What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Colorado Haters Thread

Also, I know all of these traditions too. I don't care about them nearly as much as a lot of my fellow band alumni. However what I do care about is when a coach removes or alters traditions for the sole purpose of putting him and his son ahead of the school and the program. Especially before that coach has proven anything.

Dan Hawkins did the same damn thing and we are still trying to dig ourselves out of that hole.

Last edited:
The running back is not the story the national media is in a ****ing tizzy about.

That's kind of the point he was making. Changing all these tradition, for what?
I guess I missed the point. I don't get it

As for changing traditions? Because they're traditions associated with an ass football program since every college football player has been alive. Because promoting a rap song by QB1 helps build his brand and that's what Prime has preached from day one, because we don't have the booster network to drop bag after bag to assemble a competitive squad.

I guess I missed the point. I don't get the point.

As for changing traditions? Because they're traditions associated with an ass football program since every college football player has been alive. Because promoting a rap song by QB1 helps build his brand and that's what Prime has preached from day one, because we don't have the booster network to drop bag after bag to assemble a competitive squad.
The only brand he promotes is #2 and ****ing Mata apparently...

What about Hunter or Horn or Shiloh or....

The only brand he promotes is #2 and ****ing Mata apparently...

What about Hunter or Horn or Shiloh or....
Travis has every endorsement deal one could imagine, Prime has repeatedly talked about him publicly and put him on the stage (he doesn't like media spotlight), and he's possibly the #1 overall pick in the draft. Jimmy gets a spot on his weekly CBS show and is featured in the Amazon doc. Shilo also has plenty of endorsements and is frequently put in front of the media. He has put many players like Offerdahl and Woods in his almond commercials.

I don't get what you're talking about or what your point is here.

Travis has every endorsement deal one could imagine, Prime has repeatedly talked about him publicly and put him on the stage (he doesn't like media spotlight), and he's possibly the #1 overall pick in the draft. Jimmy gets a spot on his weekly CBS show and is featured in the Amazon doc. Shilo also has plenty of endorsements and is frequently put in front of the media. He has put many players like Offerdahl and Woods in his almond commercials.

You make good points, but you don't have to change tradition to promote his stupid song. It's not like it hasn't been promoted enough.

You make good points, but you don't have to change tradition to promote his stupid song. It's not like it hasn't been promoted enough.
Why is delaying "glory colorado" by 10 seconds such a triggering change in "tradition" for some?

Honestly, this complaint has a lot of this energy with it
EEeXxjTXoAASsNv.jpg

Shedeur has just as many endorsements as Shiloh and Travis and anybody else in college football. Shedeur has a brand. It's huge.

Prime and his camp are basically directing the entire school to put Shedeur before everything else. Before the team. Before 100 years of tradition. Before the school itself.

No one else on this team gets THAT treatment and the last person I watched give that treatment to a player was Dan Hawkins with Cody

What it boils down to is Prime is opening himself to criticism unnecessarily. Changing the songs does nothing but make it look like it's all about him and his family, CU be damned. He doesn't get to be indignant with the media when he did it to himself. He doesn't get to play the victim when he put the bullseye on his own back.

If Prime and Co win, no one will care. 5 wins in 14 games is not nearly enough. Not yet.

Shedeur has just as many endorsements as Shiloh and Travis and anybody else in college football. Shedeur has a brand. It's huge.

Prime and his camp are basically directing the entire school to put Shedeur before everything else. Before the team. Before 100 years of tradition. Before the school itself.

No one else on this team gets THAT treatment and the last person I watched give that treatment to a player was Dan Hawkins with Cody

What it boils down to is Prime is opening himself to criticism unnecessarily. Changing the songs does nothing but make it look like it's a about him and his family, CU be damned. He doesn't get to be indignant with the media when he did it to himself. He doesn't get to play the victim when he put the bullseye on his own back.

If Prime and Co win, no one will care. 5 wins in 14 games is not nearly enough. Not yet.
I mean, again, if someone else comes out with a rap song, I'd bet it would be played in the stadium when they do something good on the field.

What Hawkins did with Cody was force him to be QB1 when there was a better QB on the roster. This is nothing like that, so let's stop the comparison. Shedeur is still one of the best QBs in the country.

I agree that Prime opens himself up to criticism, but this ridiculous band thing shouldn't be one of them. Funny how everybody was pretty much on board with all the brand building and promotion until they got their ass kicked by Nebraska. Now this board sounds exactly like a Paul Finebaum show.

I mean, again, if someone else comes out with a rap song, I'd bet it would be played in the stadium when they do something good on the field.

What Hawkins did with Cody was force him to be QB1 when there was a better QB on the roster. This is nothing like that, so let's stop the comparison. Shedeur is still one of the best QBs in the country.

I agree that Prime opens himself up to criticism, but this ridiculous band thing shouldn't be one of them. Funny how everybody was pretty much on board with all the brand building and promotion until they got their ass kicked by Nebraska. Now this board sounds exactly like a Paul Finebaum show.
Hawkins removed the CU football motto from Dal Ward. He painted over the gold bricks of historic CU victories. He didn't invite back old players. He removed as much of CU history and tradition from the program as he could because it was all about him and his son and their legacy.

That is the similarity that really bothers me.

Shedeur should play, duh. He is likely the #1 QB taken next year. Cody and him aren't the same caliber player. But the way their dad's treat the program is eerily similar.

It was rumbling around the Internet prior to NDSU, but has taken off since the article from The Athletic released around the NU game.

You don't think there are 20+ players in that locker room with rap (or other style, why only rap?) songs?

FFS the Mata song isn't even his, is some song HE LIKES.

You don't think there are 20+ players in that locker room with rap (or other style, why only rap?) songs?

FFS the Mata song isn't even his, is some song HE LIKES.
I don't know, are there 20+ players who have put out their own rap (or country, rock, jazz, metal, etc) songs? Can you point me in that direction if so? TIA

I personally could give 2 ****s about walk up music like in baseball. If it makes the kid play harder so he can get his 5sec, do it.
Don't **** with the fight song... that is way bigger then any player/coach. That is institutional and has the history of the program.

Just win baby. Play the Mickey Mouse song for all I care. Just ****ing win for the second time in the last twenty years. Just go 7-5. That’s it. Just realize you have to run the ball even without much success for an offense to at least be functional. It can’t be this hard.

Hey Yak, relax buddy. The tide has turned and you must be seeing it. Even Jim Rome (and I’m not a Rome clone, just an accidental radio listener on the way to CVS the other day) went on a huge anti Prime/Shedeur rant after the Nebraska game.

When you lose Rome you’ve lost the backward hat wearing fanbois community as well as a portion of the much more mainstream radio community.

I’m struggling to find any Top 10 programs that are invested into watch flashing and rapping on the part of its starting QB. No one gives a damn, other than bleach blonde CU co-ed freshmen from Arvada West who don’t know football from badminton.

SS likely has a good pro future but he really needs to stop doing passive aggressive pressers and just take care of business. His dad isn’t doing him any favors.

Last edited:
Hey Yak, relax buddy. The tide has turned and you must be seeing it. Even Jim Rome (and I’m not a Rome clone, just an accidental radio listener on the way to CVS the other day) went on a huge anti Prime/Shedeur rant after the Nebraska game.

When you lose Rome you’ve lost the backward hat wearing fanbois community as well as a portion of the much more mainstream radio community.

I’m struggling to find any Top 10 programs that are invested into watch flashing and rapping on the part of its their starting QBs. No one gives a damn, other than bleach blonde CU co-ed freshmen from Arvada West, who don’t know football from badminton.

SS likely has a good pro future but he really needs to stop doing passive aggressive pressers and just take care of business. His dad isn’t doing him any favors.
Last week, Rome got pissed at a CU fan who called the show to tell Rome he was a hater for criticizing and questioning some things. Rome was pissed about it. Said he's had CU people on the show, is supportive and has a vested interest with his son going there & him paying tuition to want to see Prime succeed... but it's his job to give opinions.

Rome sounded angry and maybe even offended that CU fans act like any criticism of Prime CU makes someone a hater. I think him hitting the topic hard after the pathetic performance in Saturday's loss had something to do with the crap he dealt with last week.

Last week, Rome got pissed at a CU fan who called the show to tell Rome he was a hater for criticizing and questioning some things. Rome was pissed about it. Said he's had CU people on the show, is supportive and has a vested interest with his son going there & him paying tuition to want to see Prime succeed... but it's his job to give opinions.

Rome sounded angry and maybe even offended that CU fans act like any criticism of Prime CU makes someone a hater. I think him hitting the topic hard after the pathetic performance in Saturday's loss had something to do with the crap he dealt with last week.
Rome is still on the radio?

Rome is still on the radio?
He had a tv show up until February on CBS Network, I think? I didn't watch much of it, but I believe it's on X now. As far as radio, no idea there? Haven't listened to him in a long time. After his tour stop in Albuquerque I attended, it started going downhill from there. He was already having trouble with radio back then and the tour stop wasn't very impressive other than the guests that showed up.

Adam said there was a clip from this week of Colin Cowherd saying we are on academic probation.
No. I heard it. Colin was talking in a long metaphor about how Iowa used to be the program that teased you that maybe they were good and then they would get obliterated against a top team. But that they've graduated from that through years of consistently showing what they are. CU replaces them in whatever the label he used was. That label was something that had to do with college in a literal sense, but applied here metaphorically. Saying that CU football is on academic probation was a joke that extended the metaphor about the state of the program.

No. I heard it. Colin was talking in a long metaphor about how Iowa used to be the program that teased you that maybe they were good and then they would get obliterated against a top team. But that they've graduated from that through years of consistently showing what they are. CU replaces them in whatever the label he used was. That label was something that had to do with college in a literal sense, but applied here metaphorically. Saying that CU football is on academic probation was a joke that extended the metaphor about the state of the program.
Gotcha, I only saw what Adam tweeted.

The metaphor was that Iowa used to be the “fake ID of college football” and now CU is. It was a complete stretch of a metaphor but I guess it ultimately made sense. Either way, Adam must have heard the clip taken out of context and ran with it because it was a clear metaphor

I could fvcking care less what Colin was trying to do or did do. I didn't hear what y'all are talking about. Anyway, that dude is a fvcking clown so I doubt I missed much. :D

I'm surprised that no one has came up with a bingo board for all the reasons people hate Colorado. Last week we had that pathetic story about Coach Prime telling the band not to play the fight song when SS2 scores. What is it going to be this week?

I'm surprised that no one has came up with a bingo board for all the reasons people hate Colorado. Last week we had that pathetic story about Coach Prime telling the band not to play the fight song when SS2 scores. What is it going to be this week?
Not sure? Which goal post(s) will be moved?

Back