What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

The problem is that the ticket prices have surpassed what people are willing to pay based solely on hype. I had a $150 deposit in for season tickets but didn't end up getting them, so this morning I'm trying to exchange that deposit for a pair of single game tickets. For $150 I'd assume I could at least get a couple of tickets to Oregon State or Stanford, but nope. Cheapest seats to Oregon State are $103 each. Stanford was about $130. CSU $165. Nebraska was over $250 each.

I ended up deciding to just have them refund me my deposit. I'd love to get up and see a game and enjoy all the extra excitement around this season, but I'm not going to drop $250 with parking and food, etc to see CU and Oregon State. If they don't take the prices down significantly I'd imagine we'll end up seeing some game package deals arriving in the not too distant future, and if that happens I'll jump in on one of those instead.
Yeah, they might have overestimated the demand a little bit with the ticket prices, although, they will eventually sell out every game I imagine.

Yeah, they might have overestimated the demand a little bit with the ticket prices, although, they will eventually sell out every game I imagine.
The guy I talked to at the CU ticket office said that they use automated dynamic ticket pricing to define prices, which is why the prices have gone up so much. I just don't think the software is equipped to respond appropriately to a situation like what we've had, and hopefully it responds appropriately to demand suddenly drying up.
Season tickets just sold out for the first time in almost 30 years with a miles long waitlist to boot, but just because a ton of people want to buy season tickets at the equivalent of $40 per game doesn't mean that there's a substantial (or really, any) pool of people who would line up to pay 4x that much to see a single game.

Give me a break. New to posting. Pastrami on rye? The problem that I had with the Season Ticket holder , single game purchase last week was that when I finally made it through the queue, The website locked me out. There was a ticket purchase option from $175 to $880 for the Cornholer game. My CU friends agreed to $175. After I was kicked out of website I had to call the ticket office. After 1 hour of waiting on hold, I was told the cheapest ticket was now $330. (Upper south stands). The rep called the raise in price “Dynamic Pricing “. The athletic department knows that CU fans are not as crazed as Nuhbraska fans in regards to ticket buying. The AD is willing to put more red clad farmers in the seats at the cost of the almighty dollar while making our fan base look weak. I declined the purchase at the $330 figure. Friends agreed with me.

Dynamic pricing is industry standard and CU would be leaving substantial profit on the table by not using it. If prices are rising that dramatically, it means inventory is moving rapidly. There are only 2-3 main dynamic pricing tools and this is very likely the same one used by the Nuggets and Avs. The big leagues are pay to play.

Dynamic pricing is industry standard and CU would be leaving substantial profit on the table by not using it. If prices are rising that dramatically, it means inventory is moving rapidly. There are only 2-3 main dynamic pricing tools and this is very likely the same one used by the Nuggets and Avs. The big leagues are pay to play.
But the inventory they're selling is entirely different at this point. They haven't actually sold any single game tickets as of yet. They're basing single game prices on season ticket demand.

But the inventory they're selling is entirely different at this point. They haven't actually sold any single game tickets as of yet. They're basing single game prices on season ticket demand.
If they're utilizing a dynamic pricing tool as indicated, they are basing single game prices on a multitude of factors that season ticket demand is a part of. We are not the first team to have a dramatic & sudden rise in demand.

If they're utilizing a dynamic pricing tool as indicated, they are basing single game prices on a multitude of factors that season ticket demand is a part of. We are not the first team to have a dramatic & sudden rise in demand.
I'm all for revenue maximization. I can say that had I not already had money in the kitty, I would have balked at the ticket prices for NU and USC. As it is, I bought some tickets, but not nearly as many games as I would have if the prices would have been what I had anticipated. I will take my chances on the dynamics of the secondary market getting me cheaper prices for the latter games.

I'm all for revenue maximization. I can say that had I not already had money in the kitty, I would have balked at the ticket prices for NU and USC. As it is, I bought some tickets, but not nearly as many games as I would have if the prices would have been what I had anticipated. I will take my chances on the dynamics of the secondary market getting me cheaper prices for the latter games.
Totally fair and those who balk may very well end up getting a better deal, but that’s the risk they’re willing to take. I just don’t think they’ll have any issue selling those tickets to Buffs fans.

Edit: Misread response first time

Last edited:
Season tickets just sold out for the first time in almost 30 years with a miles long waitlist to boot, but just because a ton of people want to buy season tickets at the equivalent of $40 per game doesn't mean that there's a substantial (or really, any) pool of people who would line up to pay 4x that much to see a single game.

Season tickets haven't been $40/game since Fred Folsom mowed the grass on Folsom Field. The single game tickets are less expensive than the equivalent season ticket except for maybe the NU game.

Season tickets haven't been $40/game since Fred Folsom mowed the grass on Folsom Field. The single game tickets are less expensive than the equivalent season ticket except for maybe the NU game.
My season tickets were $325 including fees. That comes out to about $55 per game.

I bought the cheapest available single game tickets for NU and CSU for some friends last week. They came out to $210 each for NU and $99 each for CSU.

So, for an extra $16 I get tickets to the other 4 PAC12 game. Single game tickets from the box office are not going to be cheaper than season tickets this year like in years past.

It sucks that ticket prices are pricing out a lot of CU fans. I kept my season tickets hoping that one day my priority points would pay off and they certainly did this year.

If Prime gets this thing rolling like a lot of us hope he will, ticket prices aren't going down anytime soon and the season ticket wait list isn't going to get any shorter. Anyone who wants tickets in the future better start accruing priority points now. Buy MBB tickets, the women's shorts pass, or simply donate.

ESPN Analytics at this time are based mostly on last year's results and returning production. I'm actually surprised it wasn't 100% TCU.
Fair point, Nik.

I suppose I’m more curious as to what the final percentage/point spread will be come august.

I’ve never really gambled, but, I may put a few Washington’s on this spread as it stands.

I think the momentum has swung CU’s way.

Two years ago my season tickets were $120 (maybe $130?) per seat. Last year they jacked up the price to $300(?), and i dumped them since I couldn't justify paying more money for a crappier product. This year it was a no brainer to buy them again, luckily the AD bridged my season tickets almost like the 1-11 year didn't even count!

They aren't great seats, but I have never actually sat in those seats before. I am guessing this year there will be no moving around.

Apparently they have a clue at the CU ticket office.

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by Carolina Hurricanes

Apparently they have a clue at the CU ticket office.

It’s surprising to me that we’ve never sold that many in a day before. I mean, that’s essentially 20% of the stadium for a single game. About 3.5% of the total capacity across all 6 home games.

The record’s nice, but let’s not pretend that the record was some insanely high number to begin with. I may end up being wrong, but I still feel pretty confident I’ll be able to get into a late season game for $60 or $70 per seat.

I still feel pretty confident I’ll be able to get into a late season game for $60 or $70 per seat.

I bought tickets to OSU game as I believe it will be the game CU becomes bowl eligible. If not OSU then Arizona. The late season tickets will be the most expensive except for the NU game as CU fans want to be there to see that 6th win.

I bought tickets to OSU game as I believe it will be the game CU becomes bowl eligible. If not OSU then Arizona. The late season tickets will be the most expensive except for the NU game as CU fans want to be there to see that 6th win.
No Way What GIF

It’s surprising to me that we’ve never sold that many in a day before. I mean, that’s essentially 20% of the stadium for a single game. About 3.5% of the total capacity across all 6 home games.

The record’s nice, but let’s not pretend that the record was some insanely high number to begin with. I may end up being wrong, but I still feel pretty confident I’ll be able to get into a late season game for $60 or $70 per seat.
The percentage is a lot higher when you remove season tickets, student tickets and away team allotments. Plus, it’s 1 day.. in May.. after a 1-11 season.

Back