What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

There’s really no way ON3 will be able to compete with 247’s network. Their marketing and content is pretty desperate to say the least.

They may be able to troll for some clicks, but 247 has a stranglehold on the product and service this whole recruiting system runs on.
That’s what people said about 247 when they started and the existing powers were in play. I view it as a wait and see. Their ranking tactics may get a few extra subs in the short term. Don’t see it as a long term correct strategy.

I’m actually dreading the Boomer cryfest about the new uniforms
Put me in the camp of not typically wanting **** with our uniforms - I liked our traditional look (and hate the CU storm trooper…btw, our white helmets just look like off, like the logo looks brown or something and we look like Wyoming).
HOWEVER…if there were ever a time blow up our unis to match one r current feels, it’s now. Im actually excited to see what comes out.

*side note, I hope Coach Sanders makes CU make a CU hat like the JSU one he wore a lot, with just a C on it. I used to have one, it was a throwback baseball hat and looked sick. It died and I can’t find one anymore.

That’s what people said about 247 when they started and the existing powers were in play. I view it as a wait and see. Their ranking tactics may get a few extra subs in the short term. Don’t see it as a long term correct strategy.
They got somethings I like more than 247. That's their rankings of damn near every transfer. I might not agree with their score but I like that no one is being blatantly missed

Shannon Terry obviously sees new things to capitalize on in the space for him to be doing his 3rd company of basically the same thing
They are far more creative. They just take massive risk with their rankings and because they are so new, you can't burn them yet on their scores. The biggest thing I see as their issue is their willingness to curb scores in favor of the big brands in CF.

While a lot of people knock it, I like their transfer portal ranking. Basically, it's saying this is not just what you gained but what you lost as well. That matters.

Last edited:
I don't like the stripe on the helmet.
season 13 GIF

They are far more creative. They just take massive risk with their rankings and because they are so new, you can't burn them yet on their scores. The biggest thing I see as their issue is their willingness to curb scores in favor of the big brands in CF.

While a lot of people knock it, I like their transfer portal ranking. Basically, it's saying this is not just what you gained but what you lost as well. That matters.

Well after carefully looking at their top ranking school, obviously their methodology is excellent

Well after carefully looking at their top ranking school, obviously their methodology is excellent
Even without Colorado being ranked high, it makes sense. What makes CU more amazing is that they lost no walkons so their prospect ranking is massively different than let's say UCLA who lost nothing but walk ons, 3rd stringers and an underachieving starter.

Last edited:
Even without Colorado being ranked high, it makes sense. What makes CU more amazing and they lost no walk on so their prospect ranking is massively different than let's say UCLA who lost nothing but walk ons, 3rd stringers and an underachieving starter.
@Buffnik was asking for this style of Ranking the other day. It does make sense for the transfer market

Back