What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Boulder campus is a great place to be when it’s cold.
nipples GIF

I'm not really "concerned"....I just wish that we had our normal spectacular CO winter to show off to the recruits since we don't have the cache that those programs do.
We have far better skiing, during any year.

Also, hiking, running, cycling, and-of course-views: How ‘bout dem flatirons? If it comes down to the environmentals…we win. They are playing on our field, then.

@Leon Sandcastle said it best... Those are programs with far more cache than CU, so many players are willing to dismiss the weather to go there. There is also much better natural recruiting grounds in that area of the country than in and around Colorado. Regardless of all that, yes, there are definitely some recruits from the South who aren't interested in cold weather programs, including Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, etc. Our current Head Coach is an example of that.

Prime helps CU overcome that mindset with many recruits who otherwise wouldn't even consider CU, but there is still a portion of elite recruits who likely won't consider Boulder because of the potential for cold weather.

Also, people keep throwing out the IPF and the weather during the majority of the season as reason why the cold shouldn't be a big deal, but many seem to forget that these kids don't just exist in Boulder for practices and Saturdays during the Fall. This is a place they are going to call home for 3-5 years and the vast majority of their time in Boulder will be spent outside of the IPF and Folsom.
Too bad there isn’t a way for CU to simulate SEC “fall” camp - crank the IPF heat to 101 and humidity to 90. Then make them do sprints.

This is being over thought. Most these kids are excited to see snow, especially for the 1st time.
And even if they don't sign with the Buffs many will go on and play at a school where they have a winter. Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin, Rutgers, etc......

It's depressing to see this thread in light type;

Both. Adam is the man and he deserves a quality sidekick
Agreed, but I worded my question poorly and without context. I meant did he post something or say something in a podcast about his concerns? I want to see this freezing cold take

Agreed, but I worded my question poorly and without context. I meant did he post something or say something in a podcast about his concerns? I want to see this freezing cold take
The thread posted above is just Maximus and other boomers whining about a 2024 OL recruit that doesn’t have a rating or many offers yet. As if it isn’t January of 2023 and there’s plenty of time

Back