What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Colorado Haters Thread

You're a jerk, I think. Kind of a bully too.
Imagine any sane person caring about what you think. You’ve got no actual argument, so you do a driveby to insult me in a way that holds no bearing on my life.

This message from is the bind you and those like you wish to place upon Black people. Either we’re passive and accept our place to avoid being a “jerk” or a “bully” for correctly pointing out racism (not a win for Black voices) or we stand up for ourselves and call things as they are.

The tone and velocity of critique levied on Prime is different than white coaches in similar circumstances. Apparently, in your world, disagreeing with people who say that such behavior is “deserved” makes me a bad person.

Fine. I’ll be your bogeyman. If people like you don’t want to be called out for saying insane sh!t, be better.

I mean...they did last year, and we still won by 3 scores 🤷
It's a completely different situation. Last year would have been a very close game if they had a mediocre QB.

I do worry about the Hank-Benson interior duo. Both got beat multiple times 1-1 by NDSU DL.

This will be a very close game, and I think Nebraska being favored is pretty fair

Is this the same crew that thought we'd lose last week and that we were CSU? Buncha cast off old heads demoted to the C team on a sports network that other than one SEC game each Saturday is relegated to giving us throw away games from the AAC and Conference USA. Sorry if I don't completely trust or care what they say.
And they are toting the company line when Prime called out CBS. Skippy is annoying now

Some high school friends are hating on the team for celebrating after the win and for the "concert". Saying they were acting like they just won a playoff game lol. Getting upset about college kids celebrating a win is a weird thing to get upset by.
Acting like you've been there before was never a mantra Sanders could wrap his head around. It's perfect for our fanbase.

It's a completely different situation. Last year would have been a very close game if they had a mediocre QB.

I do worry about the Hank-Benson interior duo. Both got beat multiple times 1-1 by NDSU DL.

This will be a very close game, and I think Nebraska being favored is pretty fair
Fair post other than the point about it possibly being close last year with a better QB. That NU team was a mess. They are markedly better this year. So are we, though. Despite what anyone says, this is a rivalry and most assuredly their super bowl this season. It's also the game that scares me more than any other on the schedule.

Acting like you've been there before was never a mantra Sanders could wrap his head around. It's perfect for our fanbase.
I don't get this comment? Unlike you, Sanders has been everywhere before. Literally the one of the elite men at the highest levels of the sport. If he's ok with it, maybe you, in your basement, could think, "maybe I'm wrong on this one."

I don't get this comment? Unlike you, Sanders has been everywhere before. Literally the one of the elite men at the highest levels of the sport. If he's ok with it, maybe you, in your basement, could think, "maybe I'm wrong on this one."
Maybe, just maybe, soundfisher is not the CU super fan that he claims to be. And maybe he’s not exactly intellectually honest about his thoughts on Sanders.
One of the last glorious moments before the decades long tailspin that continues today with Coach Crime

Maybe, just maybe, soundfisher is not the CU super fan that he claims to be. And maybe he’s not exactly intellectually honest about his thoughts on Sanders.
If I had the misfortune of being a Husker fan, I would pretend to be a CU fan too.

And honestly, the self-righteous duplicity is what I've come to expect from much of their fanbase.

FWIW, I think about the racism a Black American has personally experienced, has had to witness Black friends & family experience, and see the history of slavery, Jim Crow and other institutionalized racism that makes up American history... and I come away kind of thankful and thinking "probably a better person than I would be" whenever a Black American isn't a militant asshole who automatically distrusts and dislikes all White people.
Have a ton of respect for the Black people out there, especially those who are in professional situations where they are very much both small in numbers and relatively new in terms of even having those positions available to them.

As a white man from a fairly sheltered background it's hard for me to imagine dealing with both the overt and subtle racism that these people still face as a part of their daily lives. Even though not being in their position I probably don't even see or recognize much of it I do know absolutely that it is there.

We can look back to the time of Jackie Robinson integrating Major League Baseball. As great a player as he was Branch Rickey of the Dodgers acknowledged that he wasn't the best player in the ***** Leagues. They signed him first because they knew that he would face unspeakable discrimination and that he was the best choice to handle this racism without allowing it to push him into responding in a way that would damage the prospects for the team and future Black players.

Well, we are now 76 years down the road but racism is still a reality in America. It generally looks different now and there are legal protections in place but for those who are discriminated against it is still just as real.

And building on what Jackie Robinson started those people of color and members of other groups who are still bearing the brunt of discrimination we owe a great deal of respect for those who endure what they shouldn't have to while opening doors for others who will follow them.

Back