What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 MBB Recruit Profile Index

Regardless of other peoples inability to see what Tad’s trying to do with CU’s elite development program, I luv that Quincy, Luke & Bobbi Klintman can all play 2-guard spot. Even if they’re all more natural 3s. Tad used to recruit Javon & Mack-types to start at 2 and play at 3-in small-ball line-ups. Now he’s actually getting the type of 2-guard/shooters who can defend and Rbd 3-spot more effectively than is probably fair to ask of Javon-types. But Tad will keep giving big guards chance to show they can defend 3s.
In short...we long as hell

Good to hear CU coaches putting in the time with Fall & Diop in South Carolina (see below):

Feels like our best chances are w/ Diop & Ndongo. But I really hope CU doesn't let Normand & Betts get away- I love all 4 of those kid's games & team-1st attitude.

I'm curious if CU expands '23 guard search beyond eventual offers to Christian Hammond (who I'm very impressed with as a solid point-guard & team-first scorer) & Sebastian Mack (equally impressive as Javon Ruffin-type big combo guard) to:
Frederick Dilione, Darius Carr, Brooklyn Hicks, Tru Washington, T'Johnn Brown, Jaland Lowe, TJ Ford, or Jason Fontenet- who are some of my Fav '23 guards!
https://twitter.com/FontenetJason
https://twitter.com/brooklynhickss

CU still seems to be to be in consideration for Normand, with his end of summer decision, even with him blowing up:

https://247sports.com/Article/Baske...McFarland-Wyoming-Washington-State-188989665/

Tad found his ‘23 big? Love his fit as elite shoot-blocker next to Lawson & Hurlburt:

https://247sports.com/Article/Baske...McFarland-Wyoming-Washington-State-188989665/

I would honestly be comfortable with our 3 6’10 recruits- Ndongo, Diop, and Betts- holding down the frontcourt, even if Ndongo probably only long-term fit as Big at 4 spot.

Fall, Isaiah Manning, Osiris Gradey still strong D-first options (Ndobgo elite D too). But curious if Tad goes all-in on McFarland/ True Big vs next offers to Gradey or Betts?

Should I be bummed if the Buffs don't land any of the following CO based ballers in 23' Fall, Diop, Betts, Ndongo, Booth (just moved to Brewster but was a Creek player), and Hammond (creek player, Julian's little bro but transferred to Southern California Academy)?

I know Booth's got Minnesota connections with sister and Penn State with dad. I know Diop, Fall, and Ndongo just moved here within the last 4-5 years from Senegal so they might not have a true CO connection.

I was optimistic with Betts and Hammond though. This is truly the best high school talent Colorado has produced since I can remember and Tad usually does yoeman's work on keeping the top players in state.

Should I be bummed if the Buffs don't land any of the following CO based ballers in 23' Fall, Diop, Betts, Ndongo, Booth (just moved to Brewster but was a Creek player), and Hammond (creek player, Julian's little bro but transferred to Southern California Academy)?

I know Booth's got Minnesota connections with sister and Penn State with dad. I know Diop, Fall, and Ndongo just moved here within the last 4-5 years from Senegal so they might not have a true CO connection.

I was optimistic with Betts and Hammond though. This is truly the best high school talent Colorado has produced since I can remember and Tad usually does yoeman's work on keeping the top players in state.
I don't think Hammond is a take, Booth was always going to Minny, Fall will likely be steered somewhere that makes him and his connections money.

Betts, Ndongo, and Dipped I'm not confident about, but right now, we really haven't heard much.

I don't think Hammond is a take, Booth was always going to Minny, Fall will likely be steered somewhere that makes him and his connections money.

Betts, Ndongo, and Dipped I'm not confident about, but right now, we really haven't heard much.
Betts did just commit to Minnesota this week. So he's already committed elsewhere. I just was hopeful we wouldn't go 0/5 in this class but I think we might.

I don't think Hammond is a bad take. He'd be a 4 year guard committed to CU with his brother being here. He's in the top 200 in 247 so he's starting to get traction as a high major with TCU, WYO, and Wazzu offers. You can never have to many PG's. We realistically will need 4 in this class with the 2 grad seniors and 2 expected transfers.

CU still seems to be to be in consideration for Normand, with his end of summer decision, even with him blowing up:

Tad found his ‘23 big in McFarland? Love his fit as elite shoot-blocker next to Lawson & Hurlburt...

I would honestly be comfortable with...6’10 recruits- Ndongo, Diop...

....Osiris Grady still strong D-first options (Ndongo elite D too)...all-in on McFarland/ True Big vs next offer to Grady...

Normand to commit within few weeks? He-& Diop-still CU's big Pt Guards of future! Together, gives us elite length/athleticism/playmaking.

Normand shooting on par w/ CU's elite 2-Guard targets: RJ Jones, Brady Dunlap & Jace Posey. Diop has shooting too; but elite passer.

If not Normand or Diop at 1, Christian Hammond & BJ Davis are likely being recruited to be smaller, scoring Point Guards.

Love the 2 Jacob's to stay #1 CU Big targets: '23 McFarland & '24 Cofie. But Cali w/ some depth in '23 Bigs: Drew Fielder, stretch 4 w/ motor & physical competitor; Martin Gumwel, shot-blocker like McFarland, w/ elite Rbding numbers; & Xavier Edmonds, lighter & more mobile 4.

We do need Diop, or we may need Osiris Grady & Marrs, or someone who can guard the 4 w/ McFarlandat at 5? 6'8 Osiris is elite play-maker for his size. 6'11 Marrs seems in similar mold, w/ some playmaking at his 7'+ length. Or 2 of Bigs above: McFarland & Fielder or Gumwel?

Normand to commit within few weeks? He-& Diop-still CU's big Pt Guards of future! Together, gives us elite length/athleticism/playmaking.

Normand shooting on par w/ CU's elite 2-Guard targets: RJ Jones, Brady Dunlap & Jace Posey. Diop has shooting too; but elite passer.

If not Normand or Diop at 1, Christian Hammond & BJ Davis are likely being recruited to be smaller, scoring Point Guards.

Love the 2 Jacob's to stay #1 CU Big targets: '23 McFarland & '24 Cofie. But Cali w/ some depth in '23 Bigs: Drew Fielder, stretch 4 w/ motor & physical competitor; Martin Gumwel, shot-blocker like McFarland, w/ elite Rbding numbers; & Xavier Edmonds, lighter & more mobile 4.

We do need Diop, or we may need Osiris Grady & Marrs, or someone who can guard the 4 w/ McFarlandat at 5? 6'8 Osiris is elite play-maker for his size. 6'11 Marrs seems in similar mold, w/ some playmaking at his 7'+ length. Or 2 of Bigs above: McFarland & Fielder or Gumwel?
Diop is not a PG. Not anywhere near a PG really. I love your enthusiasm for basketball, but you need to start basing your critiques in reality and using punctuation.

Diop is not a PG. Not anywhere near a PG really. I love your enthusiasm for basketball, but you need to start basing your critiques in reality and using punctuation.
I understand haters will find a way to hate. That's your choice.

Diop played point-guard in HS, had 10+ assist games, & regularly whips Jokic-lite cross-court passes. So wheter he actually plays the 1 at CU, he certainly has a point-guard's play-making skills & would bring the ball up the court in grab & go from the 4 - at minimum.

Tad recruiting '23 guys (the reality is all of the following guys the media has reported CU has had recruiting contact with):
Big Wings: Normand (can guard 1-4 w/ 6'9 length?), Cody Williams, High, Diop, Ndongo, Grady (all these guys w/ potential to switch 1-5?)
Scoring Guards/Wings: Jamari McDowell & Courtney Anderson top priorities over longer relationships w/ RJ Jones, Mack, Dunlap, Posey?
Point/Combo Guards: Hammonds, BJ Davis, Jamyron Keller
Bigs: Jacob McFarland, Drew Fielder, Cameron Barnes

I add Gavin Marrs as Big Wing, but no media confirmation of contact. Just long-time social-media contact w/ CU. 6'11 who switch's 1-5 too.

I understand haters will find a way to hate. That's your choice.

Diop played point-guard in HS, had 10+ assist games, & regularly whips Jokic-lite cross-court passes. So wheter he actually plays the 1 at CU, he certainly has a point-guard's play-making skills & would bring the ball up the court in grab & go from the 4 - at minimum.

Tad recruiting '23 guys (the reality is all of the following guys the media has reported CU has had recruiting contact with):
Big Wings: Normand (can guard 1-4 w/ 6'9 length?), Cody Williams, High, Diop, Ndongo, Grady (all these guys w/ potential to switch 1-5?)
Scoring Guards/Wings: Jamari McDowell & Courtney Anderson top priorities over longer relationships w/ RJ Jones, Mack, Dunlap, Posey?
Point/Combo Guards: Hammonds, BJ Davis, Jamyron Keller
Bigs: Jacob McFarland, Drew Fielder, Cameron Barnes

I add Gavin Marrs as Big Wing, but no media confirmation of contact. Just long-time social-media contact w/ CU. 6'11 who switch's 1-5 too.
You overrated every prospect you talk about, dude. None of these guys is going to switch 1-5. That's a skill s handful of dudes have, and you think like 8 dudes just that CU I'd recruiting can do it.

If it happens, I think it would be the top prospect Tad has ever landed. Very likely a future NBA guy.
You've got to think the work Tad's done with Dre, Bey, and Jabari have helped us in the eyes of this type of prospect very similar mold.

Are you allowed to drop the name of who it is?
Doesn't look like the name is disclosed in the part of the article that isn't behind the paywall, so not something we should be disclosing on AB.

Did a Google image search. Cody Williams. 6-8 SF from Gilbert Arizona

Quite interesting story…his brother had nice growth in college

I feel like this is the latest in the cycle without a commit in a while. Usually have somebody in the early signing between Hurlburt, Lawson, Nique. Wonder if it's due to prioritizing the portal, smaller class, missing on some prospects, or the people we are prioritizing are making longer decisions.

I feel like this is the latest in the cycle without a commit in a while. Usually have somebody in the early signing between Hurlburt, Lawson, Nique. Wonder if it's due to prioritizing the portal, smaller class, missing on some prospects, or the people we are prioritizing are making longer decisions.
CU only has two scholarships so they are trying to shoot for the stars, which typically requires patience. They'll have Williams out on a visit this coming weekend, then will host more visitors in conjunction with the two football home games in September. They're hoping to sign a big man and a bigger guard that can also play on the wing.

CU only has two scholarships so they are trying to shoot for the stars, which typically requires patience. They'll have Williams out on a visit this coming weekend, then will host more visitors in conjunction with the two football home games in September. They're hoping to sign a big man and a bigger guard that can also play on the wing.

Scoooooop!

Nice work, dude.

Cody Williams was here this weekend-then per article below-Courtney Anderson visiting next? Luv Jacob McFarland to visit too!

CU already in w/ Ndongo, Grady, Dunlap, Hammond, BJ Davis. High, Fall, Diop fading? +Luv under-recruited mobile bigs: CA’s Xavier Edmonds, WI’s Ethan Thomas, & big wing & ex-point-guard TX’s Mitchel Holmes.

Back