What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Big 12 Preview

On the Gundy thing: I have always had a lot of respect/liked to watch for his O. He's been winning a lot of games.....off the top of your head, name Poke QB's over the years.....Mason Rudolph and maybe Zac Robinson since he's a CO kid. Even in the craziest Big 00's "spread-now we call it-air raid" days of the Big XII.....he had run-pass balance and scoring points with everyone, too.

And the OTHER thing, I have an uncle who is an OSU guy, Posse Club Donor, lives in Phoenix.....I visit them all the time. We drove across country once on a weird thing to relocate my grammaw.....even tho I have known him my whole life we really "bonded". talked a lot about football.

But I remember when Gundy took the job from Les Miles.....the first thing he did was run off a lot of Les' less than good citizens. and there were some, a little too much for Stillwater, Oklahoma. were 4 or 5 good players Mike just got rid of. I know everyone here like Les for being a Mac assistant....but I respected that. Big move for a first year HC. At the time, my uncle said the Posse Club donors were pissing themselves. Les beat Oklahoma the first TWO years after Stoopsie won the NC. "We needed those guys......I thought.....but now I'm glad we have the program we have".

I don't think the quote about Ollie was super smart in this day/age and he's in the Dabo camp in the portal/NIL game.....so maybe he's backlashing a bit about what college kids "always get up to" versus "welcome to the machine".

dunno. about the hair, most of the epic hair in college sports coaching has been combover action: Billy Tubbs, Lou Henson, Gene Keady, Saban, John Robinson.....

Last edited:
Why? Urlacher was a college Safety who transitioned to LB and thrived, exactly what Trevor is attempting to do.

I guess singling out a player that has switched positions, who fans have consistently left off the two deep, as being similar to an all time NFL great doesn’t warrant crazy for you.

I guess singling out a player that has switched positions, who fans have consistently left off the two deep, as being similar to an all time NFL great doesn’t warrant crazy for you.
I mean, Prime always speaks in hyperbole. I just took it as praising Woods as a player who is switching positions. We also have no clue about the actual two deep or their plans for Trevor.

This is his last year of eligibility and he’s been a 3 year starter across two different staffs and played relatively well. If they didn’t have a plan for him to play quite a bit, I’m sure he would have transferred out. Would have had plenty of solid P4 options

I think in light of a NFL player, who just recently left the college game, being killed in a car accident by a drunk driver, this was a really insensitive statement and it kinda pissed me off. People that make light of drunk driving can eat ****

I doubt seriously if Gundy has driven on the edge a thousand times. I didn't take his statement as making light but more of an indictment of today's society. Sadly in recent years we've seen several high profile just out of college players drive drunk and kill, Ruggs comes to mind. Gundy's had his not so great moments sure but this isn't one of those and I'm not the one to judge him.

I doubt seriously if Gundy has driven on the edge a thousand times. I didn't take his statement as making light but more of an indictment of today's society. Sadly in recent years we've seen several high profile just out of college players drive drunk and kill, Ruggs comes to mind. Gundy's had his not so great moments sure but this isn't one of those and I'm not the one to judge him.

I would bet he’s drunk driven 15% of his adult driving life.

He’s 56. Started legally drinking at 21. So 35 years of driving. 365 days in a year times 15% gives us 54 drunk driving days a year (roughly one a week[one look at Mike and it’s more than likely])

Multiply that by 35 years and you get 1916 days of drunk driving. A few more years and he will have driven a Couple thousand drunk driving days.

Back