What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

I realize there's talk in the specific thread for the recruit, but I can't believe more people aren't posting here about the Cormani McClain rumors that are getting stronger. I realize this could be a silly rumor...but as a beaten down fan I would like a chance to dream here. I like wide receivers as much as the next guy...but Top-Ten national atheletes...transformative players... at both cornerback positions can change a whole defense. The sum is greater than the whole of its parts. I can't get my traumatized Buff mind around it.
There’s 0 reason for rumors. He’s in boulder

13 WR's is enough in that room along with the recruited TE who is also a receiving threat plus the other TE's.

Unless some of that 13 are heading out I don't see any reason to be recruiting a WR unless it's for scholarship 85 purposes and we have missed on everyone else we wanted. Hunter also plays WR and if I remember correctly would be our highest rated WR recruit also if he elected to play WR full time. I believe he was a 5-star Wr recruit also. I'm pretty sure he is going to be running 5-10 routes a game and I think he will be in during 2 minute drills and 4th quarter drives that are critical until the other group of young WR's have acclimated to college.

Yeah, from what I've seen he doesn't seem like Prime or Hunter in regards to the cameras. More introverted. But I haven't seen much of him so who knows.
Not everyone loves the spotlight away from the stage. He's still a kid, too. I expect he'll grow and adapt, but I doubt it will ever be his favorite part of his career path.

You ever heard that even on bad teams...someone has to put up numbers? Tyson was a niceish player for 2022 Colorado.

Rice is bigger, just as fast, and just as or more athletic than Tyson.

I like Tyson. I do, but we need better players than him as WR 1

With how horrific the QBs played in 2022, no, someone did not have to put up numbers.

You ever heard that even on bad teams...someone has to put up numbers? Tyson was a niceish player for 2022 Colorado.

Rice is bigger, just as fast, and just as or more athletic than Tyson.

I like Tyson. I do, but we need better players than him as WR 1
Yes, Rice was on a really bad team as well at CU, and put up worse numbers in more games with a year of experience. There is also putting up big numbers because you have the Heisman winner throwing you the ball. Rice only did that in one game when the better WR's were out.

I'm not arguing that CU couldn't use an all-american WR1, only that Rice isn't that person and that Tyson has showed more promise as a freshman than Rice. Would I like Rice on the team...absolutely.

I’m not sure I get this graph. Obviously you want to be above 0 but I don’t get how ND is where they are or what it means to be where Indiana or Okie State are.
Seems to be going by snaps played by the guys they lost vs the guys they gained. Notre Dame traded backups for starters. Some of the others, not so much.

There are obviously some inherent flaws with the methodology predicting whether it's a roster upgrade or not (ND's backups were better than a lot of FBS starters), but it's part of the puzzle for evaluating if you also look at productivity, transfer & HS ratings, and transfer offer lists.

Seems to be going by snaps played by the guys they lost vs the guys they gained. Notre Dame traded backups for starters. Some of the others, not so much.

There are obviously some inherent flaws with the methodology predicting whether it's a roster upgrade or not (ND's backups were better than a lot of FBS starters), but it's part of the puzzle for evaluating if you also look at productivity, transfer & HS ratings, and transfer offer lists.
It helps they got Hartman.

That's really all we need to know. They had what was a Top 15 roster on talent and added a proven top FBS veteran QB. Pretty much cements them as one of the ten best teams in the country for 2023.

That one doesn't take a lot of number crunching analysis.😁
This. They should be good enough to make the playoffs but USC, Clemson, and Ohio State is on their schedule. Not a cakewalk for sure

13 WR's is enough in that room along with the recruited TE who is also a receiving threat plus the other TE's.

Unless some of that 13 are heading out I don't see any reason to be recruiting a WR unless it's for scholarship 85 purposes and we have missed on everyone else we wanted. Hunter also plays WR and if I remember correctly would be our highest rated WR recruit also if he elected to play WR full time. I believe he was a 5-star Wr recruit also. I'm pretty sure he is going to be running 5-10 routes a game and I think he will be in during 2 minute drills and 4th quarter drives that are critical until the other group of young WR's have acclimated to college.
At least 4 of those WRs will be pushed out. Dead weight.

Back