What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alfano arrested

C'mon man, there's obtuse and then there's whatever this is
What good is talent that never sees the field? Three high schools in 4 years. Kicked out of Bama before his Freshman season even began. Suspended by CU and needed to be reinstated within a few months of being at CU. Nowhere close to seeing the field right now.

You and Scheck, “but he just needs another few chances!”. But I’m obtuse?

What good is talent that never sees the field? Three high schools in 4 years. Kicked out of Bama before his Freshman season even began. Suspended by CU and needed to be reinstated within a few months of being at CU. Nowhere close to seeing the field right now.

Now you're moving the goalposts. Does he not have any talent or does he have character issues?

Not every kid matures and develops on the same timetable and then there's the not insignificant impact his condition has on attitude and behavior. Do you invest in him and help him reach his potential or cut him and toss him to the curb?

As a fan and as a human being who's taught high school and worked with young adults my answer is the same no matter which of those hats I'm wearing.

Only an issue if CU makes it one? So again, this isn’t an Alfano problem, it’s a CU problem?? Weird take. Alfano made this a problem when he decided to commit crimes.

He’s proven himself to be completely unreliable. I hope he gets his life in order, but not on CU’s dime.
You don't know enough to talk like that. They recently discovered the kid is epileptic. He likely has collateral problems that may affect his behaviors and ability to control them. CU assumed responsibility for this kid (the term is en loco parentis - local parents) and if the disease is discovered on CU's watch, they just don't send him away. The point is I don't know what's wrong with him and you sure don't either.

You don't know enough to talk like that. They recently discovered the kid is epileptic. He likely has collateral problems that may affect his behaviors and ability to control them. CU assumed responsibility for this kid (the term is en loco parentis - local parents) and if the disease is discovered on CU's watch, they just don't send him away. The point is I don't know what's wrong with him and you sure don't either.
That’s fine. But he doesn’t need to be a member of the football team.

Yes. At CU, he was suspended once and now this. I really couldn’t care less about what happened before CU. He has obviously stuck it out in Boulder and is on the verge of getting his health issues under control and getting back on the field. We’ll see what the details are with this arrest, but they are misdemeanor charges. I would like him to play football for CU.

Yes. At CU, he was suspended once and now this. I really couldn’t care less about what happened before CU. He has obviously stuck it out in Boulder and is on the verge of getting his health issues under control and getting back on the field. We’ll see what the details are with this arrest, but they are misdemeanor charges. I would like him to play football for CU.
I think the entirety of your argument is your last sentence. The rest is just your attempt to justify it.

I think the entirety of your argument is your last sentence. The rest is just your attempt to justify it.
Correct and I’m not really hiding from that. I’m debating the assertion that he should be dismissed, because I would like to see him play for this program.

The conversation that was had yesterday in the off-season thread is very relevant here. How CU handles this will be very telling.

Correct and I’m not really hiding from that. I’m debating the assertion that he should be dismissed, because I would like to see him play for this program.

The conversation that was had yesterday in the off-season thread is very relevant here. How CU handles this will be very telling.
So keep quitters and criminals or we’re small-time?

Id rather not root for the same behavior that we **** on Nebraska for.

Last edited:
Was he not just arrested for <checks notes> crimes?
Trust the process with Alfano, dude. And then settle the hell down. I understand where you are coming from, but it’s not a very restorative or realistic perspective, especially given your (and our) distance from the actual root issue.

Trust the process with Alfano, dude. And then settle the hell down. I understand where you are coming from, but it’s not a very restorative or realistic perspective, especially given your (and our) distance from the actual root issue.
Exactly. This could be an awful story leading to a conviction or a mistake that gets wiped. There’s little doubt KD will be strict with him, and he already has been. I don’t know why people expect every 19-20 year old to be a fully mature adult, when some take quite a bit longer, me included. (As I recall, the male brain doesn’t fully develop until around 26, and impluse control is the last part to mature, and that’s just the norm.) Of course, if he caused someone harm, that’s a deal breaker. Gone.

There’s little doubt that his medical condition can create instability and mood issues, which when properly handled (or medicated) can lead to a very different person. I don’t see him playing football anytime soon, but helping him and be patient with him does us no harm.

Actually, no.

"Suspicion of harassment" charge in order to arrest, but that's not the same as alleging a crime. It's a good faith action by law enforcement when someone alleges something like stalking but there's no real proof.
So what would he be arrested for?
Harassment and resisting arrest are no longer crimes? Strange because the article states they’re misdemeanors. Are they in error?

I did a whole long post in his recruit thread dealing with his behavior and where he is in life.

Situations like his are why we let the process play out, why we do investigations and why we try to take our time and make informed decisions.

We are all fans or we wouldn't be here but this might just be a time for us to consider being human ahead of being a fan.

I've stated before that my selfish interest is that I want to see him on the football field wrecking opponents. Right now though it is much more important that as a human being he is able to get his health under control, get his life under control, and be able to go on and live the rest of his life in as normal and productive a manner as possible.

Do you know him? This feels oddly personal for you.
I don’t know him and it’s not personal. In my opinion he has exhausted his opportunities at each and every stop, while never accepting responsibility for his behavior and instead deciding to blame everyone else.
Now he has graduated to actual criminal conduct.

I didn’t realize it would be such a controversial thing for me to suggest the kid is told to move on.

So what would he be arrested for?
Harassment and resisting arrest are no longer crimes? Strange because the article states they’re misdemeanors. Are they in error?
It's just Suspicion of Harassment at this point. That could be as little as someone filing a report that he directed obscene language at them & the cops diffusing it by arresting him.

And, frankly, none of should believe a Resisting Arrest charge these days.

It's just Suspicion of Harassment at this point. That could be as little as someone filing a report that he directed obscene language at them & the cops diffusing it by arresting him.

And, frankly, none of should believe a Resisting Arrest charge these days.
But just so we’re both on the same page- he was arrested and charged with two misdemeanors, correct?

Um, no. "Arrested and facing charges" is not the same as "arrested and charged".
Antonio Alfano, 20, a CU defensive end, was arrested in Broomfield on Jan. 7, court records show. The charges are both misdemeanors. Records show he has no other charges issued against him in Colorado.

CU Boulder spokesman Joshua Lindenstein released a statement in response to Alfano’s arrest.

We are aware of the charges against Mr. Alfano, and we take such allegations very seriously,” the statement read. “The charges have been reported to our Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance in accordance with university policy for further investigation.”
Broomfield police spokesperson Jennifer King-Sullivan said Alfano was released Jan. 8 from Broomfield County Detention Center on a personal recognizance bond. Court records show Alfano is scheduled for an arraignment Feb. 10.
??? Not sure how much clearer it can get.

Back