What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

I admit that I do not actively follow basketball at the player level more than with just a passing interest. So is this new C a significant upgrade over LL?
Adequate, yes. Significant? I'd say it's probably a wash. LL was better defensively, and from a defensive leadership side. Lampkin is much more offensive, will probably get more rebounds / putbacks. Some concerns over weight / conditioning.

Much better O rating. But what I'm really hoping for is that he gives us an attitude that was missing with so many finesse nice guys leading the roster this past year. He is potentially our Draymond Green with driving the team culture. Won't change guys like TDS, but that's ok because it allows him to do his thing (like with Steph) while injecting toughness into the group m.o. and sets a standard for all the young & role players.

Much better O rating. But what I'm really hoping for is that he gives us an attitude that was missing with so many finesse nice guys leading the roster this past year. He is potentially our Draymond Green with driving the team culture. Won't change guys like TDS, but that's ok because it allows him to do his thing (like with Steph) while injecting toughness into the group m.o. and sets a standard for all the young & role players.
Agreed. This team needs somebody to fire them up and say "Let's go get it!". It seemed too often like they were waiting around for a formal invitation to compete.

The upside? Or Lampkin being an upgrade?
The upside. I believe Utah thinks they got a replacement for Carlson. That's not happening. Tad is probably licking his lips at the Lampkin/Lovering matchup next year. Lampkin has more tools and more fire. He's going to bully LL. Hell, Diop and Hurlburt will probably bully LL next year.

The upside. I believe Utah thinks they got a replacement for Carlson. That's not happening. Tad is probably licking his lips at the Lampkin/Lovering matchup next year. Lampkin has more tools and more fire. He's going to bully LL. Hell, Diop and Hurlburt will probably bully LL next year.
Yeah, I'm admittedly giving him the benefit of the HS scouting reports as a defensive presence with an inside/outside game offensively. He's a long way from becoming that player, though. He doesn't look like that shot will ever develop. More importantly, we agree Lampkin is a significant upgrade.

I don't think Lampkin gives us the same defense LL did. Not that he can't guard a post player, just that he can't guard the perimeter like LL did. He'll consequently grab more defensive rebounds. He'll have fewer turnovers than LL. As for scoring, I would bet they score at about the same pace next season.

I don't think Lampkin gives us the same defense LL did. Not that he can't guard a post player, just that he can't guard the perimeter like LL did. He'll consequently grab more defensive rebounds. He'll have fewer turnovers than LL. As for scoring, I would bet they score at about the same pace next season.
This. LL could guard guards pretty damn well for a big.

Don’t care. **** them. **** that state. I want them all to be miserable.
Happy Fx Networks GIF by Cake FX

Just got to be patient, let Knecht check out those blue bloods and then commit to Tad.

Back