What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

How wonderfully uncomfortable will it be for a few of them when they go to their corporate IT guys and request a new email address.
And then when they have to tell their boss why they needed a new email address.
And then when they try and inform their entire personal network about their new email address.
they will blame Texas. and the victims. this is easy.

they will blame Texas. and the victims. this is easy.
I know who they will blame.

How lame will that sound to the people hearing it though?

Their professional reputations will suffer (even if they don't know or acknowledge that they will); it will be a beautiful thing.

Where's Buddy's email addy? I'd have a few (actually many) choice words for him. :mad:

How wonderfully uncomfortable will it be for a few of them when they go to their corporate IT guys and request a new email address.
And then when they have to tell their boss why they needed a new email address.
And then when they try and inform their entire personal network about their new email address.

If they are comfortable with the crap they have already done in this situation requesting a new E-mail address isn't going to bother them.

In most cases they are the boss and the IT guy works for them, and already knows how much of a pile of crap they are.

I also highly doubt that these are the addresses they use with their personal networks so that isn't a problem either.

Story was quickly picked up nationally. Booting the local news off campus while the President is told he can't talk to the press? Baylor gonna Baylor. They're gonna get crucified for this.

Story was quickly picked up nationally. Booting the local news off campus while the President is told he can't talk to the press? Baylor gonna Baylor. They're gonna get crucified for this.

cfb21.jpg

“Baylor Revolution is a blog about one thing: change. It's time for change. It's time to fight for Baylor.

“For too long, Baylor has been attacked by the regional and national media bent on her destruction. National epidemics being pushed as a Baylor only problem will not go unchallenged any longer. The landscape of college athletics, rooted in the almighty dollar run by media goliaths, is not fond of Baylor Football's emergence. Facing a playing field tilted against them, it's time our coaches and athletes had an unyielding advocate. The future of Baylor clouded in questionable decision-making and one public relations disaster after another simply must change.

“The spirits of old Baylor will not stand for it any longer. It's time for the Baylor Revolution.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/b...y-side-of-college-fandom-221333422-ncaaf.html

Good stuff from Forde.

Saw a HS/College-age girl who was out shopping with her mom yesterday wearing a Baylor t-shirt. It took all my power not to stop her and her mom and ask them if they knew what had happened to Baylor students who are female and how the school responded.

I also highly doubt that these are the addresses they use with their personal networks so that isn't a problem either.
Not personal network. Professional network. The ones they may work with only once every year or two, but it's important for them to know - and to have a good reputation with.

I read the list with interest after noticing a few firms that I've done business with on occasion. I had to double check one name because it sort of rang a bell (not the same person), but there are a lot of people I work with professionally that I would have absolutely no clue if they were on the BOR.

I'm sure that most of their professional networks don't actually know that about them either.

And then they get an email to update their contact information... and the silent judgement begins.

Saw a HS/College-age girl who was out shopping with her mom yesterday wearing a Baylor t-shirt. It took all my power not to stop her and her mom and ask them if they knew what had happened to Baylor students who are female and how the school responded.

b3pkro.jpg

Been following tweets and there are a lot of women defending Baylor. Their main points are:

1. They haven't seen any evidence of Briles having direct involvement or of any proven incidents of sexual assault while players were at Baylor. Since they don't trust these Regents and all they have to go on is their "Findings" with a bunch of generalizations, they do not believe the allegations. In short, the cover-up of the cover-up is what makes all the haters wrong to slander Baylor. Interestingly, this also means that the Baylor faithful are calling for a full release of the Pepper Hamilton report. It would seem that the Baylor BOR is the only group that doesn't want to release this info.

2. The data shows that Baylor does not have a sexual assault problem any more than this is a national problem. In fact, the statistics show that Baylor is one of the safer universities for women. Never mind that the entire scandal is about a university-wide issue of keeping women from reporting and burying reports when they do. The fact that the stats show that Baylor has reported fewer sexual assaults than most other universities means that it is safer.

Baylor gonna Baylor.

For me, a key piece of information involves the story of the relationship between Briles and the women's soccer coach.

The victim who was raped as a freshman by convicted football player Sam Ukwuachu was also subjected a partial loss of her scholarship and was forced to share academic facilities with her assailant. Jane Doe ultimately was awarded an unspecified settlement by Baylor.

When did the soccer coaching staff learn about the assault? Who did the coaching staff contact? Did the coaching staff address the situation with coach Briles? When SU was arrested, and the police notified the university about SU's "personal issues", did they reach out to the women's soccer coaches?

The key piece of the PH report and any other investigation that might come from any civil suit is this relationship between Baylor women's soccer and Baylor football.

Did the Women's soccer coach march over to Briles or an assistant coach and attempt to advocate on behalf of one of her scholarship players who had been raped by the Boise transfer? Can the soccer coach prove that she knew nothing about the assault? What was the soccer coach's knowledge about the player's PTSD? What advice and resources did the Woman's soccer coach share with the victim during this ordeal prior to the transfer?

Or was the soccer coach instructed by the T9 or AD to NOT talk to Briles? Was there willful CYA-related protocols that keep the Women's Soccer coach from adequately supporting her scholarship athlete? This would also be useful to know.

I am hungry to hear a coach from a Women's program make a case as to why Baylor is a safe and compliant place.

The silence from women's coaches in this whole deal is deafening.

For me, a key piece of information involves the story of the relationship between Briles and the women's soccer coach.

The victim who was raped as a freshman by convicted football player Sam Ukwuachu was also subjected a partial loss of her scholarship and was forced to share academic facilities with her assailant. Jane Doe ultimately was awarded an unspecified settlement by Baylor.

When did the soccer coaching staff learn about the assault? Who did the coaching staff contact? Did the coaching staff address the situation with coach Briles? When SU was arrested, and the police notified the university about SU's "personal issues", did they reach out to the women's soccer coaches?

The key piece of the PH report and any other investigation that might come from any civil suit is this relationship between Baylor women's soccer and Baylor football.

Did the Women's soccer coach march over to Briles or an assistant coach and attempt to advocate on behalf of one of her scholarship players who had been raped by the Boise transfer? Can the soccer coach prove that she knew nothing about the assault? What was the soccer coach's knowledge about the player's PTSD? What advice and resources did the Woman's soccer coach share with the victim during this ordeal prior to the transfer?

Or was the soccer coach instructed by the T9 or AD to NOT talk to Briles? Was there willful CYA-related protocols that keep the Women's Soccer coach from adequately supporting her scholarship athlete? This would also be useful to know.

I am hungry to hear a coach from a Women's program make a case as to why Baylor is a safe and compliant place.

The silence from women's coaches in this whole deal is deafening.

Because it's Texas. I'm not sure everyone realizes how much football is king within the culture of the schools there and how powerful a figure the football coach is on campus and around the community. This is especially true in the high schools and Baylor brought that culture to the college level. I mean, we're talking about a state where they build $50MM high school football stadiums in districts where they haven't been able to budget for new textbooks.

Because it's Texas. I'm not sure everyone realizes how much football is king within the culture of the schools there and how powerful a figure the football coach is on campus and around the community. This is especially true in the high schools and Baylor brought that culture to the college level. I mean, we're talking about a state where they build $50MM high school football stadiums in districts where they haven't been able to budget for new textbooks.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

While the "it's Texas" sentiment may be true, it's also an excuse.

Any investigative journalist (from OTL or Texas Monthly or the Waco Trib or DMN or FWST or whatever) would be wise to follow this line of investigation in the absense of any commitment to release the PH report.

If I were the Women Soccer Coach at BU, the SU rape would weigh heavy on my conscience. She should have a moral perigative to clear her name of wrong doing or own up to any missteps she may have taken as part of the heeling process. How the soccer coach is not part of the discussion is a shame, no matter the Texas politics.

This is a big enough national story at this point that there would be an audience for her story.

If she is fearful of retaliation from Baylor for telling the truth, then that's one more strike against Baylor's institutional controls.

Baylor still refusing to release the report, I can only say, for a Christian institution (that is doing the rest of us no favors, btw), one would think they would have a passing familiarity with: "And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free" John 8:32. I guess not...

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

While the "it's Texas" sentiment may be true, it's also an excuse.

Any investigative journalist (from OTL or Texas Monthly or the Waco Trib or DMN or FWST would be wise to follow this line of investigation in the absense of any commitment to release the PH report.

If I were the Women Soccer Coach at BU, the SU rape would weigh heavy on my conscience. She should have a moral perigative to clear her name of wrong doing or own up to any missteps she may have taken as part of the heeling process. How the soccer coach is not part of the discussion is a shame, no matter the Texas politics.

This is a big enough national story at this point that there would be an audience for her story.

If she is fearful of retaliation from Baylor for telling the truth, then that's one more strike against Baylor's institutional controls.

Similar thing happened at KU where rapes of women on the rowing team by a football player caused the rowing coach to punish the victims after they reported.

The fact that this type of thing is common is not obvious to people, nor is the culture that perpetuates it. These things are unfamiliar to a lot of people.

With Baylor, it's particularly bad with how insular things are. People who should speak out do not. I did some digging yesterday to see if Baylor had a Women's Studies department. They do. It's an academic minor. None of the women listed as faculty had tweeted or blogged anything about what is going on at the university with this scandal.

I contrast this to how CU reacted to a sexual assault scandal over a decade ago and it highlights for me how different Colorado is from Big 12 culture. Much more similar to the other members of the Pac-12. Stanford is a great example. One national news incident that the university acted upon. And there are students & faculty protesting the "rape culture" at the university.

Again, many of us are in a cultural bubble and we consider the Stanford reaction "normal". Our "normal" is considered liberal hippie over-reaction driven by the PC media to people in other cultural bubbles in the US. Baylor is about as "other normal" of a bubble as you can get, with its mix of Texas & right wing politics. The politics that has given us elected officials that don't believe a woman can get pregnant if she is legitimately raped.

I think Baylor is discovering that it is they who are in the bubble.

There aren't a whole lot of institutions lining up in solidarity with Baylor. Not even Texas faith based universities such as TCU nor SMU.

Even the Baylor Alumni are demanding transparency including release of the PH report.

The KU rape and title9 suit will be interesting to track. But one huge difference is that the freedom of information act applies in Lawrence. The fate of the rowing coach at KU following his retaliation will be interesting to compare against the situation with the BU soccer coaches.

I think Baylor is discovering that it is they who are in the bubble.

There aren't a whole lot of institutions lining up in solidarity with Baylor. Not even Texas faith based universities such as TCU nor SMU.

Even the Baylor Alumni are demanding transparency including release of the PH report.

The KU rape and title9 suit will be interesting to track. But one huge difference is that the freedom of information act applies in Lawrence. The fate of the rowing coach at KU following his retaliation will be interesting to compare against the situation with the BU soccer coaches.

That could be a big thing that comes out of this: FOIA applying to private institutions if they receive federal money. Could mean that a college can't keep things hidden behind the wall if they accept grants or utilize the student loan program.

Back