What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

Big body (6'11" 263) who has given 6 & 6 at 20ish mpg the past 2 seasons.

Had a great offer list while only being listed at 6'6" as a prep.
Seems like a backup to a backup plan, if the other options are Ware and Ike.

That being said, 6'11" 263 meets my size requirements quite well . . .

I Hope Please GIF

I mean, can't miss what you never had, I'd be fine re-evaluating how Joe Hurlburt fits into this team and seeing if he hits the portal.

That way, we can grab Ike and Lampkin

Ike + Knecht is a tremendous upgrade on attrition vs addition. We'd effectively have traded Lawson + Nique for that (with Allen being the expected transfer going back to November which allowed the oversigning).

It would be maybe the best spring period under Tad.

Ike + Knecht is a tremendous upgrade on attrition vs addition. We'd effectively have traded Lawson + Nique for that (with Allen being the expected transfer going back to November which allowed the oversigning).

It would be maybe the best spring period under Tad.
I don't think there's any way that Knecht stays in-state. He is BIG TIME

Watching all of the movement this off-season has made me realize how much of an impact the portal has on MBB. It's even more important than football, imo. With the single year draft eligibility requirements, the majors previously at least had to make a decision between loading up on potential one and done talents versus building a sustainable group of potential 3-4 year players. Now it doesn't even matter. Go hard after elite talents and then just backfill by poaching upperclassmen from the portal whenever they want.

Beach Volleyball and Triathlon are the Women's sports to add. CU can be nationally ranked in both and the scholarships would balance for the addition of either MLAX or MSOC. I think that's the move if CU expands its varsity sports offerings.
These would both be great cultural fits for CU.

We have a history with distance running and endurance sports and Triathlon would fit that perfect.

Beach volleyball fits the image and culture of CU like bowling does Nebraska.

Hunter Dickinson entered the portal. Crazy!
He's got such a great "modern big man" game. Able to play man defense against traditional and more nimble front court guys, rebounds, and stretches defenses/ creates space with his jumper while also being able to do some work on the blocks. I thought he'd be going pro. I know Michigan has a younger blue chip big they wanted to feature, so maybe it was Howard not having expected him to exercise the Covid year and not really having room in his plans. Excellent college player who is also a battler. I'd love to have him at CU. Someone is basically winning the lottery on this one.

What will it take to flip our transfer classes in bball to match the football this year?

Back