What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology/Bubble Watch 2021

Also a "lock" now and off the should be in status. While I don't always agree with their perception of some teams on this segment and who should be in versus not. The locks are usually on point. Always reassuring that we can s*** the bed against against ASU and in the conference tourney and it won't matter. Games only impact seeding now. I feel like in previous years it always came down to our conference tourney performance. Nice not having to think about that. The Buffs and McKinley Wright will be playing in March Madness folks.

Jerry Palm continues to be a f-ing dumbass.
Currently has:
Rutgers 13-10 as an 8
UConn 12-6 as an 8
Mizzou 14-7 as a 6
Florida 13-6 as a 6
Wisconsin 16-9 as a 7
Michigan State 13-10 as an 11
Texas Tech 15-8 as a 5

This would be a great year to be a 6-seed.

The big conference 11s are basically at the level of Stanford. The 3s are vulnerable to 1st round upsets and are likely to be teams with major flaws (i.e., a Villanova with no inside presence to contest shots).

I think it may be an easier path to the Rd of 32 than playing one of the best mid-majors not named Gonzaga in an opener. And I don't think there's a lick of difference between playing a 3 instead of a 5 in the 2nd round this year if things go to chalk.

In terms of a path to the Elite 8, the 1s (especially the top 3) are much scarier than the 2s. So that also favors a 6-seed over a 4 or 5.

That's with Ayo out, who was tracking to pass Garza for B1G POY.

I might be picking Illinois to win it all this year.
Wouldn't be a bad pick, they are a damn good team. We talked about them in another thread, maybe the "other games" one I guess. I said dangerous, I think. Looks like even more than that. We going to have a bracket on here this year? I'd be down with that. I usually do a couple of others as well.

How many more losses does Minnesota get before people forget they beat Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio State? The team is .500 and has some terrible losses. The team hasn’t won in a month. Does this team make it?

ESPN has us as a 5 seed then would be matched up vs Texas if we won. Seems favorable.

Jerry Palm he is as a 9 seed. Woof

I remember past versions of this thread. We would be obsessively updating rpi scores, following games all across the country, cheering for whatever random team, reading conference tournament predictions for every third tier conference, rubbing rabbits feet, sacrificing chickens and squinting our eyes just right to find the golden pathway for the buffs to make the tournament. Those threads were so much fun and my brackets were better since I was up to date on the entire field. I’m happy this thread is kind of boring.

I remember past versions of this thread. We would be obsessively updating rpi scores, following games all across the country, cheering for whatever random team, reading conference tournament predictions for every third tier conference, rubbing rabbits feet, sacrificing chickens and squinting our eyes just right to find the golden pathway for the buffs to make the tournament. Those threads were so much fun and my brackets were better since I was up to date on the entire field. I’m happy this thread is kind of boring.
I feel your joy.

there was about a four year stretch where myself and other VT hoops fans (both of them) were hitting up and quoting a site something like nitbubblewatch.com (I can't find it anymore, but the url was close to that). I don't miss those days.

The Bracket Matrix guy tracks how everyone's final projections line up with the actual field. Of the 133 that he has tracked for rover 5 years (including purely statistical models like KPI, RPI, etc) Palm ranks 85th, and just above average in terms of how good his brackets are.

Yeah, I'm sure rover can pick better than palm.

Weird to say when watching a team play poorly and get upset, but I'm impressed by this FSU team. They're going to dangerous in the Dance.

Back