What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowls and D2 Championship game today 12/21

Are you saying all white people look the same? Racist pig!

No, I think he's saying that, unlike most teams, Stanford's players wear uniforms that look really, really similar. Quit finding reasons to be offended.

Stanford drops another INT that was right in their hands. Next play they get the INT but MSU keeps the ball on a defensive holding call.

Cardinal doing everything they can to give this game to MSU.

Stanford offense has done zip since the FG drive in 1Q. They need to find a passing game, try some screens or something.

Costly fumble by Langford, MSU was moving the ball very well on that drive and likely would've gotten a TD

I know that Stanford has a team of professionals at the helm, but I am genuinely perplexed by this playcalling. Is this some sort of CU at nebraska in '94 deal? ****.

[tweet]418543393342369793[/tweet]

One of the reasons they end up in these close games is because they're so conservative.

Why do you guys say their play-calling is so conservative this game? Is it because of the matchup? Hogan threw 20 or fewer passes in 7 games this season and he's thrown 15 passes thru 3 quarters tonight, so this isn't all that unusual for them.

Why do you guys say their play-calling is so conservative this game? Is it because of the matchup? Hogan threw 20 or fewer passes in 7 games this season and he's thrown 15 passes thru 3 quarters tonight, so this isn't all that unusual for them.

I know, and it's cost them before. And they've had some games that they were running away with end up interesting at the end because they sat on the ball.

That's how you lose to Utah

Shaw talked about the Utah game. They opened things up and threw the ball all over the yard. It was going back to their identity after that game that turned Stanford's season around this year. They have a way of doing things and it works for them. Regardless of what happens today, Stanford's built to play this way and that's what they need to do.

It seems like sometimes these coaches decide that they are going to prove that they are smarter than everyone else and refuse to adapt.

MSU has proven that they can stop what Stanford is trying to do. Shaw has not shown that he will make the adjustments needed so far. Sparty on the other hand has mixed things up and been willing to go back to what they see works.

Shaw talked about the Utah game. They opened things up and threw the ball all over the yard. It was going back to their identity after that game that turned Stanford's season around this year. They have a way of doing things and it works for them. Regardless of what happens today, Stanford's built to play this way and that's what they need to do.

Did they? I didn't watch the game. I did see them play vs USC and it was very similar to this game. I'm not saying that they need to throw a lot, but running up the middle on every single play when it's clearly not working is a bad gameplan.

[tweet]418553297487024128[/tweet]

[tweet]418554150599671808[/tweet]

[tweet]418554288437075969[/tweet]

It's so conservative because it plays (played) to Sparty's strengths. If you can't run, do something else. But don't keep doing the same thing. That last offensive play was ridiculous. The play calling drove me nuts tonight.

And I'll ask you again, because the last time I asked this question, I don't think I got an answer: What's it like when your team moves to a conference you don't like? I don't I've ever seen you root for a Pac team that wasn't CU.

Shaw is a good coach but this team is and should be way better than their record this year. Michigan State played a better game today but are not the better team. Utah was not a better team that Stanford, USC was not a better team than Stanford. When a team is losing games to teams it shouldn't it's hard not to go back to the coaching.

Shaw is a good coach but this team is and should be way better than their record this year. Michigan State played a better game today but are not the better team. Utah was not a better team that Stanford, USC was not a better team than Stanford. When a team is losing games to teams it shouldn't it's hard not to go back to the coaching.

What's your evidence? I was rooting for Stanford, but MSU looked a lot better to me.

As good as Stanford's o line is, all 3 of those teams had the front 7 to do enough to win. They could have played those games again, and similar results could have occurred.

What's your evidence? I was rooting for Stanford, but MSU looked a lot better to me.

Including this game I've seen MSU 3 times this year. To my eye they clearly don't have the talent that Stanford does. The oddsmakers agree.

NCAA FOOTBALL SPREAD
freeodds_hdr_vegas1_fbc.gif

What MSU have done is a great job of maximizing the talent they have. Other than the pick 6 they played very effective football today. They were conservative enough not to give up chances but opened up enough to take advantage of Stanford every time Stanford sucked up defensively to jam them.

They knew that they wouldn't be able to run on Stanford but kept at it to keep Stanford honest. Conner Cook is not a great QB but they kept him in situations where he could be highly efficient and effective enough to win.

It was a tremendous effort on the part of Sparty, not so much for the Cardinal. If it were a one time thing you could find other explanations but as I listed it is three times this year.

Back