What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

I'm the other one.

I put it out there to see if there was any response.
Shone's recent pics show him in a Buffs uniform. I know that doesn't mean all that much, but he would be a nice addition for depth at a position that needs a bit of it.

Nothing ground breaking here, but I’ll skim every article that lists CU as #1. They also had the Trojans as #5. That game is going to be a serious buzzsaw for us.

This article is very fair to the Buffs. And yeah, USC is going to be loaded this season with an improved defense and an electric offense.

Syracuse oriented article on his recruitment. Among many other things noted, it says he's got a CU visit planned for 6/23.

Direct link to article - https://www.si.com/college/syracuse...ing-2023-juco-offensive-lineman-issiah-walker

“Back on the market, Walker knows what he's looking for at his next landing spot.

‘Family atmosphere and a coach to push me to become the best I can be,"’ Walker said.”

This sounds like he just got off a call with HCP. lol

SIAP, but Neely was on DNVR Buffs yesterday and he said over 400 players are coming to the JUCO/walk-on camp. It’ll be interesting to see how many earn a scholarship or PWO.
These coaches already have a very good idea of who they want, unlikely that somebody "pops up" in a camp that they didn't already know about and becomes a scholarship target.

Might be a few kids who they have had as plan B types or were on the fence about who could show enough to solidify an offer but I'd put this number pretty low.

Where the real impact could be is in PWOs.

They only get a certain number of PWO slots (can have any number of walk-ons but those beyond the PWO slots can't practice or do team activities until about when school starts) and we haven't heard about a lot of those being used yet.

Fair expectation based on what we have seen so far from the staff is that the PWO's Prime brings in will include a number of guys who would have been scholarship takes in the past. If you don't belong at this level or have a realistic chance of developing into that Prime doesn't want you around

These coaches already have a very good idea of who they want, unlikely that somebody "pops up" in a camp that they didn't already know about and becomes a scholarship target.

Might be a few kids who they have had as plan B types or were on the fence about who could show enough to solidify an offer but I'd put this number pretty low.

They only get a certain number of PWO slots (can have any number of walk-ons but those beyond the PWO slots can't practice or do team activities until about when school starts) and we haven't heard about a lot of those being used yet.

Fair expectation based on what we have seen so far from the staff is that the PWO's Prime brings in will include a number of guys who would have been scholarship takes in the past. If you don't belong at this level or have a realistic chance of developing into that Prime doesn't want you around
Disagree. 400+ is a huge number. I think the chances that a couple show the athletic ability and dog mentality that CP is looking for is actually pretty high. Maybe not guys who will crack the two deep, but some scholarship players are never going to be more than special teams or scout team players.

Disagree. 400+ is a huge number. I think the chances that a couple show the athletic ability and dog mentality that CP is looking for is actually pretty high. Maybe not guys who will crack the two deep, but some scholarship players are never going to be more than special teams or scout team players.
They can tell quickly who got it and who doesn't have it

Syracuse oriented article on his recruitment. Among many other things noted, it says he's got a CU visit planned for 6/23.

Direct link to article - https://www.si.com/college/syracuse...ing-2023-juco-offensive-lineman-issiah-walker

My daughter told me, junior year, she wanted to go to Syracuse. One of the few times I over-rode her desires on an important issue. She is now very happy living in Boulder and being a Buff, and thanks me for talking her out of NY. The winters off of Lake Erie, just add to the suckiness of that place.

Should be an easy choice for Issiah.

We aren't in disagreement. I said the number will be low, you said a couple which out of 400 is pretty low.

You correctly state than not every scholarship needs to go to a guy who will be a starter. They do though want guys who they see as contributing be that developing into a starter, providing quality depth, or worst case just pushing the starters to be better players in practice.

As stated I expect that the staff already has a few guys in mind that they want to see with their own eyes in the camp setting.

Key point thought is that just like everything else he does Prime isn't going to waste time and space on kids who can't or won't contribute in a real way to the program. The standards have been raised and it would be no surprise if they leave a space unused rather than fill it with somebody who isn't 100% about contributing to what they want to do.

Bringing in 400 is a huge effort, if they didn't expect to get something out of it they wouldn't do it but most of the 400 will be leaving with nothing more than a memory and a t-shirt.

We aren't in disagreement. I said the number will be low, you said a couple which out of 400 is pretty low.

You correctly state than not every scholarship needs to go to a guy who will be a starter. They do though want guys who they see as contributing be that developing into a starter, providing quality depth, or worst case just pushing the starters to be better players in practice.

As stated I expect that the staff already has a few guys in mind that they want to see with their own eyes in the camp setting.

Key point thought is that just like everything else he does Prime isn't going to waste time and space on kids who can't or won't contribute in a real way to the program. The standards have been raised and it would be no surprise if they leave a space unused rather than fill it with somebody who isn't 100% about contributing to what they want to do.

Bringing in 400 is a huge effort, if they didn't expect to get something out of it they wouldn't do it but most of the 400 will be leaving with nothing more than a memory and a t-shirt.
Rudy. Rudy. Rudy.

Disagree 100%. There will be some studs that just "appear". Anyone who has ever been to these camps knows.

Disagree 100%. There will be some studs that just "appear". Anyone who has ever been to these camps knows.
If they didn't hope for this they wouldn't be bringing these guys in but the odds on any one individual being that are very low.

If they find a couple worthy of bringing back they will be happy.

And again keep in mind that the standard has been set higher than it was.

They are more likely to find some PWOs out of this group than guys they offer scholarships but looking at the guys this staff has been bringing in (and chasing away) since they got here it is a very reasonable expectation that we will see multiple PWOs on next years team that are better football players than some of the guys we had on scholarship in recent seasons, we aren't taking scraps any more.

Back