What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alfano arrested

Agreed. The top overall recruit in the country from last year fell into CU’s lap. I would like to see him make it on the field.

*Shrugs*

If he makes it, he makes it. You are trying to use him as a narrative just as much as Gary.

You think CU cutting him loose would show a lot. That is definitely a narrative.
Yes, short of him being convicted of something truly bad, I believe cutting him loose would show a lot about what CU cares about... Along the same lines as the conversation yesterday.

Yes, short of him being convicted of something truly bad, I believe cutting him loose would show a lot about what CU cares about... Along the same lines as the conversation yesterday.

The whole saga is strange. I doubt he is booted for this arrest, but you seem to be arguing for just up to the line of "anything goes."

Misdemeanor harassment is one of those charges that has a huge range, from total BS to very minor to totally cringeworthy. It’s not a cut and dried charge like theft, for instance. Verbal disputes on the street may result in a harassment charge.Arguing with a shopkeeper over a mask could result in a harassment charge. So could being a creep stalker. Because it’s a CU football player, the story will get covered and the details will come up out soon enough.

The whole saga is strange. I doubt he is booted for this arrest, but you seem to be arguing for just up to the line of "anything goes."
I am withholding final judgement until there is more information; I was just arguing with Gary about this “he gone” attitude at this moment.

This goes hand in hand w the conversation yesterday, though. How close to “the line” is CU willing to go? There is no rule that says they need to dismiss a player for an arrest over misdemeanors. Does Alfano get dismissed for this at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, tOSU, etc?

I am withholding final judgement until there is more information; I was just arguing with Gary about this “he gone” attitude at this moment.

This goes hand in hand w the conversation yesterday, though. How close to “the line” is CU willing to go? There is no rule that says they need to dismiss a player for an arrest over misdemeanors. Does Alfano get dismissed for this at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, tOSU, etc?

It also goes hand in hand with that discussion because people just post vague arguments about "the line" as justification for CU being wrong.

It also goes hand in hand with that discussion because people just post vague arguments about "the line" as justification for CU being wrong.
Yes. “The line” is a term commonly used to describe the tipping point between bending and breaking the rules. You know this.

Yes. “The line” is a term commonly used to describe the tipping point between bending and breaking the rules. You know this.

But it is undefined, which is the whole point.

Some of you want to cheat and not toss players, but are not willing to define that line, which allows CU to be a very convenient punching bag without really arguing for anything.

*Shrugs*

If he makes it, he makes it. You are trying to use him as a narrative just as much as Gary.
Not trying to construct a narrative, just giving my opinion. I’m well aware that many disagree with that opinion and that’s their choice.

My opinion is based on a few simple observations.
-Does Alfano have a history of erratic and selfish behavior? Yes.
-This behavior has happened at all of his stops so far, so this isn’t a CU issue.
-Has Alfano been given the chance to redeem himself and the tools to do so? Yup.
-He has failed to capitalize on these second chances.
- If I had to wager whether AA will ever be a productive member of the team, I’d put the odds around 10%.
-Add to this- none of his teammates ever stickup for him. Not at Bama and not here. Quite the opposite. I believe it was Mustafa who tweeted this Fall that he didn’t even consider him to be a part of the team.

Now AA is actually in trouble with the law.
Given all of this, I would support cutting him.

Not trying to construct a narrative, just giving my opinion. I’m well aware that many disagree with that opinion and that’s their choice.

My opinion is based on a few simple observations.
-Does Alfano have a history of erratic and selfish behavior? Yes.
-This behavior has happened at all of his stops so far, so this isn’t a CU issue.
-Has Alfano been given the chance to redeem himself and the tools to do so? Yup.
-He has failed to capitalize on these second chances.
- If I had to wager whether AA will ever be a productive member of the team, I’d put the odds around 10%.
-Add to this- none of his teammates ever stickup for him. Not at Bama and not here. Quite the opposite. I believe it was Mustafa who tweeted this Fall that he didn’t even consider him to be a part of the team.

Now AA is actually in trouble with the law.
Given all of this, I would support cutting him.

Yes, there are some red flags.

"Trouble with the law" may very well be overstating it though.

He was arrested and has an arraignment scheduled next month for harassment and resisting arrest. Is that not trouble with the law?

It may mean something or it may mean next to nothing. So there actually might not be any trouble.

But it is undefined, which is the whole point.

Some of you want to cheat and not toss players, but are not willing to define that line.
I actually think this a great example. There are no rules stating CU must dismiss him for this arrest. Some programs would shrug at this and move on about their day. Others would dismiss him.

I actually think this a great example. There are no rules stating CU must dismiss him for this arrest. Some programs would shrug at this and move on about their day. Others would dismiss him.
Alabama and tOSU and the like would’ve moved on when he hit the PUP list to be honest.

I somewhat agree. Most programs would sit the player down, lay down expectations, and move on about their day. Few, if any, would shrug.

He was just diagnosed with epilepsy this week.
Actually his specific type and condition of his epilepsy was just diagnosed this week.

He was known to have epilepsy and had had seizures which is at least part of what was keeping him from participating in team activities. This week just gave them enough of a specific diagnosis to create a treatment plan and hopefully start to work on getting him to a point where he can have a normal life.

Fair to say though that facing a situation like this would be difficult for most people much less someone who is as young as he is and away from home.

We have a lot of people here ready to jump to judgement without knowing a lot of details of the situation.

Nobody at this point knows how this will turn out but I would hope we would be willing to just give it some time to see what the details are and how he handles the situation before life changing decisions are made.

Then we should start calling him Gary.
francesco totti smile GIF by AS Roma

Back