What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NCAA MARCH MADNESS GAMES THREAD

SDSU's physicality got to FAU at the end, but FAU also didn't value the ball the last 10 minutes like they did the first 30.

Hell of a game.
Both teams tried to lose. FAU stopped boxing out and gave up a bunch of offensive rebounds plus the turnovers. SDSU kept missing FTs only to get offensive rebounds off them.

We got some Canes over here! Woot! Woot!

U Hands College Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

SDSU's physicality got to FAU at the end, but FAU also didn't value the ball the last 10 minutes like they did the first 30.

Hell of a game.
That game had a great finish.

I love the March Madness cant be dominated by the big name school. Great to see SDSU and FAU in it.

This second game is tough.

I generally don't like Miami but it's hard to support any team with a Hurley as coach although it would be funny for Dan to have a NC and Bobby still outside looking in for tourney success.

Love the length and athleticism of Miami. Really love the aggression with which they play.

UConn is the most complete team I've seen this year. They are so deep, can beat you in the paint, off the bounce, from deep, and Danny's got them passing & defending.

Nope. No one has played anything in that stadium in many, many years.

That's odd that they would keep it around since it's not being used at all. Looking back historically even once iconic stadiums don't last long once they are stopped being used. I certainly could be wrong but that real estate doesn't seem particularly valuable since that seems like a pretty open area judging by the overhead shots.

That's more like it Miami, get some O through your D and PUSH the basketball. They're gonna kick your ass in a half court game.

That's odd that they would keep it around since it's not being used at all. Looking back historically even once iconic stadiums don't last long once they are stopped being used. I certainly could be wrong but that real estate doesn't seem particularly valuable since that seems like a pretty open area judging by the overhead shots.
I don’t think the land is all that valuable. But there are those who think it has sentimental value and historical significance. And I think it has both of those as well. But they should still bulldoze it and either use it for parking for NRG Stadium or to develop something else to complement NRG. I do think it got added to a Texas historic landmark list so that makes removing it that much harder, I’m sure.

Absolutely nothing. There have been dozens of ideas floated about potential uses but none of them have panned out. In my opinion they should have bulldozed that thing years ago. And I say that as someone who has some good memories inside that stadium.
Might cost more to mitigate the asbestos and other hazardous materials used in building it than the land is worth. It was built right when a lot of that stuff was popular in building materials.

In addition to the asbestos they probably have loads of lead sealing plumbing and ventilation systems, PCBs in the electrical system and a bunch of other toxic stuff.

Well at least UConn should roll against SDSU Monday night
I agree they should. The way this tournament has gone, who the **** knows though? I did pick UConn in the CBS bracket. Like it matters, the rest of it was so ****ed up it was comical. By far the worst I've ever done on those.

OMG. Before Butler took that last shot, he drove right first. Holy ****, his foot got about as close to the baseline as you can get without ****ing stepping on it. I didn't notice that last night and don't know if they mentioned it or noticed either.

OMG. Before Butler took that last shot, he drove right first. Holy ****, his foot got about as close to the baseline as you can get without ****ing stepping on it. I didn't notice that last night and don't know if they mentioned it or noticed either.
They showed a close-up shot after the game during the studio wrap up and mentioned it. You could put about 10 sheets of paper between the edge of his shoe and the line.

SDSU almost 8 minutes without a FG. Fire Tad!

(Should I kill this bit? No, I’m going to keep doing it because there are still people who think that Colorado is the only team in the country that goes on scoring droughts.)

Back