What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Colorado Haters Thread

We haven’t earned any hate. We don’t deserve any hate. Colorado hasn’t gone out and attacked anyone. We are being attacked because we have a Black coach doing things in his own way.
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

I’m a die-hard CU fan. I were something CU every single day. And even I’m annoyed for the **** last year like the S2S AP flashes (especially in a coach’s face and the student section in ASU), the losing their **** over the midfield Nebraska antics and then proceeding to do much worse at Oregon only to me mud holed, and all the “you didn’t believe. Do you believe now. We here,” bull**** after winning three games, and then proceeding to go 1-8. It was ****ing embarrassing and I would hate any other team that did that (as I did with Oklahoma and Baker Mayfield, aTm with Johnny Manzel, Florida and Tim Tebow…but unfortunately they were actually good - we weren’t).
Please stop with this Black stuff. There’s other reasons people don’t like our antics.

This is the “Colorado Haters” thread. I love CU. My point was that against NDSU we provided some fuel to the “haters” and if we want to shut them up we will have to play better. I wasn’t saying that there are things I personally hate. Some people just get off on trying to show other people up I guess.

As for me, I took positives from the win. Especially our offense and our halftime adjustments.

Watched a lot of P4 teams struggle against opponents much worse than NDSU. Wonder if they will get articles in USA Today.
FAU was 4-8 last year and Michigan State only put up 16 points and won by 6.

Wisconsin was down to Western Michigan (4-8 last year) in the 4th quarter before they had to make a rally to win by 14.

NC State was down to Western Carolina in the 4th before scoring 21 unanswered to win.

So yeah, to your point, everybody else just has to survive and advance. CU has to win in dominating fashion against lesser competition, otherwise there’s a problem.

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

I’m a die-hard CU fan. I were something CU every single day. And even I’m annoyed for the **** last year like the S2S AP flashes (especially in a coach’s face and the student section in ASU), the losing their **** over the midfield Nebraska antics and then proceeding to do much worse at Oregon only to me mud holed, and all the “you didn’t believe. Do you believe now. We here,” bull**** after winning three games, and then proceeding to go 1-8. It was ****ing embarrassing and I would hate any other team that did that (as I did with Oklahoma and Baker Mayfield, aTm with Johnny Manzel, Florida and Tim Tebow…but unfortunately they were actually good - we weren’t).
Please stop with this Black stuff. There’s other reasons people don’t like our antics.
I don’t recall CP or anyone on the team doing any **** talking, bragging or other “bull****” last year when they started losing. It was mostly isolated to the first three weeks, much of which was media driven, and then things got real quiet after the Oregon game.

My sense is that you, like many other CFB fans, have an idea of what you think a head coach should say and do in various scenarios and you are very uncomfortable that Prime doesn’t fit that idea (in fact, I think you’ve stated that as a military leader, you believe leaders in general should be acting in a certain way).

I would suggest you take a look at what, specifically, you are uncomfortable with and don’t like and challenge yourself to understand whether it stems from some unconscious bias you may have.

Or not, but your entire perspective of how Prime behaves has a very “shut up and dribble” feel to it, IMO.

Last edited:
FAU was 4-8 last year and Michigan State only put up 16 points and won by 6.

Wisconsin was down to Western Michigan (4-8 last year) in the 4th quarter before they had to make a rally to win by 14.

NC State was down to Western Carolina in the 4th before scoring 21 unanswered to win.

So yeah, to your point, everybody else just has to survive and advance. CU has to win in dominating fashion against lesser competition, otherwise there’s a problem.
Wiscy needed a miracle punt biff to win.

Also, if you’re embarrassed by the hype and attention and “antics” of our program simply because they ended up not being as good as the season went on, I suggest pulling your head out of your ass.

What’s embarrassing is being 1-11 and losing every game by 30 points. Whats embarrassing is blue chip players saying they would never consider CU because of how terrible and irrelevant the program has been their entire lives.

Just enjoy the ****ing ride as this program will NEVER have this kind of attention on it again when Prime is gone. At best, CU might be a middling program like Arkansas but still irrelevant on the national landscape, so yeah, I’ll take the “antics”, hype and attention all day.

I don’t recall CP or anyone on the team doing any **** talking, bragging or other “bull****” last year when they started losing. It was mostly isolated to the first three weeks, much of which was media driven, and then things got real quiet after the Oregon game.

My sense is that you, like many other CFB fans, have an idea of what you think a head coach should say and do in various scenarios and you are very uncomfortable that Prime doesn’t fit that idea (in fact, I think you’ve stated that as a military leader, you believe leaders in general should be acting in a certain way).

I would suggest you take a look at what, specifically, you are uncomfortable with and don’t like and challenge yourself to understand whether it stems from some unconscious bias you may have.

Or not, but your entire perspective of how Prime behaves has a very “shut up and dribble” feel to it, IMO.
Saying how young adults and coaches should act is very “shut up and dribble” “stick to music” feeling. I know how I acted up to 22/23 years old, and had young professionals getting sauced up at a John. Mellancamp concert say that they’d “never hire someone that looked the way I did” I think I told them that I wouldn’t want to work for an amateur drinking team, or something to that effect, and took my nachos back to hangout with my future in-laws and wife.

Saying how young adults and coaches should act is very “shut up and dribble” “stick to music” feeling. I know how I acted up to 22/23 years old, and had young professionals getting sauced up at a John. Mellancamp concert say that they’d “never hire someone that looked the way I did” I think I told them that I wouldn’t want to work for an amateur drinking team, or something to that effect, and took my nachos back to hangout with my future in-laws and wife.
Ain't that America?

Loser – Colorado and Deion Sanders
Unfortunately for Colorado, they could go 12-0 and still end up in this category most weeks because of the nature of the disdain for the program from fans across the country. For most, there will always be a reason to discount this team. However, in Week 1 they really set themselves up for it by scheduling FCS powerhouse North Dakota State. The game was tight throughout, with NDSU holding a 3 point halftime lead. Colorado’s offensive line once again looked anything but spectacular, as Shedeur had a hand in face constantly. Dallan Hayden had no room to run and showed frustration on the field at several moments in the second half. Deion Sanders also made a controversial decision with less than two minutes to go, electing to keep the ball in the air rather than attempt to try and run for a 1st down to end the game, giving NDSU a shot with 30 seconds left. There’s a very simple fact coming your way – this offensive line has to be better and Deion has to manage the clock more efficiently. If those two things happen, this could be a very good team.

Revel in it, despair in it - but dump your favorite Colorado haterade media and social media content here:

View attachment 75284
Pathetic. One legit criticism is that Prime almost gave the game away with the pass on second down with 1:50 left. All the other crap that was spewed in that article is just jealousy.

Annoying but I credit them for putting Oregon in the loser category too. Fair across the board from that perspective.
Pathetic. One legit criticism is that Prime almost gave the game away with the pass on second down with 1:50 left. All the other crap that was spewed in that article is just jealousy.
it’s been mentioned numerous times, that wasn’t Prime’s call. Shedeur himself said he checked into it and will learn from it. Saw cover 0 and thought it was disrespectful.

Annoying but I credit them for putting Oregon in the loser category too. Fair across the board from that perspective.

it’s been mentioned numerous times, that wasn’t Prime’s call. Shedeur himself said he checked into it and will learn from it. Saw cover 0 and thought it was disrespectful.
And had he made his typical accurate throw, it was a touchdown. Still, it was a stupid decision not to run.

The fact that Prime allowed Shedeur to do that would be his fault then....

Is Joel now a hater? Not sure what his tweet means regarding a giant drop.

Is Joel now a hater? Not sure what his tweet means regarding a giant drop.

He’s not wrong. Huge gap between Hunter, S2 and the rest of the roster. As much to do with how good those guys are as anything. Hunter is a once in lifetime talent.

Also, with those two his point is likely the team should have won Thursday going away.

As coach.... you tell your QB to take a knee. The game was over. We didn't need a first down. The fact that Cover "0" is an insult should have never entered the equation.
I would bet that Shurmur and Prime have told Shedeur that if they can't trust him in that situation then a backup can come in to hand the ball off 3 times. I'll be shocked if something similar happens again.

Back