What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

You tell me

View attachment 74107
This is her normal non-posing face
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

Post pics of your wife and your best hookups, posing or candid. The council will audit and provide feedback

I’m sure your wife is a nice lady, so I will be fair and just in my assessment
OMFG... I am literally in tears laughing right now. You didn't just say... Post photos of your wife, so I can comment on how she looks.
Dude, it has taken me 5 minutes to type this, I am laughing too hard to type and wiping literal tears 😂😂😂

Funny thinking back to last year when Prime gave his jersey number speech where everybody had to earn their number, single digits were for dawgs only, there weren't going to be multiple players with the same number and nobody was getting #1.

Funny thinking back to last year when Prime gave his jersey number speech where everybody had to earn their number, single digits were for dawgs only, there weren't going to be multiple players with the same number and nobody was getting #1.
I think he's staying true to not letting D-linemen wearing single digits.

Seeing Javier Edwards wearing a single digit number looked weird to me too.

Last edited:
I think there were some ”rules” and other things that he had to realize were never going to fly at the P4 level if he wanted to compete with the best for top kids.

Are you implying the guys getting single digits this year, are not dawgs?

What makes you think the rules have changed?

Are you implying the guys getting single digits this year, are not dawgs?

What makes you think the rules have changed?
I’m not suggesting the guys aren’t dawgs. I’m saying he’s handing the single digits out a lot and mostly to new guys, he’s allowing multiple players with the same number, and if I had to guess, #1 will get handed out.

I think he realized that numbers are a major part of a player’s brand and if he’s going to be the coach that helps build brands, he is going to have to allow some of his “rules” to slide.

FWIW, I also think he overestimated the pull of “real” NIL (branding, social media, etc) that he can pitch to a blue chip recruit/transfer, and underestimated the fact that most of them are just going to take the bag, which is why “NFL not NIL” isn’t talked about much and they have started playing the collective bag game on a level to compete with most programs.

I think earning your number last year was a one-off motivational technique. It gave the players a goalpost to aim at and helped to set the tone for a cobbled together roster. It also gave all of us something to talk about every day of camp. Now that there's a lot more incumbent players (and interesting storylines), I'm not sure it makes sense to go back to a blank slate numbers-wise. Maybe it would make sense for the freshmen to have to earn a number but I don't think it will be a teamwide thing this year.

I think earning your number last year was a one-off motivational technique. It gave the players a goalpost to aim at and helped to set the tone for a cobbled together roster. It also gave all of us something to talk about every day of camp. Now that there's a lot more incumbent players (and interesting storylines), I'm not sure it makes sense to go back to a blank slate numbers-wise. Maybe it would make sense for the freshmen to have to earn a number but I don't think it will be a teamwide thing this year.
It's a good strategy when you're starting from a clean slate. It can also be a good long-term culture thing, particularly if you're an underdog program that doesn't have the NIL resources of competitors. For example, Bronco's doing that at UNM (players even have to accomplish certain requirements to receive different pieces from all their Nike swag). He's got a program mantra of "Earned. Not Given." I think some elements of that work for Prime CU, but there's also a need in our circumstance to do a lot of the Dan Hurley stuff of "You're in an elite program. All this stuff you get from facilities to coaching to training to food to swag to donor support to fame? It comes with a larger expectation of professionalism and you have to earn your right to remain in this program." This Hurley type culture is what I think we're evolving into quickly.

It's a good strategy when you're starting from a clean slate. It can also be a good long-term culture thing, particularly if you're an underdog program that doesn't have the NIL resources of competitors. For example, Bronco's doing that at UNM (players even have to accomplish certain requirements to receive different pieces from all their Nike swag). He's got a program mantra of "Earned. Not Given." I think some elements of that work for Prime CU, but there's also a need in our circumstance to do a lot of the Dan Hurley stuff of "You're in an elite program. All this stuff you get from facilities to coaching to training to food to swag to donor support to fame? It comes with a larger expectation of professionalism and you have to earn your right to remain in this program." This Hurley type culture is what I think we're evolving into quickly.
I think he thought he could do things radically different here than they way the top programs do things, and found out that’s really not the case

Agree with this,

They knew in the coaches offices last year that it was going to be a difficult year, that despite massive improvements in some areas that the LOS was going to be a struggle at best, and that they needed to keep players focused.

Wouldn't be surprised if they haven't addressed the numbers issue in private. New guys, you have to earn the ability to choose a number. Existing guys, last year you earned yours but if you slack there is no guarantee that you keep it.

This will come with an understanding that if guy doesn't work hard enough to justify keeping his number he likely isn't going to be around next year to argue about it.

Last season because of the massive amount of new guys coming in, many who were either taking a jump in the level of competition or who hadn't performed up to expectations at their prior school a focus had to be on each individual getting better and meeting a standard.

This season while all of that still applies the bigger focus has to be on contributing to the team and each persons contributions leading to success for the team.

Expect to see some kind of game by game recognition for the guys who stood out in the games, who were the dogs on the field.

Back