on the resume than CSU. Also their fans arent nearly as annoying.

Preach. I love seeing Colgate on our future schedules. We need 1 of those every year at Folsom.
I think that with the move toward "Super Conferences," and big TV deals, those games go away. TV needs big matchups to make more money and the way to do that is to force these conferences to play each other.

It wouldn't surprise me to see that game get cancelled.

I think that with the move toward "Super Conferences," and big TV deals, those games go away. TV needs big matchups to make more money and the way to do that is to force these conferences to play each other.

It wouldn't surprise me to see that game get cancelled.
I agree it's coming, but not that soon. Currently, we are seeing B1G schools buying out non-conference P5 matchups because it's all about making the 12-team playoff in the near term. Better to bank a win and avoid fatigue from over scheduling within this setup.

I like this! RG gonna make it so we get 7 home games per year like anyone trying to win. Finally!

“I think it gives us an opportunity to do is create more home contests here because we may go out and look for opponents that are just going to play in Boulder one year,” George said. “So rather than having six games, we'll have seven, which again, helps us in revenue generation, for our department,”

I like this! RG gonna make it so we get 7 home games per year like anyone trying to win. Finally!

“I think it gives us an opportunity to do is create more home contests here because we may go out and look for opponents that are just going to play in Boulder one year,” George said. “So rather than having six games, we'll have seven, which again, helps us in revenue generation, for our department,”

More G5 and FCS opponents. Ideally, with 9 con games I want an OOC schedule that is CSU, Nebraska and FCS. With 8 conference games, I want maybe another G5 scheduled in mid November

More G5 and FCS opponents. Ideally, with 9 con games I want an OOC schedule that is CSU, Nebraska and FCS. With 8 conference games, I want maybe another G5 scheduled in mid November
I’d rotate “rivalry” (Nubs and CSU) games every year, one game with a Cali school (assuming no Cali schools join the Big12), and one FCS school (substitute a P5 school when the Cali school is FCS that year).

I’d rotate “rivalry” (Nubs and CSU) games every year, one game with a Cali school (assuming no Cali schools join the Big12), and one FCS school (substitute a P5 school when the Cali school is FCS that year).
I just think they need Nebraska on the schedule every year. It'd be part of the pitch to the B1G at some point where Colorado can bring a marquee game to that league and at current, Nebraska is the only opponent*** that would consistently bring that for them.

***Prime led CU playing another marquee type of program like LSU, FSU, Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, etc would also do it, but none of those are getting on CU's schedule anytime soon.

Nebraska also is a similar level program, competitively, and would still give CU the opportunity to go undefeated in OOC in a given year.

I just think they need Nebraska on the schedule every year. It'd be part of the pitch to the B1G at some point where Colorado can bring a marquee game to that league and at current, Nebraska is the only opponent*** that would consistently bring that for them.

***Prime led CU playing another marquee type of program like LSU, FSU, Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, etc would also do it, but none of those are getting on CU's schedule anytime soon.

Nebraska also is a similar level program, competitively, and would still give CU the opportunity to go undefeated in OOC in a given year.
I think you have to play a little hard to get, or else the B1G gets that game every year, regardless of our conference status. That, and I think it’s also overkill to play CSU every year.

I think you have to play a little hard to get, or else the B1G gets that game every year, regardless of our conference status. That, and I think it’s also overkill to play CSU every year.
Or ESPN, who has majority rights with the Big 12, gets that game but I understand your point.

Re CSU... To me, it generates hype in a state that desperately needs CFB excitement for the long term benefit of both programs. Also, at this point, it's a body bag game for CU and no matter how they structure the matchups, it keeps them in-state. So in this new scheduling format where CU would have 7 home games in a given year, even if they went to Fort Collins, they could end up having 8 games in the state.

I'd be fine with rotating CSU and Wyoming (I'm already outspoken about not wanting AFA on the schedule) in this manner as it would accomplish the same thing.

Or ESPN, who has majority rights with the Big 12, gets that game but I understand your point.

Re CSU... To me, it generates hype in a state that desperately needs CFB excitement for the long term benefit of both programs. Also, at this point, it's a body bag game for CU and no matter how they structure the matchups, it keeps them in-state. So in this new scheduling format where CU would have 7 home games in a given year, even if they went to Fort Collins, they could end up having 8 games in the state.

I'd be fine with rotating CSU and Wyoming (I'm already outspoken about not wanting AFA on the schedule) in this manner as it would accomplish the same thing.
Also UNM. Low travel cost to cover and I don't think they could command a home & home since they would lose money on the appearance fee CU would require.

Marquee game? NU is the dregs of B10 football. I prefer to cut them adrift.

In fact, I would bet that CU vs Nebraska would out rate about half the B1G conference games that don’t include tOSU, UM and PSU (and now USC). Maybe some combination of Wisconsin, Iowa and MSU

And this is why playing Nebraska & CSU every year plus a body bag home game each year makes so much sense for CU scheduling if it's all about fan engagement & drawing ratings as we move forward.

Okay, Boomer. Let’s make our scheduling decisions based on an OK “media personality” who tweets once a year.

Okay, Boomer. Let’s make our scheduling decisions based on an OK “media personality” who tweets once a year.
Do you disagree that they're both top 20 non-conference rivalries which draw excellent numbers for broadcast ratings, ticket sales and fan engagement?

And this is why playing Nebraska & CSU every year plus a body bag home game each year makes so much sense for CU scheduling if it's all about fan engagement & drawing ratings as we move forward.

I feel as though to be a 'rivalry', there should be a game actually scheduled between the two schools at some point in the next decade (ND / Mich). 29 years between games?!?!?! come on, that's not a rivalry

Back