What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

Where did Rothstein pull that number from? Kid shot 37% this year 🤷
ESPN's got him at 45.7% FG this past season, so maybe got the numbers conflated?

He is a career 40.3 3pt% and 84.6 FT%, so the dude can definitely shoot.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

I love the Lampkin pickup. He was a stud at TCU despite his so-so stats. I think if we can land Knecht or another big scorer our team next year will be solid!
His career defensive rating is sub 100, so that's extremely encouraging. Slightly better than LL's.

His O rating is almost 20 points better than LL's. I didn't think an O rating of 88 was possible, but LL managed it. Nique was at 85!

Getting Lampkin means everyone on our roster that played last year has positive ratings on D and O, aside from Hammond who is basically a 100-100 guy.

Lampkin is only a slight upgrade over Lovering, and a huge downgrade compared to Graham Ike. We had a legit shot at Ike so why take Lampkin before Ike has made a decision? This is the type of addition that helps get you to the NIT, not the NCAA tournament.

Lampkin is only a slight upgrade over Lovering, and a huge downgrade compared to Graham Ike. We had a legit shot at Ike so why take Lampkin before Ike has made a decision? This is the type of addition that helps get you to the NIT, not the NCAA tournament.
The NIL price likely blew right by what we could afford.

Very physical player who will be happy without having a lot of plays called for him. Only 1 basketball. I think this was exactly what we needed.

🤨 Would hate to be burdened with the problem of having too many good players. Never works out for the blue-bloods.

Wanted to do better than this...😕

Tad better hit a damn home run on this last spot with Knecht.

I know where you are coming from, but I am very excited about the potential of Lampkin. At a minimum, he will bring some badly needed size and strength to next year‘s team.

He is a very high risk transfer, but has serious talent when motivated and not overweight. He quit on TCU, but something seemed amiss. On the other hand, I watched as he murdered Arizona in the 2022 Tourney, 20 pt and 14 rebounds, his fifth double double of that year. The reason his statistics were so mediocre in 2022-2023 is he only played 22 min a game because he was out of shape last year.

The thing I love the most is he has the potential the re-energize a program to fans which badly needs strong personalities after Battey left. I will bet money he will be a huge crowd favorite, but he has to be disciplined and committed to getting in shape and practicing hard.

Last edited:
I know where you are coming from, but I am very excited about the potential of Lampkin. At a minimum, he will bring some badly needed size and strength to next year‘s team.

He is a very high risk transfer, but has serious talent when motivated and not overweight. He quit on TCU, but something seemed amiss. On the other, I watched as he murdered Arizona in the 2022 Tourney, 20 pt and 14 rebounds, his fifth double double of that year.
The reason his statistics were so mediocre in 2022-2023 is he only played 22 min a game because he was out of shape last year.

The thing I love the most is he has the potential the re-energize a program to fans which badly needs strong personalities after Battey left. I will bet money he will be a huge crowd favorite, but he has to be disciplined and committed to getting in shape and practicing hard.
As my Hoosier father always says - you need that wildcard (Rodman Bulls perfect example). Watch Lampkins tape, dudes a menace that is a ball of emotion.

Glad we scored him. I think we all wanted Ike, but 99% of things happen without this forum knowing. Maybe he already told Tad no, I’m heading elsewhere.

As my Hoosier father always says - you need that wildcard (Rodman Bulls perfect example). Watch Lampkins tape, dudes a menace that is a ball of emotion.

Glad we scored him. I think we all wanted Ike, but 99% of things happen without this forum knowing. Maybe he already told Tad no, I’m heading elsewhere.
dollar-bills-that-is-correct.gif

🤨 Would hate to be burdened with the problem of having too many good players. Never works out for the blue-bloods.
I would suggest looking at the rosters of the Final 4 teams. Lampkin would have been top 6 or 7 in scoring and one of the better rebounders on all 4 teams. Assuming TDS and Simpson return, and with the addition of Williams and another transfer (PLEASE be Knecht), the scoring is there. Lampkin is absolutely good enough to be in the top 5 of a Final 4 team.

I admit that I do not actively follow basketball at the player level more than with just a passing interest. So is this new C a significant upgrade over LL?

Lampkin has got the physicality and experience that LL was missing. Digging deeper (and hindsight being 20/20) I'm not sure LL has the most important quality that Lampkin will provide, grit. It feels to me, and this is all conjecture, that LL was disenchanted as the season waned. Replacing LL with a bigger bodied emotional leader is a huge positive!

Back