What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Season Prediction Thread (Post TCU)

What is your new win total after the TCU game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not quite. Bowls have contracts with conferences that let's them get pick teams in a certain order, they don't have to pick the best team available from that conference
This. The contract is that the bowl gets to pick 3rd or 4th, etc. They can pick whoever they want, if they have the 2nd pick and want to pick the team that finished 10th in the standings, they can do that.

But I don't think they can/will go outside their conference tie ins unless the conference doesn't enough bowl eligible teams.

If CU is sitting at 7-5 and 7th in the pac 12, I could see the San Antonio or Holiday bowl using their pick on CU instead of an 11-1, 10-2, or 9-3, UU, OSU, WSU, UCLA, etc.

Your mom's in there
Season 5 Wow GIF by The Office

Okay, 4-2. How do we finish this out.
- vs Stanford
- at UCLA
- vs OSU
- vs UA
- at WSU
- at UU

I’m pretty confident we will beat Stanford. So where is our 6th win? We may be underdogs in those last five.

A friend of mine is a very successful basketball coach. This year's CU football team is making me think of how he said he built programs. In short, the talent isn't there in the beginning, neither is comfort and mastery of the system Xs & Os. So the focus is to have the best conditioned team. It builds confidence. It also allows you to wear other teams down, especially if your systems are about bringing pressure. Fatigue is a great equalizer.

- vs Stanford
- at UCLA
- vs OSU
- vs UA
- at WSU
- at UU

I’m pretty confident we will beat Stanford. So where is our 6th win? We may be underdogs in those last five.
Arizona is the most obvious (still a very tough game). Honsestly from what I've seen I like our odds in Pullman better than at home against the Beavs. Utah is just a horrible matchup. UCLA is gonna require lots of improvement from the o-line.

Arizona is the most obvious (still a very tough game). Honsestly from what I've seen I like our odds in Pullman better than at home against the Beavs. Utah is just a horrible matchup. UCLA is gonna require lots of improvement from the o-line.
If Rising isn’t 100% I like our chances against Utah more than WSU tbh. We don’t have the dudes to consistently tackle Cam Ward. Utah doesn’t have anyone special. They are always good and they are physical for sure, but they don’t have any real dudes this year.

From what I’ve seen there’s a pretty strong group of fans who knew nothing of the Buffs previously but are now fully on board because of Prime, which should help augment the California alumni derived crowd.
More Buffs than Bruins would be a funny message to the Big10 and CFB about our brand

- vs Stanford
- at UCLA
- vs OSU
- vs UA
- at WSU
- at UU

Obviously, the first priority is to beat Stanford and get to the bye at 5-2. Manage that, and we will have five chances to get win #6. We may well be the underdog in very game (Arizona the only exception there), but I like those odds. We likely have Travis back, and weird stuff happens in CFB all the time.

I'll say we beat Stanford and Arizona, and get a surprise win somewhere else. 7-5 finish.

- vs Stanford
- at UCLA
- vs OSU
- vs UA
- at WSU
- at UU

I agree we will be underdogs after Stanford for the rest of the season. I think we will steal at least one game and finish with six wins.

Back