What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowls and D2 Championship game today 12/21

Bortles looked bad against temple and Memphis until the 4th quarter then became BrettDan MarinoFarve to win. The guy has the tools and the size to be a high draft pick. But he isn't lighting it up tonight, yet.

How in the hell has ucf become a football power? And bailer too, for that matter?

And, yeah, I'm jealous and bitter.

How in the hell has ucf become a football power? And bailer too, for that matter?

Bailer learned to recruit in the SWC days. If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'.

UCF, who knows but they are in the middle of a huge pool of talent. I see a lot of kids out there for them that are a couple inches short or 15lbs. light who are proving the big schools who passed on them wrong. Bordles was mostly ignored as a QB in recruiting.

UCF has been building for over a decade. They have the best facilities in the state. They built an athletic complex with a football stadium, four dorm high-rises, new arena, and a full field IPF. 50,000 students to draw an athletic fee from. The real question is what took them so long to get here? Baylor made a deal with the devil, no doubt.

Bailer learned to recruit in the SWC days. If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'.

UCF, who knows but they are in the middle of a huge pool of talent. I see a lot of kids out there for them that are a couple inches short or 15lbs. light who are proving the big schools who passed on them wrong. Bordles was mostly ignored as a QB in recruiting.
Just finished FaceTiming my kid in China. His best friend's sis went to school in Waco. She said its a WallMart and one strip mall. The kid totally thinks the only way a top recruit goes there is for, umm, added benefits.

Regarding strictly on field performance, UCF impressive. And their recruiting gaining speed.

Central Florida playing a smart game, Baylor making mistakes.

Unless CFU just collapses this should be an embarassing loss for Baylor. To bad!!

**** Bailor but man those uniforms would look really awesome with CU on them, except I'd like gold lettering for last names.

**** Bailor but man those uniforms would look really awesome with CU on them, except I'd like gold lettering for last names.

So it doesn't matter any more to your age group if when you're flipping through the channels you can't tell whether you're seeing Baylor, Colorado or some other team until you read the graphic they put on the screen?

So it doesn't matter any more to your age group if when you're flipping through the channels you can't tell whether you're seeing Baylor, Colorado or some other team until you read the graphic they put on the screen?
No it does, I just really liked the jerseys that (****) Bailor had tonight

I thoroughly enjoyed that result.

Watching ****Bailer **** themselves in a BCS bowl game makes them being in one much more bearable.

Man, if it wasn't for schadenfreude, being a Buff fan would suck. :thumbsup:

UCF has been building for over a decade. They have the best facilities in the state. They built an athletic complex with a football stadium, four dorm high-rises, new arena, and a full field IPF. 50,000 students to draw an athletic fee from. The real question is what took them so long to get here? Baylor made a deal with the devil, no doubt.

No doubt they've done a great job for a program that's only been playing at the FBS level for about 15 years. It helps being in the AAC but even so they did have a couple of nice wins over Louisville and PSU, both on the road, and they gave the Gamecocks all they could handle. The question is can they sustain it, but it sounds like they have everything in place to do so. USF had a similar fast rise for a young program and almost made a BCS bowl a few years back. I expect we'll see similar fast rises with other new programs like ODU and UNC-Charlotte, who will both be joining C-USA over the next 2 seasons.

UCF has a pretty awesome layout on campus with the "athletics village". Pretty basic stadium but it is obvious they built it with the intent to expand. They do not have all the luxury appointments that a school like Oregon may have, but they have all the needs covered. Our admin could probably stand to learn a thing or two from them. I can't see how their donor pool would be bigger or wealthier than ours...

Carolina- It looks like UCF has a more sustainable model than USF at least facility-wise. They have done an excellent job creating a gameday atmosphere that USF can't touch renting the Bucs stadium. My nephew is a freshman at UCF and can see the scoreboard from his dorm window.

Shldr- the donor pool is young, but is starting to hit stride, plus, culturally, college football is more a priority here, and like I mentioned before, 50,000 students paying an athletics fee is a nice chunk of change too. UCF is also sitting on a chunk of land that dwarfs the current campus, so they can develop or sell parts as they need to.

I think OU is gonna get ****ing hammered tonight. I wasn't impressed with them all year. They did have a few solid wins but Bama is a different animal.

I think OU is gonna get ****ing hammered tonight. I wasn't impressed with them all year. They did have a few solid wins but Bama is a different animal.

I think you are going to be right. It all depends on how Bama approaches this game. If the Tide treats it like their season is already done and doesn't show up then the Sooners could win. If Bama comes in pissed and wanting to show that they should be in the NC game then OU could be toast.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd like to see a good game. There has only been about 3 bowls I've enjoyed this year.

Bama is going to blow out OU. Bama is going to try and make a statement (futile as it may be) to jump into #1.

I'm not sure if that skinny kid at QB for Oklahoma is going to survive this game.

OU has enough talent to make this a game but can't have ****ty passes that should go for a TD end up in a turnover

Back