What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Colorado Haters Thread

Is Joel now a hater? Not sure what his tweet means regarding a giant drop.

He's saying there is a big drop off from our elite talent and our depth guys. I tend to agree. We have Shedeur, Hunter, Seaton, Horn, probably Wester, and then we have a big drop off.

I would bet that Shurmur and Prime have told Shedeur that if they can't trust him in that situation then a backup can come in to hand the ball off 3 times. I'll be shocked if something similar happens again.
Bingo

I would bet that Shurmur and Prime have told Shedeur that if they can't trust him in that situation then a backup can come in to hand the ball off 3 times. I'll be shocked if something similar happens again.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

We haven’t earned any hate. We don’t deserve any hate. Colorado hasn’t gone out and attacked anyone. We are being attacked because we have a Black coach doing things in his own way.
I think I get why you and I disagree. I view “haters” in this sense as people who believe CU is a crappy football team that won’t make a bowl game.

You view haters as racists who dislike CU for the culture they perceive CU has. I definitely think there is some of that.

I think I get why you and I disagree. I view “haters” in this sense as people who believe CU is a crappy football team that won’t make a bowl game.

You view haters as racists who dislike CU for the culture they perceive CU has. I definitely think there is some of that.
The venn diagram between the two is strong. Colorado has a reputation that was given by people who do not levy the same critiques against other programs.

Yep. The foot INT was preceded by an uncalled DPI. Many bounces didn’t go our way.
The INT and the offside penalty that extended one of their TD drives are at least a 7 point swing by themselves. Without those, CU wins by 12 but is up by 19 with like 2 minutes left.

Obviously it’s a game of inches and those plays matter, but neither one of those have anything to do with our talent or coaching. Just fluky one off plays that made the game closer than it needed to be.

I think you're not up to speed on what "hater" means informally within popular usage. It's not being a cynic or critic. It's targeting unfairly to tear someone or something down.

So this brings up the "why" of Prime being such a target of haters, even bringing out hater comments from media folks who rarely go there.

Sure, it could be not liking brash or outspoken people. It could be jealousy of someone so successful in life. It could be resentment that a program that was down and irrelevant for so long and then went 4-8 is getting so much attention. It could be a business decision to draw eyeballs with extreme point & counterpoint voices within your media organization. Etc.

Or it could be racism. Some overt, but that is almost certainly the minority of it and what you and a lot of others think of - and therefore take exception to when @manhattanbuff says "it's racism". But the unconscious racism fuels everything I listed in the preceding paragraph of justifications. Something I have done a lot of over the years is to really think about it every time something makes me uncomfortable. Was it something that is objectively wrong or violates my personal code - or am I uncomfortable because it's unfamiliar to me & triggering a psychological response of "threatening"? If it's the latter, I have discovered some unconscious racism or social/ cultural bigotry baggage I need to work on getting rid of.

I 100% believe that most of the "hater" stuff with Prime is fueled by racism and there's no doubt that racism is why the intensity of the haters is turned up so high.

Last edited:
I think you're not up to speed on what "hater" means informally within popular usage. It's not being a cynic or critic. It's targeting unfairly to tear someone or something down.
Yeah. I get your point.

Yeah. I get your point.
I hit "Post reply" too early. Edited to say a bunch of stuff that I don't know if you'll agree with but I know you're someone who will think about it. 👍

Reactions: DBT
You’ve got a weird agenda. Is it to **** on CU or just Prime/Shedeur/Shilo?

If #1
Vine Ok GIF

If #2
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live
You honestly “bet that Shurmur and Prime have told Shedeur that if they can't trust him in that situation then a backup can come in to hand the ball off 3 times”. You gotta be outside your godamn mind.

The INT and the offside penalty that extended one of their TD drives are at least a 7 point swing by themselves. Without those, CU wins by 12 but is up by 19 with like 2 minutes left.

Obviously it’s a game of inches and those plays matter, but neither one of those have anything to do with our talent or coaching. Just fluky one off plays that made the game closer than it needed to be.
This goes both ways though. I’m sure NDSU believes the multiple push offs by Hunter should have been called. That would take two of our TDs off the board.

The game is the game. There’s no going back and creating your own unofficial simulation.

This goes both ways though. I’m sure NDSU believes the multiple push offs by Hunter should have been called. That would take two of our TDs off the board.

The game is the game. There’s no going back and creating your own unofficial simulation.
I'd be interested in hearing about the "push offs" from others (in a context other than complaining about officiating).

On Travis' second TD the defender flies away from him right before the catch, so it looks like Travis pushed him. But when I watched the replay, I can't see the push. It's more like Travis used the dudes own movement/body weight against him. Travis is great at getting separation from a receiver at the key moment, but it's hard for me to see when he has his arm extended against a receiver.

Experts?

Two? He was untouched on his first TD, maybe the second one but I can’t find a good replay, and then NDSU was called for PI on the play before his third and then they mugged him again during the catch of his 3rd.

There were also multiple targeting penalties from both teams, a couple late hits on Shilo that should have been called, and a blatant hold of Hunter on one of their TD runs that should have been called back. Those are judgement calls that happen in every game, though.

What I’m talking about is a fluke play (INT) and a guy lining up a yard offside that have nothing to do with our talent or coaching, which is what people are saying is still lacking because of a close win against NDSU.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in hearing about the "push offs" from others (in a context other than complaining about officiating).

On Travis' second TD the defender flies away from him right before the catch, so it looks like Travis pushed him. But when I watched the replay, I can't see the push. It's more like Travis used the dudes own movement/body weight against him. Travis is great at getting separation from a receiver at the key moment, but it's hard for me to see when he has his arm extended against a receiver.

Experts?
I’d have to rewatch the actual game as I can’t find a good replay of his second TD to show the contact, but the only blatant push off I remember was Hunters long catch down the sideline where he was tackled at about the 5 yard line. They were hand fighting and Travis got the last little push off

I’d have to rewatch the actual game as I can’t find a good replay of his second TD to show the contact, but the only blatant push off I remember was Hunters long catch down the sideline where he was tackled at about the 5 yard line. They were hand fighting and Travis got the last little push off

That is just pro hand fighting
Defender got a bunch of grabs and bumps, then Travis gets his final bump at the right time
He is special and will go Top 5

So this brings up the "why" of Prime being such a target of haters, even bringing out hater comments from media folks who rarely go there.

Sure, it could be not liking brash or outspoken people. It could be jealousy of someone so successful in life. It could be resentment that a program that was down and irrelevant for so long and then went 4-8 is getting so much attention. It could be a business decision to draw eyeballs with extreme point & counterpoint voices within your media organization. Etc.

Or it could be racism. Some overt, but that is almost certainly the minority of it and what you and a lot of others think of - and therefore take exception to when @manhattanbuff says "it's racism". But the unconscious racism fuels everything I listed in the preceding paragraph of justifications. Something I have done a lot of over the years is to really think about it every time something makes me uncomfortable. Was it something that is objectively wrong or violates my personal code - or am I uncomfortable because it's unfamiliar to me & triggering a psychological response of "threatening"? If it's the latter, I have discovered some unconscious racism or social/ cultural bigotry baggage I need to work on getting rid of.

I 100% believe that most of the "hater" stuff with Prime is fueled by racism and there's no doubt that racism is why the intensity of the haters is turned up so high.

You listed four very valid reasons why people can hate on CU. Then you listed one reason and chose to believe your reason over the others.

That's fine, but I'd simply argue it creates ****ty discourse on a message board. You don't know your reason is correct, and accusing others of racism without any real evidence is just lazy.

It leads to this board being a circle jerk. It's a stereo type of virtue signalers from Boulder. It's microcosm of exactly what a large portion of the country thinks of Boulder.

I suppose you can argue all boards are circle jerks. It's the nature of the internet. But this board's boring, blanket accusations of racism are just the opposite end of the spectrum from r/CFB. I don't see one as better than the other.

I could troll the board and accuse any criticism of Deion of being racist if I wanted. I'd assume like any message board the gameday threads devolve pretty fast, and I like I say, anyone could come here and accuse those threads of being racist.

What I am petty enough to do is come back and make accusations of racism when Deion leaves, especially if he's successful enough to get a SEC job. Because there were numerous posts here that the SEC was racist for not hiring him despite him never having coached a P5 job. Or even a G5 job.

I'd venture to guess a tiny minority here would be happy for Deion. They'll simply accept that the SEC is just a better place, with more resources and a better opportunity for him to be successful and build a juggernaut.

The rest will bitch and moan and claim Deion owes CU something. And they'll show more overt racism than anyone this board complains about.

You listed four very valid reasons why people can hate on CU. Then you listed one reason and chose to believe your reason over the others.

That's fine, but I'd simply argue it creates ****ty discourse on a message board. You don't know your reason is correct, and accusing others of racism without any real evidence is just lazy.

It leads to this board being a circle jerk. It's a stereo type of virtue signalers from Boulder. It's microcosm of exactly what a large portion of the country thinks of Boulder.

I suppose you can argue all boards are circle jerks. It's the nature of the internet. But this board's boring, blanket accusations of racism are just the opposite end of the spectrum from r/CFB. I don't see one as better than the other.

I could troll the board and accuse any criticism of Deion of being racist if I wanted. I'd assume like any message board the gameday threads devolve pretty fast, and I like I say, anyone could come here and accuse those threads of being racist.

What I am petty enough to do is come back and make accusations of racism when Deion leaves, especially if he's successful enough to get a SEC job. Because there were numerous posts here that the SEC was racist for not hiring him despite him never having coached a P5 job. Or even a G5 job.

I'd venture to guess a tiny minority here would be happy for Deion. They'll simply accept that the SEC is just a better place, with more resources and a better opportunity for him to be successful and build a juggernaut.

The rest will bitch and moan and claim Deion owes CU something. And they'll show more overt racism than anyone this board complains about.
If you read up on unconscious bias, the estimate by psychologists is that it affects 90-95% of people. Seems weird to me to deny how strong of a factor this is in how we perceive the world or to know this but discount it when talking about the reactions to Prime.

Experts?
Not an expert, but I saw it how you're seeing it.

Travis' 2nd TD reminds me a lot of Jordan's last shot as a Bull.

Sure, the hand was there, and it extends but in both cases it's the stopping of momentum by Travis or MJ that makes it look like the defender was pushed, when in reality they're just off balance and stumbling out of the way.

Also, there's an element of playing to the whistle. Those refs were allowing a ton of hand fighting between WRs and DBs, so of course Travis is going to put his hands on his opponent.

I agree. Also, around the grill yesterday a bunch of friends were discussing that if that had been Baker Mayfield who had done that, the country would be calling him a "Gamer" and a "Gunslinger" and that he plays with "Swagger" and "Never quits" and is just the sort of QB you want leading your team. I can't say they were wrong.

I agree. Also, around the grill yesterday a bunch of friends were discussing that if that had been Baker Mayfield who had done that, the country would be calling him a "Gamer" and a "Gunslinger" and that he plays with "Swagger" and "Never quits" and is just the sort of QB you want leading your team. I can't say they were wrong.
Sometimes it's hard to find that balance between going for the kill shot vs following a boring but winning script. Shedeur will mature in his risk analysis as he goes through it and eventually gets that NFL vet mentality. Mahomes, for example, is much more conservative than he used to be and only uncorks gunslinger mode when the moment calls for it these days.

This is better than I could have put it. Thing is, the “4 valid reasons” are reasons why I can’t stand when a lot of white people do it (I’ve listed those individuals elsewhere).

I will also say that I wouldn’t rather any other coach than Sanders at this point in the history of our program…whether I agree with everything he does, or the way he does it.

Back