What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology/Bubble Watch 2021

How safe is UCLA? They are not quite in freefall mode (after all, it took a buzzer beater from USC to down them Sat.) but they've lost 3 in a row and their only win against a tournament team is against us in early January.

An early exit in the P12 tourney from the Bruins could have them sweating buckets this week.

How safe is UCLA? They are not quite in freefall mode (after all, it took a buzzer beater from USC to down them Sat.) but they've lost 3 in a row and their only win against a tournament team is against us in early January.

An early exit in the P12 tourney from the Bruins could have them sweating buckets this week.
They need a win to be secure.

It does matter, though, that they lost to USC by 1 with their leading scorer out.

I'd argue that they aren't in a freefall, they lost to the top 3 teams in the conference. Two road games and USC at Pauley as Nik mentioned without their current best player Juzang. They also lost their best player a few games into the season with a torn ACL Chris Smith. and have been playing without their 2nd best big in Jalen Hill for most of the second half of the season. Imagine our season in that scenario.

I think they could well be on the bubble or the outside looking in even if they beat Oregon State then lose to Oregon.

I've skimmed through Jerry Palm's articles a couple of times, he rates the Pac12 much lower than their NET rankings because he thinks the OOC performance was horrible. I imagine there's at least one person on the committee who agrees.

Looking at the scores on that UCLA schedule is interesting too. They play a lot of close games, 8-2 in games decided by 5 or less, plus 2-1 in OT (both wins by more than 5), so they were 10-2 in games that were less than 2 possessions difference at the end of regulation. If they were even just 8-4 in those games I imagine they'd be on the outside looking in.

Hopefully they beat Oregon State and Oregon, and solidify a spot. More Pac 12 teams in the tourney is good for the conference.

BYU is a touch behind the Buffs on the BracketMatrix average.

They'd have to leapfrog us with a win over Gonzaga tonight to take the WCC tourney.

BYU is a touch behind the Buffs on the BracketMatrix average.

They'd have to leapfrog us with a win over Gonzaga tonight to take the WCC tourney.

Not gonna happen.
andrew hawkins no GIF by Nickelodeon at Super Bowl

I'd argue that they aren't in a freefall, they lost to the top 3 teams in the conference. Two road games and USC at Pauley as Nik mentioned without their current best player Juzang. They also lost their best player a few games into the season with a torn ACL Chris Smith. and have been playing without their 2nd best big in Jalen Hill for most of the second half of the season. Imagine our season in that scenario.
I think the committee takes injuries into account more often if there's a chance that player returns for the tournament. If a player's season is over, then the team is what they are and they are evaluated as such.

I'm rooting for all of the bid thieves out there (unless they're playing CU). I'd love to see csu pouting on national TV when their name isn't called.

I think they could well be on the bubble or the outside looking in even if they beat Oregon State then lose to Oregon.

I've skimmed through Jerry Palm's articles a couple of times, he rates the Pac12 much lower than their NET rankings because he thinks the OOC performance was horrible. I imagine there's at least one person on the committee who agrees.

Looking at the scores on that UCLA schedule is interesting too. They play a lot of close games, 8-2 in games decided by 5 or less, plus 2-1 in OT (both wins by more than 5), so they were 10-2 in games that were less than 2 possessions difference at the end of regulation. If they were even just 8-4 in those games I imagine they'd be on the outside looking in.

Hopefully they beat Oregon State and Oregon, and solidify a spot. More Pac 12 teams in the tourney is good for the conference.

I don't give a **** about what's good for the rest of the conference. UCLA shouldn't have lost that game they did to WSU.

I'm rooting for all of the bid thieves out there (unless they're playing CU). I'd love to see csu pouting on national TV when their name isn't called.

I love to hate on CSU in football, but CO is a college basketball wasteland. Both CU and CSU are having great seasons and there is literally no buzz about it at all.

I want CU and CSU to both be successful so that there might end being a modicum of interest paid.

If at some point people start giving a ****, then I'll start hating on them in hoops, too.

I love to hate on CSU in football, but CO is a college basketball wasteland. Both CU and CSU are having great seasons and there is literally no buzz about it at all.

I want CU and CSU to both be successful so that there might end being a modicum of interest paid.

If at some point people start giving a ****, then I'll start hating on them in hoops, too.
Nope, screw csu always and forever.

UCLA has a bid wrapped up

I'm not sure there are a lot of mid-major bid thieves this year. It takes a #1 seed that would get in regardless and I don't see many of those from traditionally 1-bid leagues this year.

Where I'm looking is at the major conferences. Wouldn't shock me too much if a Kentucky or Duke or Marquette made an unexpected run to punch a dance card.

BYU scoring at will against the Zags right now. Up 11, have already scored 37 points through 13 minutes.

Zags decided to play defense in the second half. 53, first half points for BYU, only 18 points through the first 15 minutes of the second. Tied at 71 with a bit more than 5 to go.

This is good for the Zags before the Dance. Haven't had a single game all season that wasn't a double digit win.

Back