What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

looking at my social media feeds and seeing a lot of advertising for single game tickets. also noting the lack of posts re: dynamic pricing driving ticket prices over $400 -- I'm assuming tickets are moving much slower this year than last.

first, if anyone has data confirming or contradicting my assumption, TIA for posting. I haven't counted dots on the sales page.

however, assuming I'm correct about tickets not selling like they did last year, I'm guessing the following factors in relative order of significance:
1. the shiny newness of the Sanders' era hit it's peak last year
2. the schedule is just not as attractive (no NU, and fans don't like the XII teams as much as the Pac 12 teams)
3. last year's results, especially the second half of the season, caused casual fans to check out a bit
4. Broncos fans are more engaged this year than last and local sports fans' entertainment dollars and time are going to the NFL

thoughts?
I am not seeing any drop really. I have sold the NDSU, Cincinnati and KSt games. 2 Seats for each in sec 105 Row 42 on the aisle and I have netted $2700 after fees for those 6 tickets. Paid for my season tix essentially and I am going to the Baylor game as well as the OkSt game. Still have the Utah tix on the site for sale but plenty of time for those to sell as well.

Demand is there.

Spent the afternoon going back and forth comparing camp videos from last year to now. Will continue to do so.

Already, I'm...
Oh My God Wow GIF

WR is crowded.

Hunter, Sheppard, Wester and Horn is a nasty starting 4 and that doesn’t even include Omarion Miller who has the talent to be WR2, Baby TO, Terrell Timmons who has proven himself at the P5 level, and then blue chips Drelon Miller and Kam Mikell. Throw in Kaleb Mathis who would have probably been a starter on any CU team of the past 20 years, and this is probably the deepest and most talented position group CU has had since the Barnett years.

WR is crowded.

Hunter, Sheppard, Wester and Horn is a nasty starting 4 and that doesn’t even include Omarion Miller who has the talent to be WR2, Baby TO, Terrell Timmons who has proven himself at the P5 level, and then blue chips Drelon Miller and Kam Mikell. Throw in Kaleb Mathis who would have probably been a starter on any CU team of the past 20 years, and this is probably the deepest and most talented position group CU has had since the Barnett years.
It has the chance to be elite with the overall talent and Shedeur.

Last year it seemed all the WR's were same stature and ability wise (outside of Travis). Shephard, Baby TO, and Timmons gives them those big bodied receivers they didn't have last year.

WR is crowded.

Simply loaded. Should take some pressure off Travis too

WR is crowded.

It has the chance to be elite with the overall talent and Shedeur.

Last year it seemed all the WR's were same stature and ability wise (outside of Travis). Shephard, Baby TO, and Timmons gives them those big bodied receivers they didn't have last year.
WRs are an impressive group, last years group was very good.

Expect the difference this year is that with a much improved line in front of him Shedeur will actually have time to let them run their routes and find them.

Need to be able to run the ball, too. I’m excited to see how the ground game progresses with safeties and LBs unable to crowd the LOS.
100%

Beyond all the situational benefits, if defenses have to put an extra guy in the box or cheat up a safety while respecting play action then Shedeur is going to be like he's playing a video game on easy mode.

100%

Beyond all the situational benefits, if defenses have to put an extra guy in the box or cheat up a safety while respecting play action then Shedeur is going to be like he's playing a video game on easy mode.
That and it never hurts a QB to be able to hand the ball off a couple times, not worry about getting hit or reading a defense, and then come up to the line at 3rd and 3.

And as an offensive lineman getting to beat on your guy a few plays in run blocking tends to take a lot out of them and slow them down on the pass rush.

WR is crowded.

I don’t remember being deep at receiver during the Barnett years. I remember having like one beast and one speedster per season.

Back