What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

Do you disagree that they're both top 20 non-conference rivalries which draw excellent numbers for broadcast ratings, ticket sales and fan engagement?
Yes - I don’t think anyone cares about CU vs CSU outside of the state and alumni. I’ve already stated that id like to rotate our “rivalry” games and play a Cali school every year (plus a body bag game).

If AllBuffs was a business driven by profit motive and site traffic, there would be a significantly increased focus on CU-CSU games and CSU hate.
And if we were one of the largest states / alumni networks, that would move the needle.

The only thing about the RMS that needed to change was the neutral site. If CU can schedule it as a 2 for 1, it should be done. I'd even be fine with it rotating back and forth every year. It would give 8 games in the state of Colorado every other year. I'll never understand the disdain for the matchup itself.

If AllBuffs was a business driven by profit motive and site traffic, there would be a significantly increased focus on CU-CSU games and CSU hate.

There is a lot of CSU ambivalence, probably more so than hate. Especially the 49% of CU alum that are from out of state.

The only thing about the RMS that needed to change was the neutral site. If CU can schedule it as a 2 for 1, it should be done. I'd even be fine with it rotating back and forth every year. It would give 8 games in the state of Colorado every other year. I'll never understand the disdain for the matchup itself.
Opportunity cost. Say we play CSU, Nubs, and an FCS school every year, that only leaves the CFP playoff to play other P5 teams. That’s neglecting your out of state alumni and failing to reach new audiences.

Yep. CSU game belongs on permanent moth balls.
This I actually agree with you on. I hate that game. Perfectly fine watching this year and next on TV. If you like it......more power to you. I don't care for it and it can't happen every year.

Random thoughts I have on the OOC-
1. I'm not going to be shocked if I hear about more games with UCLA soon. That makes too much sense. We're a fairly easy trip for their fans compared to Auburn or Georgia (both of whom they have on their schedule), and we need the California exposure now.
2. Do the SMU and North Texas series go away? I mean I don't think we need to be playing a boatload of Texas schools OOC-I'm sure the XII will have us down there 1-2 times a year.
3. Somebody brought up New Mexico in this thread-they have an opening in 2026 according to fbschedules.com. Hawaii also does in 2026-28, but there is no ****ing way I'd do anything more than a game or two in Boulder with them. We don't need to go out there.
4. On FCS games-I really don't give a rat's ass where the cupcake is from. If I can get Northern Colorado to come down for 300-350k and 1k extra tickets (or something like that), I'm doing that over anything. Those games are all about the cheapest deal a school at that level will come play you for, not the geography.
5. Air Force isn't happening right now-they're pretty well booked, and they have a formula they stick to. One cupcake, Army, Navy, and one big name team. CSU has 2-3 power teams on their OOC already in the years we're looking for games. They're likely not either. Wyoming's booked fairly solidly through most of this decade.

Last edited:
Personally I think the biggest issue with the match-up since 2000 was the idea that it should be annual. It was fun at the beginning of the Mile High era when both schools were good and it was a novelty.

Bring them to Folsom once every four years so each generation can say they played. Treat little brother like an FCS and give them a share of the take as incentive or worst case alternate Folsom and the Broncos stadium as a neutral on opposing matchups. Doing the game at Mile High (future stadium) once a decade or so would make it far more appealing to a wider audience.

When this is a yearly game on or around labor day weekend it is far too easy to give away tickets or just toss them and make other plans for the casual fan because there are loads of other options and there is the 'went last year' 'will go next year' excuse.
If you are going to potentially miss the nostalgic beatdown at Folsom for another eight years if you don't see that game it becomes a must see.

Opportunity cost. Say we play CSU, Nubs, and an FCS school every year, that only leaves the CFP playoff to play other P5 teams. That’s neglecting your out of state alumni and failing to reach new audiences.
true, but only if your conference insists on playing 9 conference games/year

Starting to think about that 2024 schedule in the Big 12. It's going to have to be five home and four away because we got two OOC road games at Nebraska & CSU. I'll have a wild guess about CU's 2024 Big 12 schedule.

Home games:

BYU
Baylor
ASU
WVU
OSU

Away games:

UCF
KSU
Houston
Arizona

Why no Utah? I think the Big 12 might be planning to give the Utes the hardest and undesirable schedule. They probably will go to West Virigina, UCF, and play Cincy in addition to BYU. I hope they go to Stillwater and Manhattan too.

And it would be a surprise if ASU doesn't go to Morgantown.

I just took the over 3.5 Wins for $250 to win $300. I understand the schedule is difficult. I also think CU is going to score a lot more points than last year.

If some one is kicked off a team would transfer rules still apply? Also why is this in the schedule thread?

Last edited:
I'm wondering when they will announce the TV & times for @Oregon and USC. Still sitting on my Welcome Back To Sling TV offer for half price on a sub. Right now with the CSU game being on ESPN, I only need the package with ESPN which would just cost me about $20ish.

I'm wondering when they will announce the TV & times for @Oregon and USC. Still sitting on my Welcome Back To Sling TV offer for half price on a sub. Right now with the CSU game being on ESPN, I only need the package with ESPN which would just cost me about $20ish.

I'm guessing those 2 will be 12 days out when the networks make their decisions

Back